“My stay”

Holiday Inn Itasca (Woodfield Area)
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Itasca
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The service was very excellent, room very clean. We had breakfast and everything was very good. Overall i was very satisfy with everything and recommend it and I will visit it again. The pool area was also very clean and they will be checking to make sure that they had towels at all times.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Ryan Q, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Itasca (Woodfield Area), responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay with us, here at Holiday Inn Itasca! I appreciate you taking the time to share your recommendation and feedback of the service and accommodations you enjoyed during your recent stay. I was delighted to read that you already plan on visiting us again. We are eagerly looking forward to your return. Until then, stay awesome!

Guest Experience Manager

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Itasca (Woodfield Area)

Reviewed 20 May 2014

The food is great, the service is top notch and the price is right. I could not ask for anything better. We have had two corporate meetings at this location and everyone raves about the food. I am feeding 70 union workers. If the food is not good, they would have no problem telling me. It also helps that there is plenty of parking and a bar. I highly recommend this location for a corporate meeting or event.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Ryan Q, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Itasca (Woodfield Area), responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Thank you so much Jaymee, for taking the time to share your recommendation and recent experience at Holiday Inn Itasca. I was pleased to read your kind remarks of our restaurant and am delighted to see you regard our service as top notch. We are honored to have hosted your corporate meetings and look forward to the opportunity to welcome more to come.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I took my kids and one of their closest friends on an overnight stay at this hotel. It was last minute, but we all had a blast. The hotel is very clean, staff was very friendly and down to earth, the price was right, the hotel wasn't overcrowded and the kids were able to enjoy the pool/area with no issues. Some times when you are not able to go on "vacation", going to a nearby hotel can turn out to be a great inexpensive experience just as this was for the kids and I. Though it wasn't Disney Land....no-one had any complaints! I'd highly recommend this hotel to locals and long distance travelers. Oh...and there is a bar and restaurant located inside of the hotel inaddition to a small gameroom just for the kids (both big and little lol).

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Ryan Q, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Itasca (Woodfield Area), responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2014

I am delighted to read that you and your family enjoyed your recent experience at Holiday Inn Itasca. Thank you for taking the time to share your recommendation of your stay as well as your kind feedback. Although we may not be Disneyland, I can assure you we're the happiest place in Illinois! I certainly hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

I thought this hotel had plenty of value for the $100 dollar range. The breakfast was good, the room was clean and the service was flawless. Also the workout room was small nice. I was given a late checkout with no problem. I would recommend this hotel to business travelers as well as families.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Ryan Q, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Itasca (Woodfield Area), responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Thank you so much, Tom and Tammy, for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at Holiday Inn Itasca. I was thrilled to read you enjoyed every aspect of your experience. We would love the opportunity to welcome you back should you ever find yourself in Chicago again. Until then, take care and enjoy the summer!

Reviewed 5 May 2014

My visit to Chicago was for both business and pleasure. My choice of the Holiday Inn was due to an acceptable rate for the King room that I wanted. It turns out that the rate was not the only good thing about the hotel. From the moment that I checked in I was treated very well by all of the staff. Even a maintenance man who met me in the elevator was courteous.
The room was clean and in very good shape. The bed and pillows were comfortable. Parking was convenient. I only ate breakfasts in the hotel, but they were tasty and inexpensive.
All things considered, a very good place to stay, I recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Thank depeanuts .
Ryan Q, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Itasca (Woodfield Area), responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

I am pleased to read you enjoyed your recent stay at Holiday Inn Itasca. Thank you for taking the time to share your recommendation of your stay as well as your kind feedback regarding the service and amenities. Reviews from our guests are always appreciated and passed down to every department. We truly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Until then, stay awesome!

Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a weekend while we were in town for a wedding and we were completely blown away by the outstanding customer service! From check in to check out everything went so smooth!

We had our 5 year son with us who has a gluten allergy and we had to bring some food for him that had to be refrigerated and they brought up a mini fridge and microwave at no extra charge!

Later after check in we went down to the game room which my son loved! The air hockey table was broken and when we notified the front desk that we lost some change in the machine, they immediately replaced it and gave use some extra quarters to play other games with! My son had a blast!

That evening we ate at the restaurant. I ordered a burger and fries and my son got the kids grilled chicken and veggies with a salad, followed by an ice cream bar! When I got the check, I was surprised that it was only $8! The extremely sweet and tentative waitress informed me that kids eat free when dining in the restaurant.

The next morning morning we had an amazing breakfast buffet. We left for the afternoon And returned, hoping to grab a late lunch, I ran down stairs with my sons gluten free bread, hoping the chef could make him a grilled cheese, but The restaurant was closed:( the extremely helpful young lady at the front desk , ran back to see if they could grill it for him anyways, and sure enough, she came out with a grilled cheese just for him!

It's so hard to travel with a kid who has food allergies and this hotel made our trip less stressful!

Lastly, when we arrived home, we realized that we accidentally left my sons favorite stuffed animal and pillow case. Fortunately they found it and are shipping it back to us in Ohio:)

Thanks so much for everything! We enjoyed our stay very much.

Stayed: May 2014

Thank you for staying with us, at Holiday Inn Itasca! I am happy to read you were pleased with your decision to bring your son to stay with us and that you both enjoyed our game room. I truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and acknowledge our team members' efforts to ensure your visit was pleasant and memorable. I look forward to welcoming you and your family back in the near future. Have a great summer!

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Stayed at this location for business (Scholastic) and my first impression was very good, however, when entering the room it was downhill from there. Evidently the common areas were updated but the guest rooms were not. When entering my room, I noticed the fan was on "high"-after turning it down, I noticed a odor that smelled like stinky feet. My colleagues were on other floors and when on the 5th floor as soon as I exited the elevator the cigarette smoke smell hit us like a brick wall. The smoke odor was also in the room as well though the front desk said it was a non-smoking room. The staff was very accomodating and we enjoyed the shuttle rides to and from office and airport.

Room Tip: If you are a non-smoker, don't stay on the 5th floor.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Ryan Q, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Itasca (Woodfield Area), responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at Holiday Inn Itasca. We truly appreciate all forms of guest feedback and it is through constructive comments, like yours, that we are able to improve our services and facilities for our guests. Please accept my sincere apologies that you were left to feel disappointed in any way. Rest assured, we have investigated your comments and I trust you will find an improvement in this regard should you return to stay with us. I would love the opportunity to speak with you further about your less than perfect experience. Please, do not hesitate to reach out to me at rquinn@fhginc.com or you can call the hotel directly. I look forward to hearing from you!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Itasca
Hyatt Place Itasca
Hyatt Place Itasca
#1 of 5 in Itasca
Eaglewood Resort & Spa
The Westin Chicago Northwest
Hampton Inn & Suites Addison
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chicago Wood Dale - Elk Grove
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Itasca

Been to Holiday Inn Itasca (Woodfield Area)? Share your experiences!