Hyatt Place Itasca
US$183
US$165
Hotels.com
Hotels.com
Motel 6 Elk Grove Village(Elk Grove Village)
US$49
US$112
US$107
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewsyogurtsofa bedfree breakfastshort drivedowntown chicagositting areaindoor pooldonutsother hotelsroad constructionvery nice hotelgreat rateclose to the airporthotel roomstaff was very friendly and helpfulbusiness centertrain station
Reviewed 7 February 2014

We stayed here for two nights and I really can’t say too much that is positive about the place. The staff are friendly and helpful but unfortunately the negatives outweigh those two attributes. I have stayed here before three or four times in the past but the last time was about 1 year ago and things have changed since that time. One big complaint is it is very noisy and this greatly affects my new opinion on the place. It was I who suggested to our group to stay here but I really regret doing so now given the negative comments I received from my colleagues, which in fairness was well founded.

There are two restaurants opposite the hotel and these are noisy when the clients are there. BUT the real big problem arose after hours. At about 2:30 am I and it appears virtually every other guest there were woken by the tiny, grinding and rattling sound of the snow clearing guys in their noisy trucks (I mean the smaller trucks that are clearing snow as a side line). This continued right through to 6:30 am and it was impossible to sleep. I looked out at about 4:00am and it wasn’t snowing but these idiots just continued to plough and scrape their cheap inadequate ploughs on the tarmac and of course keep everyone awake. The conversation in the breakfast area quickly changed to the nights disturbance and how the snow warriors had kept everyone awake

Breakfast in the mornings are buffet style with yogurt, prepared cut fruits, cereals, and some hot biscuits served warm and these are quite adequate. The next time I will be staying at the hotels situated down the road which is only 2 miles further on.

Room Tip: avoid the front area
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Ratty1741
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We stayed here 2 years ago while travelling to the west and have returned. It is still an excellent place to stay, just outside Chicago, past the busy traffic areas. It's easily accessible from the highway. We arrived late in the evening and were given a very large suite with both living and bed areas. The shower and toilet are separate from the sink area. Everything is very upscale. The king bed was very comfortable. Linens and towels are excellent quality, as are toiletries. This hotel has the best breakfast of all hotels we have visited (ie. that include breakfast in the price). Hot, well made scrambled eggs, sausages, pancakes, a variety of fresh fruit, milk, juices, breads, etc. A most comfortable place to spend the night, and a very reasonable price. We will definitely return again.

Room Tip: We asked for a room away from elevator and ice machine. We were given a really quiet room at the end of the hall.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 December 2013

This hotel was very clean, very neat and we didn't have any problems. We got a pretty good rate via Travelocity. The description said 20 minutes from downtown Chicago, which was more like 30 without traffic. But, it's Chicago, there is traffic, so it seemed like a really long drive to and from the city. The pool was chilly and there wasn't a hot tub, which was disappointing after long days of wandering Chicago museums. The breakfast was ok, with a very crowded lobby, and it seemed like they were always out of plates and silverware. I don't have any huge complaints, we slept well, the place was clean, it was quiet at night.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 December 2013

I want to preface this review by stating that this is a very nice place with comfortable clean rooms, plenty of amenities, and a very accommodating staff, BUT, as stated in many of the other reviews, this place is LOUD. I stayed at the Hyatt Place for three nights this week (Mon-Thu) for a business meeting in Itasca. The location is right near two restaurants (one Italian and the other Mexican), and close to the highway, about 25 minutes from O'Hare. That being said, it's also in the middle of nowhere if you're on foot, although they do have an "as available and within 5 miles" shuttle that I didn't have the need to use. The room was well lit and clean, although the rug and sectional sofa looked a little age worn and are a few months short of shabby. The staff is probably the best feature of this particular Hyatt. They were welcoming, and willing to provide anything I needed. The included breakfast was very good, including fresh fruits (cut-up red grapefruit was great), cereals, yogurts, and juices as well as hot skillets with breakfast biscuit sandwiches. For the remainder of the day (24 x 7) they will provide breakfast, lunch, dinner as well as beer, wine and spirits, through their "Gallery Menu". I only used it for drinks, and on Wednesday night the bar area was actually in service as a regular bar. Again, it was a very enjoyable stay, aside from one really big issue...Noise. The biggest noise issue has to be the construction of the building. You can hear everything in the halls and quite a bit of what's going on in your neighbor's room. Within the room the biggest issue was the small refrigerator. It cycled on and off with enough volume to wake you up. I remedied that by unplugging it. The last noise complaint was due to my room location (room 515), directly across from the two elevators. Luckily I have a white noise app on my phone, and the sound of "summer crickets" coupled with the bathroom vent, kept me sufficiently asleep. One last comment regarding my room. The sink stopper in the sink outside the bathroom really needs to be adjusted. It barely drains, to the point that brushing your teeth or shaving causes it to start rising. It's a minor fix that I almost did myself, but did mention it to the staff. If anyone stays in room 515, let us know if it's fixed. :)

Room Tip: Stay away, FAR away, from the rooms near the elevators. The refrigerator in room 515 was VERY loud, and the sink stopper needs fixing so it drains better.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Tom_the_Sad_Sailor01
Reviewed 5 December 2013

I stayed here for 2 weeks and overall I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a decent hotel on decent budget.
Positives
1. Clean
2. Friendly Staff
3. Quiet Place
4. Good Location for close by in Schaumberg
5. Gym, swimming pool

Negatives
1. Same breakfast everyday
2. Had to ask for extra pillow, extra hangers and extra blanket each 6 times. Yes each 6 times.
3. No restaurant in the hotel
4. Cafe in restaurant is very bad

Room Tip: All rooms are the same.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business