“Wonderful!!”

The Westin Chicago Northwest
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Itasca
“Wonderful!!”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

We hosted our wedding ceremony and reception this past weekend and I have to say we absolutely LOVED it! Working with Samantha was the best! She responded to us right away with every inquiry however minor it may have been and led us every step of the way! We never were in for any surprises! Even on the day of our event she was there checking on us making sure everything was running on schedule and connecting with my family to see if there was ever anything that we needed. We received so many compliments on the food and the wait staff, everyone from the front desk to maintenance deserves recognition for such a wonderful job! We will be back year after year to celebrate our anniversary!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
GM-Itasca, Director of Sales at The Westin Chicago Northwest, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Thank you for your five star comments! We are pleased you and your guests enjoyed the event. We will share your comments with Samantha and the rest of the staff and we look forward to welcoming you back for your first aniversary !

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Newburgh, Indiana
Reviewed 29 March 2014

I've been staying at the Itasca Westin a couple times per year for the past few years. It used to feel very serene and somewhat luxurious. Now, dance music thumps through the cavernous building after midnight. Housekeeping is lax (skipped my room until I phoned the front desk at 4:30). No one greets you as you enter (the young valet just slouches on the counter at the front desk). At check-in, two women finished their gossipy conversation before even acknowledging me.

I wonder if management has changed over the past year. I am quite disappointed with my stay this week. No worries, there is a better SPG choice in Arlington Heights that I will stay at next time.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
GM-Itasca, Director of Sales at The Westin Chicago Northwest, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
I want to sincerely apologize for your experience during your recent stay. I know how frustrating it is when noise keeps you awake, and the service is less then welcoming. I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you about what we can do to earn another chance. Please feel free to contact me directly at 630-773-4000. Thank you.

Travellers are raving about these Itasca hotels

Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

Awful stay. First off I was here for a state conference so there were a lot of rooms booked I assume. The Wi Fi was 9.00 a day, the gym is 15.00 a day everything here costs extra, the service is less than desirable. It was late and I went to the bar and asked if they sold any snacks since the gift shop was closed and he handed me a menu. I told him I had dinner earlier just wanted some chips. He told me we got fries that's it. The problem was I asked the front desk and they sent me over there. Lastly I lost a receipt from breakfast earlier in the day and asked if they could print me out another from Shula's. They told me they couldn't because they could not find my information. I said I just need a receipt for the breakfast buffet I don't care if it's my receipt it's for work. They still couldn't. I asked so did no one have the breakfast buffet for $19.00! I'm guessing they thought I was lying, but nonetheless my wife is the food and beverage manager for one of the four seasons hotels and I called her and she said anytime a bill is closed out a receipt is available they do it all the time for people on business that loose receipts and many times it's not their actual receipts. Needless to say that really pissed me off. I have no good words and will be writing reviews on every website I can think of and hoping I never have to come back to this place!!!

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Brandon B
GM-Itasca, General Manager at The Westin Chicago Northwest, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
I want to sincerely apologize for your experience during your recent stay. I know how frustrating it can be when something as simple as getting an extra copy of a receipt is difficult. I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you about what we can do to earn another chance. Please feel free to contact me directly at 630-773-4000. Thank you.
Chicago
Reviewed 19 March 2014

We have now held our third annual Rotary Club President-Elect training at the Northwest Westin in Itasca, IL We will be back for years to come. The staff is just great, accommodating, courteous and consistent. Food is good, rooms are clean but starting to date. Furnishings and carpet need to be upgraded. Starwood bedding is wonderful. Easy to get to, free parking. The lounge is nice, food good and priced right. Shula's is expensive but the service is top shelf. The breakfast buffet is overpriced at $19.95. All in all, a great choice for our almost 550 attendees.

Room Tip: Stay away from the Interstate side. Get a view of the lakes if possible, higher floor.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
GM-Itasca, General Manager at The Westin Chicago Northwest, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Thank you for your 4 star ranking! We are pleased you enjoyed your convention. It is always great to see familiar faces return again and again. We look forward to welcoming you back in 2015
Troy, Michigan, United States
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Well, this one is as tricky situation as any I have been in.
Lets start with Hotel itself. Very nicely situated. Very good location. Staff is friendly and show professionalism. Clean through out. Comfy rooms, decent decor to rooms. NO fridge unless you ask for it depending availability. The Bar is located right smack middle of the hotel, so yes, as some guests here mentioned before me, the noise from it can be bothersome at night. Shula's is decent food. Nothing too exciting, but a bit pricey. Good workout area with nice Swimming pool, and jet pool.
Now comes the part which annoyed the heck out of me. This was mentioned by some other guests before, so it was on my mind as I went to check in. 1000 teenage girls screaming on top of their lungs in lobby, atrium, elevators, out of their rooms welcomed me. Apparently they had Vines' meet and greet going on for 2 days. Every time a member of (attention seeking) teenage group came out of their room, the girls would go nuts, as if Jesus Christ himself appeared for them.
We were tortured for 2 days and one night. Hotel folks didnt have capability to stop them. They promised a curfew at 11 on, but nothing. The loud noice went on and on for whole night. The staff kept apologizing on and on too. The parking was over full, so some guests had parked their cars anywhere they thought they can. Cops had a field day.
The reason I am mad at this hotel is, they should have never booked other guests than these teenagers for these two days. OR they should have informed us about possible teenage apocalypse.
And PLEASE stop charging guests extra 15 bucks. You are not a resort of any sort. They didnt even tell me about this charge when I checked in, or checked out. It just appeared on my credit card.
Such a pity......

Room Tip: Go as high as possible to avoid bar noise. AND do check with them before booking the hotel, whether...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank PratikA
Illinois
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I like to take weekend trips with my kids and drive by this hotel quite often. Decided to stay here and I'm so glad I did. We had an awesome room! The hotel was quiet and clean. Loved the open lobby area. Upon check in we were treated wonderfully as for check out. Used the workout room and adjacent gym pool. Both were better that I expected. Overall, I was very pleased and will definitely be coming back again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Itasca
Hyatt Place Itasca
Hyatt Place Itasca
#1 of 5 in Itasca
Eaglewood Resort & Spa
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chicago Wood Dale - Elk Grove
Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago
Holiday Inn Itasca (Woodfield Area)
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Itasca

Been to The Westin Chicago Northwest? Share your experiences!