Stayed one night here on a Saturday night (important later in this review), when we had a concert in the area. Overall a disappointing experience, and we would not stay here again - at least not without doing two things differently.
IF YOU STAY AT THIS HOTEL, DO THE FOLLOWING TWO THINGS, and your experience will probably be better than ours. One, make sure your room is NOT on the same floor as the lobby level (4th floor). Two, try to avoid Saturday nights if at all possible. Here is why...
The way the hotel is laid out, well, I hope this architect doesn't find hotel work ever again. The 4th floor has more rooms than any other floor - and this is the floor that everyone has to walk through (all the rooms are RIGHT on the main hallway) to get to the other rooms or elevators to other floors. So if your room is on the 4th floor, you literally get every single person going in and out walking past your room, at all hours of the night. I've never seen a hotel laid out this way - usually the access to rooms is not past most of the hotel guest rooms on the biggest floor - who thought that was a good idea?
All hours of the night is the problem when there are weddings and events that day and night. We had people walking by yelling, screaming, generally being loud and drunk, walking by the room the entire night. We barely slept.
To make things worse - and this will not be helped by location, most likely - the beds were very uncomfortable. Hard as a rock.
Location is, well, not close to anything else, in terms of walking. Short drive to some nice places.
The good? The grounds are very nice, staff was fine, common areas fine, nice pool, reasonable rate.
Defintiely would not recommend, but if you do have to stay here, FOLLOW MY ADVICE - no 4th floor rooms, and avoid Saturday night if possible.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Upscale accommodations, luxurious amenities, technologically advanced conference facilities. Golf course and wellness spa. Newly renovations spacious, mission style guestrooms with mellow golds, deep reds and rich greens used throughout. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Eaglewood Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eaglewood Resort & Spa Chicago Hotel Itasca
- Eaglewood Resort And Spa Chicago
- Eaglewood Hotel Chicago
- Eaglewood Hotel Itasca
- Eaglewood Resort And Spa Itasca Il