“Holiday Inn--Itasca”

Holiday Inn Itasca (Woodfield Area)
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Itasca
GreenLeadersBronze level
Clarkston, Michigan
“Holiday Inn--Itasca”
Reviewed 26 October 2013

It looked as if the front of the hotel, the lobby, sitting area and restaurant etc. were remodeled. It looked nice.

Checking in was fast and friendly. They were very nice at the front desk. There is nothing right next to the hotel but they are close to a lot of restaurants, mall and such.

Road construction is going on all around the hotel. Makes it a little difficult driving. My room was OK but the bathroom could have used a little work.

The breakfast was very good in the morning with a lot of fresh fruit. The restaurant and bar were a little plain but the service was very good. I watched a baseball game at the bar and the bartender could not have been any nicer.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Justina P, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Itasca (Woodfield Area), responded to this review, 30 November 2013
It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed our restaurant for breakfast so much. Our kitchen staff has a long tenure here and works towards perfection. Please come back for another experience with us next time you are in from Germany.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 8 October 2013

This particular holiday inn is very capacitive. When I arrived that night there was a classmates reunion and another event holding, so you can hear people chatting and laughing at the front desk. But as soon as you go in the elevator, we didn't hear the noise anymore, nor in our room. our room was spacious with a sofa inside, we liked the hot shower.

Room Tip: Our room had the windows open against the lobby inside the building. Quite interesting.
Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Bentonville, Arkansas, United States
Reviewed 1 October 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel for a week and a half to perform training seminars for my companies field personnel. The hotel accomodations were relaxing and comfortable. The room had a refrigerator and microwave making it nice for drinks/snacks and had a desk for working on my laptops. The hotel restaurant area was spacious and had excellent hot food and fruit for breakfast.
The business area was spacious and the sales personnel were excellent! Throughout the week and a half of training, they ensured our meeting room was refreshed and restocked with coffee, water and drinks, and ensured we had lunch menus in the morning with lunches delivered on time. Thank you Uly for taking care of us!
I will hold my future training seminars in that area at this hotel!

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side face the interstate.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 September 2013

I stayed here for business purposes so I can't really comment on location etc as Isis not have a choice.

The staff were very friendly and I commend them on this!

The rooms are stocked with some bath and body works toiletries and dingy towels. Water is not provided. My room along with others smelled like stale cigarette smoke and mold walls were dirty with scuff marks, chipping paint. Rooms either overlook the highway which is loud or indoors to the atrium lobby where you will hear everything outside if people are at the games room or in the lobby.

I would recommend the breakfast but no other meals. I was very turned off by all catered meals we were provided.

I would only stay here if I had no other choice.

Disclaimer: I am not at all a very picky person or require frills. I just found I never felt facilities were clean or new and did not enjoy the lack of fresh air.

• Stayed September 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Itasca (Woodfield Area), responded to this review, 5 October 2013
Dear Windyslice,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I am pleased to know that you had a satisfactory stay at our hotel and apologize for any shortfalls you have encountered. I appreciate feedback that we receive, whether positive and negative to ensure we provide the best level of service and facilities that we can give to our guests. Thank you again for your review and I hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Papillion, Nebraska
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Above average HInn, OK bang for the buck, but one room in our group had wet floor...everywhere and our door lock, room 326, was unusually hard to open. They moved them to another room without problem but the lock was still goofy.
Front desk was helpful with scheduling the van. The bar manager opened early for the wedding group. All good.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Muddy630
Fuchu, Japan
Reviewed 23 August 2013

I stayed at this hotel for our wedding in May, 2013. My review is not for wedding planning and reception facilities for the purpose of this review. (The wedding planning and reception facilities were fantastic by the way. )

The location of this hotel is near O'Hare Airport, about a 20 minute drive away.
There is no shuttle service from the airport, which is the only negative thing about this hotel. However the hotel provides shuttle service anywhere within a 5 mile radius, so you can take a shuttle to the Itasca train (METRA) station to head downtown (3 mins) and to Woodfield mall (15 mins).

The reception and lobby area is nice and spacious, and there is a restaurant/bar attached to the reception area. This hotel was renovated recently so reception/lobby and restaurant/bar looks brand new.

The room I stayed in was a suite, so it was very spacious with an overlooking view of the lobby. The room and bathroom were very clean and the bed was comfortable. If you are looking for a fancy/trendy room, this might not be your type of room, but it was a classic and comfy room.

The staff here is very friendly, nice and helpful.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed 11 August 2013

We stayed at the Holiday Inn recently for a convention near by. The hotel lobby and common areas are updated and welcoming. The restaurant is nothing special. We did order room service one night and though the prices were reasonable, you could tell the ingredients were bought at a restaurant supply store like Sam's or GFS and just assembled. The pool was fine. The hallways were a little on the loud side. I probably won't stay here again, just because the location although close to Woodfield Mall, was not really close enough to restaurants, shopping, etc. A lot of semi-trucks parked in the parking lot, tells me that the hotel is clean and reasonably priced, but certainly more functional than romantic or family-oriented.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank bugphobic_10
Courtney F, Guest Experience Manager at Holiday Inn Itasca (Woodfield Area), responded to this review, 12 August 2013
Thank you for your comments on your recent stay with us. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit. We hope you will give us another chance to show you a wonderful experience!

Courtney F.
Guest Experience Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Itasca
Hyatt Place Itasca
Hyatt Place Itasca
#1 of 5 in Itasca
Eaglewood Resort & Spa
The Westin Chicago Northwest
Hampton Inn & Suites Addison
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Itasca
Hilton Garden Inn Addison

Been to Holiday Inn Itasca (Woodfield Area)? Share your experiences!