My wife and I stayed at the Eaglewood Resort and Spa, with the “Turn Up the Romance” package, which was my present for her birthday.
The package included:
- Deluxe overnight accommodations for two adults
- Champagne and chocolate-covered strawberries
- Two complimentary drinks in Ogden’s Bar (or any other bar in the resort)
- Breakfast for two in the morning in Burnham’s restaurant
- Enjoy a 30-minute couple Swedish massage at The Spa
- Welcome basket with cheese, crackers and fruits and a Spa amenity.
- Late check-out of 2pm
To the package, I also added a $60 resort dining credit for $60 and I paid in total $380, taxes included.
My wife and I, overall, had a nice time at the resort. Specifically, we liked:
1. The room had a nice golf course view was spacious and quiet.
2. The food at dinner was delicious and refined. We both loved each dish.
3. The place is quiet and it was really nice to unwind and relax.
4. The experience at the Spa was great. We both enjoy the couple massage and the time in the relaxation room before and after it.
In addition, I also want to give a special mention to the waitress who served us at dinner (Catherine, maybe?). She was very helpful, knowledgeable, and authentically attentive. She helped us with a couple of substitutions and she was never intrusive.
Even though we had a good experience, I also feel like there are some details that need some improvement.
1. The TV had a big line of burned pixels and the pump of the soap dispenser in the shower was not working. I immediately informed the front desk about it, and they told me they will inform the engineering. However, they didn’t fix either of the issues.
2. The “welcome basket with cheese, crackers and fruits and a Spa amenity” wasn’t really a welcome basket because I had to call the room service in order to get it delivered to my room.
3. The Champagne included the “Turn Up the Romance” package tasted really cheap. Now, I wasn’t expecting a bottle of Moët & Chandon or anything close to that, but not even a $3 sparkling wine.
4. The Burnham's restaurant was closed for the night and I was hoping to have dinner in a setting that was a little less informal than the Prairie River, which feels more like a pub than a restaurant.
5. The food we had for dinner was really good and upscale, but unfortunately didn't really match the atmosphere of the Prairie River.
6. At first, my wife and I sit outside in the patio, which is a glass door away from the Prairie River restaurant (in fact, the drinks come out from the Prairie River bar), in the hope to have a dinner al fresco.
Unfortunately, we were told that in the patio, they were only serving drinks.
7. The elevators are really slow.
8. The Spa/Pool/Fitness center is located across the parking lot and they are not connected to the hotel. I was there in early September, so it wasn’t that bad, but I can’t think it to be pleasant during the winter.
9. There is no fridge in the room, which is quite disappointing for a place that calls itself “Resort”.
10. The whole resort feel a little outdated and needs some updates.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Upscale accommodations, luxurious amenities, technologically advanced conference facilities. Golf course and wellness spa. Newly renovations spacious, mission style guestrooms with mellow golds, deep reds and rich greens used throughout. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Eaglewood Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eaglewood Resort And Spa Chicago
- Eaglewood Resort & Spa Chicago Hotel Itasca
- Eaglewood Hotel Chicago
- Eaglewood Hotel Itasca
- Eaglewood Resort And Spa Itasca Il