“Very happy guest!”

The Westin Chicago Northwest
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Itasca
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I like to take weekend trips with my kids and drive by this hotel quite often. Decided to stay here and I'm so glad I did. We had an awesome room! The hotel was quiet and clean. Loved the open lobby area. Upon check in we were treated wonderfully as for check out. Used the workout room and adjacent gym pool. Both were better that I expected. Overall, I was very pleased and will definitely be coming back again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 7 March 2014

I stayed several time here over last few years. This is approx 20-25 mins from the Ohare Airport. The location is not that great, however the hotel is clean and the staff is friendly. I find this an average Westin property (overall). I will not stay here for personal trip.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 March 2014

So, Westin allowed some youtube kids to have a HUGE event in this hotel on 3/1/2014. There were hundreds of screaming girls in the lobby. Since the entire hotel is built around an atrium, it echoed all day until 3 a.m. They told me that they would quiet things down at 11, but it kept going until 3, and then it started again at 5 a.m.

They were gracious enough to refund me for my room, but frankly, I would have rather got a good night's sleep!

Room Tip: don't let them give you a room with an adjoining door! You can hear EVERYTHING next door.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 March 2014

worst hotel i've ever been too. tons of screaming girls all day for a event and they weren't even being controlled. then when i was sitting in the lobby at night they threatened to kick me out of the hotel if i left my room. kick me out of the hotel? for walking around? okay. f u all

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 21 January 2014

It's hard to get too excited about this property. The staff certainly do a good job and keep the place very clean. It just feels sterile, which is unusual for a Westin property. The hotel must have been a Hyatt or Embassy Suites before because it has that signature 10 story atrium in the middle. There is lots of open space everywhere, including in the rooms, which can be good, but to me, it doesn't feel warm at all. My room had an adjoining room door in place and I could hear everything going on in the room next door, which made me not want to make a noise in my room.

I will likely stay here again since I stick with Starwood, but the Marriott just up the road is a much more comfortable spot if you are staying in the area.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank CLT_28211
GM-Itasca, General Manager at The Westin Chicago Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Dear oldskool66,
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay. We appreciate our loyal Starwood guests. I am glad to hear that you feel the staff do a good job and the hotel was clean. That's important to us. And, we appreciate the feedback regarding the atrium. Your comments have been shared with our management staff and we are beginning to look at ways to create a warmer ambiance throughout the hotel. Thank you for the opportunity to improve and we do hope that you will consider us for a future visit.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

staff was friendly, rooms were clean but walls thin, beds were small for doubles but we managed. There is no vending machines except a ice machine. You have to ask for a microwave and/or refrigerator in your room. Only have 15 microwaves for 100 rooms (1st come 1st serve). Pool was nice but the hot tub was not hot and it closes at 9 pm. If you want to use the exercise area it cost additional for 24 hr pass and there is no free internet in your room but you can go to lobby if you don't want to pay. There is no continental breakfast you have to pay to eat the buffet breakfast which I did not. There is no place close to eat so you have to drive to find a restaurant. It is right off the interstate For some people who like and can afford room service or don't mind paying $5 for milk or $8 for a tea then this might be the place for you. I guess you should expect when you stay at a 4 star hotel that there is not free interenet or free breakfast but amazed I had to pay to workout in the exercise room. All in all not a bad place to stay like I said rooms were clean. I went through priceline and got the room at a reasonable rate but if I had not I would probably not be happy paying full price.

Room Tip: Stayed on 11th floor so didn't hear noise from banquet rooms and view was nice.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Dear Cateyes C,
Thank you for your business and for sharing your comments. We value feedback from our guests and your review will be shared with our management staff. I did want to clarify one item about the fitness center. The Hamilton Lakes Athletic Club is located adjacent to the hotel. Our guests have complimentary use of the indoor pool at that facility and can purchase a day pass to use the full gym. However, we do have our Westin Workout Fitness Studio available on the 12th floor. This facility has state of the art equipment and is available 24 hours a day at no charge for our guests. Based on your comments, we will be reviewing our check in procedures to make sure that we are letting everyone know of this option. Thank you again for sharing your feedback and giving us the opportunity to improve.

Reviewed 16 January 2014

I stayed at the Westin back in March for business and was pleased to find it clean and well equipped with nice staff.
The entrance hall and bar area is a nice place to meet your colleagues. The steak house on site was also nice. Good choice at the breakfast buffet.

Check-in/out were straightforward and the shuttle bus to my office was very convenient if available, otherwise the hotel arranged cabs no problem.

The room was large and clean with two massive beds. Comfortable too. The water and toiletries were replensished daily - the water was especially useful.
The wifi was fine.

There was not much in walking distance but there was a little lake out back if you wanted to stretch your legs. Also a little shop onsite with essentials and gift/tourist bits.

The hotel was nice and close to the airport too.
Only downside was a dodgy cab on our way back to the airport but that is not the hotels fault! (Though they did call them for us)

We got a cab to the train station nearby and caught the train into the city which was good to see, probably about an hour but no changes.

Room Tip: If i went again I would go to the top floor
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
GM-Itasca, General Manager at The Westin Chicago Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

Dear Georgewina,
Thank you for sharing your comments about your stay with us. We know that you have a lot of choices in hotels and we value feedback from our guests to help us know what we are doing well, and what we can improve on. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I will share your comment about the taxi with our front desk staff to review. Thanks for letting us know - we want to make sure we are recommending the right taxi companies. I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back for a future visit. Please keep us in mind. Thank you!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Itasca
Hyatt Place Itasca
Hyatt Place Itasca
#1 of 5 in Itasca
Eaglewood Resort & Spa
Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Itasca
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chicago Wood Dale - Elk Grove
Holiday Inn Itasca (Woodfield Area)

Been to The Westin Chicago Northwest? Share your experiences!