“BAR in lower level”

Eaglewood Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Itasca
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I had an amazing experience with SERVER DENY and BARTENDER ANGELA at the MONSTER MASH Halloween party in the bar at Eaglewood Resort & Spa. The service was phenomenal and the staff is exceptional. THANK YOU

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Judi D
Michael W, General Manager at Eaglewood Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to share your very positive experience at Eaglewood Resort and Spa with us. It is rewarding to see the investment made in training paying dividends; rest assured I will share your comments Deny, Angela and with the rest of the Team. Thank you again and we hope to be of service soon.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

The staff are awesome. Your every need is attended to. The shuttle driver, Safwat, is first class! He took me where I needed to go and offered to take me to additional stops as might be needed. He helped me with my packages and made good recommendations. It only took 10 minutes for him to pick me up when I called the hotel.

Housekeeping honored our request to change out the room daily and leave extra coffee and robes.

Can't wait to try the spa now.

I think the resort is wonderful on a beautiful golf course setting. Will be back next time in Chicago.

Thanks
Dr. Hathaway

Room Tip: Get either a suite - or one of the pie shaped rooms in the towers on the golf course side. The stan...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Michael W, General Manager at Eaglewood Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Thank you for your kind comments. We always value feedback provided by our guests and appreciate the extra time you have taken to provide this information. I have shared your message with Safwat and the rest of the team and we are pleased to read your stay was an enjoyable experience.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

Although I thought the common areas were beautiful and staff for the most part was friendly/accommodating, there were several smaller issues that would make me think twice before staying there again...the hallways are narrow and outdated, it was very confusing trying to figure out which "Tower" my room was in. The rooms were somewhat outdated. They had soap/shampoo/conditioner permanently attached in the shower, but no additional containers nor a bath support bar in the tub, so I found it extremely difficult to continually stand up during my "relaxing" bath in the small tub, especially as a pregnant woman in her second trimester. I did not have a single meal I enjoyed at the restaurant and was very upset to discover that the one night I ordered room service my bill was automatically charged an 18% gratuity (which I think is pretty high for delivery only), not to mention the reason I missed it was because the deliverer was creepy and I wanted to get him out of my room quickly, and he didn't even bring ketchup for my fries which I ended up walking to the bar to get some and ended up paying him nearly 36% tip (which I could not get a refund for)! I had left a note on my door requesting no room service one day, and the sign was removed from the door and ignored. Multiple nights there were very loud, drunk guests that remained in the hallway for extended periods of time in the wee hours, which ended right before I made a formal complaint each night. Not a horrible stay, but definitely not my ideal experience.

Room Tip: On the fourth floor is most convenient, but higher floors will have less traffic.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
CharlesReece, General Manager at Eaglewood Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at Eaglewood with us, only through the efforts of guests like you are we able to identify our areas in need of improvement. I am disappointed to learn of the problems you experienced during your stay. Your experience is not typical of what we are accustomed to providing our guests; rest assured the comments will be addressed with the respective team members for their immediate attention. While some of the issues you identified are not an easy fix, we will work on the others and use your feedback in our training. Thank you again.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

We booked a number of rooms for our daughter's wedding recently, as the reception was at nearby Medinah Country Club. Everyone was very pleased with the rooms, and the staff was very friendly and happy to work with us. They provided shuttle services to and from the reception, and even provided a couple more than we had anticipated. Lovely setting.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Sue C
CharlesReece, General Manager at Eaglewood Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your stay with us, rest assured I will share your feedback with the team. We hope we have the pleasure to be of service in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

We're not one to write reviews ordinarily, but we were given a card to suggest we do, and our visit was so comfortable, here it is.

Our stay was for just four nights, a quick visit to our old stomping grounds of Chicago. Weather was perfect 9/26 through 9/30/2013, and the hotel was excellent. We especially enjoyed the great food and hosted friends visiting us there on two separate dinners. On one occasion, we took the train into the city and Jimmy the concierge personally drove us to the station. Even better, when we returned we gave him a call and he was waiting for us when the train pulled in! Loved the great service, Jimmy!

As long as I'm mentioning names, a big thanks to Eddie, our bartender in the lobby lounge a couple evenings. Great drinks, friendly chatter, excellent service. Finally, there's a great waiter there who served us both at breakfasts and also dinner one night in the Prairie River restaurant, but unfortunately we didn't catch his name. Thanks to him as well.

As far as room quality and amenities, all were excellent. We didn't play golf or use the pool, but I'm sure it is first class like everything else. We live in Indiana now, and this was an excellent getaway for us to visit Chicago and suburbs after years away. We'll do it again soon, and most likely stay at Eaglewood again. Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Macinfla
CharlesReece, General Manager at Eaglewood Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to share your very positive experience at Eaglewood Resort and Spa with us. It is rewarding to see the investment made in training paying dividends; rest assured I will share your kind comments with Jimmy, Eddie and the rest of the Team. Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 29 September 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a weekend anniversary getaway. The place is beautiful! The rooms are nicely appointed and everything smelled fresh. The bed was comfortable and we both slept well. The staff was friendly and helpful. The live music on the patio over the weekend was great. The food at Prairie River was delicious. We enjoyed a couples massage in the spa. The fitness center was nice as well. This resort is a Biggest Loser resort, so sometimes the fitness center is not accessible. The indoor pool is large. The only drawback is that the spa and fitness center is not connected to the hotel. All in all, we will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Choose a view of the golf course, worth the extra money.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa M
CharlesReece, General Manager at Eaglewood Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your stay with us, rest assured I will share your feedback with the team. We appreciate the opportunity you gave us to be of service on this special occasion and hope to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

The reception area is lovely, and the personnel are accommodating. However, we walked to our room down many long, long corridors, each color coded in very similar colors. Wasn't sure which one was the "green." When we finally got to our room, the smell of mold or mildew was overpowering. The decor and bathrooms were very "dated." We avoided going back to the room unnecessarily, to avoid this endless hike in the uphill hallways.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at Eaglewood with us, only through the efforts of guests like you are we able to identify our areas in need of improvement. Please accept my sincere apology for the poor encounter, I am disappointed to learn of the problems you had with the odor in your guest room. Your experience is not typical of what we are accustomed to providing our guests, rest assured the comments will be addressed with the respective team members.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Itasca
Hyatt Place Itasca
The Peninsula Chicago
#2 of 192 in Chicago
Near North Side
Kimpton Hotel Palomar Chicago

Been to Eaglewood Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!