“Stay here for Woodfield shopping.”
Review of Hyatt Place Itasca

Hyatt Place Itasca
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Itasca
Reviewed 17 November 2013

This hotel has clean, spacious rooms and a friendly staff. Wife, daughter and I always stay here when traveling towards Chicago. Great spot to stay for shopping at Woodfield mall - just 5 mins away from the mall..

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Helland33

Reviewed 29 September 2013

This is quickly becoming one of my favorite hotel chains! We first stayed in Hyatt Place in Ft. Myers, Florida last year on our family trip. This is our second Hyatt Place experience and we enjoyed this one as much as the first, if not more!

The rooms are nicely appointed and modern. The large shower is beautiful but kind of a downer because I sometimes just love a bath after a long day of traveling! The living room with larger sectional was used more when we had our kids, but it is always nice to have a place to sit down and relax. Largest TV of any hotel room we have stayed in, fridge in the room, large desk area and large dressing area make for a spacious, comfortable room. If I have any complaint it is the doors could be a little more soundproof. While we were not bothered by it at the end of the hall, if I had been given a room by the elevator, I would have asked to be moved. There is no way the people in those rooms wouldn't be annoyed by the elevators.

The breakfast at this Hyatt Place was different than the first one we stayed at. They had the Hyatt breakfast skillets which were very good. Friday's breakfast was an English muffin with ham, gouda and a slice of tomato on top. The other option was half an english muffin with egg, cheese, spinach with roma tomatoes on top. There was also oatmeal, fresh fruit, all kinds of pastries, cold cereal, bagels, toast and some of the best orange juice we have ever had! Starbucks coffee and milk,Tazo Tea and other paid for options were also available but no need to pay when the free breakfast is this good! They also accommodated special diet requests with no problems.

The staff was friendly and helpful in giving us tips to get to US Cellular Field and the local Target store. Not a bad moment in this entire trip thanks to their advice! I would stay again for sure!

Room Tip: Do not take a room by the elevators! Our room was at the end of the hallway and we did hear a littl...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Stayed with the family (wife & two kids) from Saturday to Thursday on a vacation to Chicago. With AAA discount it came to $115/night with taxes. Rooms were clean & comfortable. Mini bar area with sink, counter, fridge. Toilet & shower in separate room from sink/wash area. Some of the staff were very pleasant & helpful (some not so much...). I would highly recommend this hotel for business or family travel. We bought Citi Passes and drove into Chicago every morning around 9am, minimal traffic, parked at Navy Pier or the Museum Campus for $20 for the day. Next time we'll try taking the train into Chicago (shuttle to airport & blue line into Chicago?)

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 August 2013

My son and I stayed here, as a part of my work and his "play". We enjoyed being at this hotel. My son being able to take nice walks nearby in the nature. Our experience here is the way every hotel stay should be.

Room Tip: I think every room is about the same
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 August 2013

We made our usual journey to Chicago but decided to stay in the suburbs. This location was not too far from Downtown Chicago, and we liked the proximity to all of the areas we visited.

Our first impression was the staff. What an awesome group of people who are working the front desk. It is quality customer service that each hotel should offer. They are accommodating, friendly and extremely nice. When we arrived for check-in apparently there were several other people doing the same. One of the young ladies came to assist us with the bags because there weren't any available carts. I really appreciated this interest in making sure we were most satisfied from the moment we stepped through the front doors!

This was an excellent choice. It is a mini-suite and really fit our needs of having some space. There is a wet bar with a frig that sits across from the desk area. There wasn't a microwave in the room, which was odd. There is a sofa on the other side of the partition that divides the room for the bed and bathroom area. The large flat screen TV that appears to be centered more towards the sleeping area; however, it does move making it convenient to see from any angle.

Unfortunately, the breakfast was uneventful to say the least. The hotel provides a small area to eat and has put time into the presentation of the food. The set up looks really nice. However, the taste did not fit our preference based on our travel and the quality we've received at other hotels. The hot items were not hot and the choices were rather limited. We didn't eat the breakfast, even though it was complimentary, for the rest of our stay. I had to deduct from the rating because of this.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay and would recommend this hotel to others!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Because my company booked and is paying for my stay here, I wasn't surprised that this hotel is clearly a low budget hotel, and doesn't meet the standards I expect from the name Hyatt, but i have to give them (Hyatt) credit for how very helpful every one of hotel staff has been. Each of them is willing to go above and beyond what i expect from hotel staff. It really has made the difference in me saying i recommend this hotel, because at first i would not have. The staff alone really has muted any complaints i might have had about this hotel. Every one of them should be working at some fancy resort or wherever is the envy of people in their line of work.... Fortunately for me, they are not. I hope Hyatt appreciates them,

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Kathy H
Reviewed 18 August 2013

I w as looking for hotel in Chicago downtown but i couldn't find anyone that fit on my budget. I was looking for alternatives for some days until if found this hotel. When booking hotel I was a little hesitant as I was thinking I was paying to much for a hotel but the hotel proof me wrong. The price was right for what we received; Excellent breakfast(Comparable to a 5 STAR HOTEL), spacious and very clean room (It gave me an idea for my next bedroom, pool (Clean and tempered, made me stay and not leave the hotel for a complete day) and the most important THE STAFF( Friendly and trying to help at all times, special thanks to shuttle driver, He gave us a lot of tourism info).I forgot to mention hotel has free shuttle to O'Hare airport and train station.IF COMING BACK TO CHICAGO IN THE FUTURE I WOULD DEFINITELY STAY IN THIS HOTEL.

• Stayed: July 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Itasca
The Westin Chicago Northwest
Eaglewood Resort & Spa
Holiday Inn Itasca (Woodfield Area)
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chicago Wood Dale - Elk Grove
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Itasca
Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago Schaumburg

Been to Hyatt Place Itasca? Share your experiences!