“A great spring break experience”

Eaglewood Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Itasca
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 14 May 2014

My family and I visit the Eaglewood every year for spring break, and I would have say that this was the best trip yet! Kara helped us out with our accommodations and was very helpful throughout the process of booking the room.

• Stayed: March 2014
Adam K, Manager at Eaglewood Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Thank you for your review and continued loyalty to Eaglewood Resort & Spa! I look forward to passing along your kind sentiments to the specific staff member that you've mentioned. We are very happy to learn that we were able to exceed all expectations and we hope you'll continue to stay with us in the future.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

I went to a conference in this hotel and the staff there are truly superior. The beds were super comfortable and the rooms were nicely sized. Wifi was blazing fast and was strong throughout the resort. Safwat the concierge did an awesome job and went out of his way to help me get a famous Portillos Italian beef sandwich!!

1  Thank Tom S
Adam K, Manager at Eaglewood Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

It is our goal to provide superior service for each and every one of our guests. We are happy to know that our staff was able to provide a consistent high level of service throughout your stay. Our staff is certainly our greatest asset and I look forward to sharing your kind words of praise with our team. We hope to welcome you back to the Eaglewood Resort & Spa.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

First time to Chicago and really enjoyed our stay at Eaglewood. The staff were exceptional especially Patrick the shuttle driver and Sara at the desk. All the other staff members were very polite and helpful. I will definitely recommend Eaglewood and looking forward to their great service. Have a great day everyone! Peace :)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your first trip to Chicago! We are happy to know that your experience reflected the high standards of customer service we strive to achieve. We greatly appreciate your recommendation and hope we have the pleasure to welcome you back to the Eaglewood Resort & Spa sometime in the near future.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

I recently stayed here, last night actually, and to say the least, I'm impressed. My fiancé and I stayed on the 12th floor in the South Tower for our 3 year anniversary and the view and privacy was absolutely wonderful. The only major disappointment (and the reason for not giving 5 stars) is that because of some mixup in management, they called us the day we were coming in and cancelled our massage and spa treatment (ruined the surprise from my fiancé). very, very disappointing considering they called the day before confirming the stay and spa treatment. However, the reason for still giving 4 stars was the front desk girl I dealt most with, Kara. she understood how frustrating this was for us and she ended up contacting management and getting EVERYTHING but drinks and bowling totally compted by the hotel. (NO charge to stay, which our romance package should've been about $400 for one night). I really do appreciate Kara's expertise and commitment to me as a customer. other than that, the upper floors get a little cramped but totally worth it for the privacy . we were charged however for an amenity that we did my receive, $16 that we still haven't received a refund for. I will keep an eye on this and contact management if necessary. like I said, I would've given a much lower rating if it weren't for Kara and I do believe that she should be recognized for her outstanding customer service.

• Stayed: April 2014

We are so honored that you and your fiance chose the Eaglewood Resort & Spa to celebrate your 3-year anniversary. I'd like to take this opportunity to apologize on behalf of our staff for the cancellation at our spa. While we truly regret any inconveniences or frustrations that you endured, we are happy to know that our staff was able to make your visit as enjoyable as possible. If your billing issue is not resolved soon, we encourage you to contact us directly so we can resolve any issues. Thank you.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

First of all, I would like to say that Kara at the front desk was AMAZING. I had to take a red eye flight that got me into Chicago at 6 am and check in is at 3 pm. I called and Kara told me that they could get me into my room early with no questions asked or additional fees. I was exhasted and SO VERY grateful. Also, I want to thank Safwat, consierge and shuttle driver. I wanted a White Castle Hambugars becuase you can't get them in Arizona where I am from. So, after I was accomodated with an early check in with Kara, Safwat took me to to White Castle. He was so freindly, kind and very patient. So I want to make sure that these two employees of the Eaglewood and the Eaglewood Resort receive the very best rating and thank you one can give. !!! Thank you! Nancy Jauregui, Prescott Arizona

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Adam K, Manager at Eaglewood Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

We are thrilled to know that our staff member was able to accommodate you with an early check in after your red eye flight. We are happy that you were able to visit White Castle during your visit and we will certainly pass on your gratitude to our team! We hope you'll have the opportunity to visit with us again, as it would be our pleasure to welcome you back to Eaglewood Resort & Spa.

Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

I went for a conference; did not stay overnight as live nearby. Had buffet lunch in main level restaurant one day and then tried downstairs restaurant next day as food was marginal. My fries were so soaked in grease they were limp. Would not eat in either restaurant again.

• Stayed: April 2014

We rely on our guests to let us know how we are doing and how we can improve for the future. We deeply regret your disappointment while dining with us and apologize if we did not deliver the food and service level guests have come to expect from us. I will share your comments with restaurant management and hope you will allow us another chance to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

This was my first time at Eaglewood Resort & Spa since it was Nordic Hills way back when! Beautiful environment - prairie style - very comfortable accommodations and a lovely, relaxing lobby. Dinner at Prairie River restaurant was delicious and the ingredients are so fresh. The next day, I attended a conference and was very happy with the comfortable, multileveled meeting room. The continental breakfast had a large variety to choose from (bagels, sweet rolls, granola, fruit, cereal, etc.) and the lunch was a very welcome buffet! While you usually get some kind of chicken at a conference lunch, we had a bountiful buffet with a salad bar that could have been a meal in itself! And the desserts.... The BEST!! Everyone was very courteous and friendly, and Sarah Ann at the front desk was especially helpful and treated us extremely well! I will definitely come back for a "relaxing" stay - I was very impressed!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

We are delighted to read your kind comments regarding our staff members, dining services and accommodations here at Eaglewood Resort & Spa. We especially love reading your great comments regarding our food selections and desserts! We are extremely pleased to know that you were so impressed with our services and we look forward to welcoming you back again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Itasca
Hyatt Place Itasca
The Peninsula Chicago
#2 of 192 in Chicago
Near North Side
Kimpton Hotel Palomar Chicago

Been to Eaglewood Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!