“Smart Place to Stay”
Review of Hyatt Place Itasca

Hyatt Place Itasca
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Itasca
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Family and I just spent 8 nights here. Check in took about 1 minute, check out took about 30 seconds. Great location in the burbs - close to the major toll roads/freeways. Quite, clean, friendly and professional staff. Very nice breakfast in the morning. During the week, saw many business professionals and on the weekends many families. Would def. stay here again - very pleased with everything.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Kattia R, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Itasca, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear Bill,

It is always so refreshing to get comments from guests that stay more than a couple of nights, because we feel that truly gives us a good gage of our services and overall quality of our facility from the guests’ perspective. As you mentioned Mondays-Thursdays we enjoy primarily corporate travelers and on the weekends we are happy to welcome families and teams.

Our team strives to provide exemplary service and strive for 100% guest satisfaction they work hard to make sure that our guests feel welcome, and are empowered to immediately resolve any issues brought to our attention, and if they can’t they are honest in communicating with the guest and it will be followed up by one of our managers as soon as possible.

We look forward to welcoming you again!

Reviewed 8 April 2014

We stayed at the Hyatt Place Itsaka over a week end with the family and we have truly enjoyed the stay. The Queen/Queen room was good enough for a family of 4 and it was very nicely designed with exact amenities and in-room facilities.
Breakfast was served at the lobby level and the food was good and sufficient for a good start of the day.

The pool was great and we had fun with the kids.

Staff were friendly and very efficient.

Room Tip: Better to book a higher floor room as the ground and first floor are too close to the parking and co...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Tarek E
Kattia R, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Itasca, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

We appreciate the time you took to write a review about our services and facilities.

We are delighted to hear that you and your family enjoyed the stay at Hyatt Place Itasca. Usually families appreciate the variety of breakfast items, and certainly the pool.

Our team consistently strives to offer great service, and help our guests with what to do in the area, free shuttle van service to Metra if you want to explore downtown Chicago, or shuttle to Woodfield Mall.

Next time you visit the Chicagoland area we hope to be of service to you again! Thank you again for your preference!

Reviewed 17 March 2014

My girlfriend and I chose this hotel due to the fact that it was affordable, but still luxurious. Unfortunately, we were unable to utilize the breakfast or the swimming pool. However, the room was plenty big and absolutely wonderful. The few staff I spoke to were very courteous and professional. My only gripe is that our room: 616 was located right next to the elevator, so we had to deal with some noise, but it wasn't anything too bad. Housekeeping didn't visit our room, but that was most likely due to the fact that we were still using it at 2:00 pm. Overall, it was an excellent stay and I hope next time I'm in the area I am able to utilize what the hotel fully has to offer.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near the elevator due to slight noise.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Kattia R, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Itasca, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Thank you very much for your candid review, we are delighted that our services and facilities met your expectations. Indeed we offer a great value for travelers, which includes safe, clean contemporary rooms, amazing hot breakfast, complimentary WiFi and daily housekeeping.. I am sorry you did not get to use the pool or enjoy breakfast.

We do provide housekeeping service everyday, unless the guest has a "do not disturb sign" or they don't leave the room we usually try to respect guest's privacy.

We hope to see you again in the near future! Today is a wonderful day in Itasca, we are almost at 50 degrees...

Warm regards

Kattia Reyes
Director of Sales

Reviewed 3 March 2014

Due to some snow in the area we were forced to make some travel adjustments on the fly. I called ahead and booked two rooms at the Hyatt Place. Price, was very reasonable. Rooms were clean and updated. Each person I dealt with from the staff was friendly and very helpful. In the morning a very nice breakfast offering for all guests. I didn't take advantage but hotel also had a pool and workout room. Would highly recommend this hotel for anyone looking to stay in the area.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 10withamop
Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

Hyatt was great. Nicely updated, spacious rooms, wonderful, fresh, and "real" breakfast. Highly recommended. 4 star quality at 2 star prices. Checkin staff and wait staff was pleasant and very helpful. Hotel is not real close to anything, but is definitely worth staying.

Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 8 February 2014

This is a very nice place, the staff is awesome and welcoming and I thoroughly enjoyed staying here. I was on a business trip for what should have been four nights, but due to a late flight (weather related) cancellation. Hotel management was very kind and waived the room charge.

When I did make it the next day, the check-in process was smooth. Front desk called me in the room to ensure everything was alright with the accommodations. I stayed in Room 523, and it was fairly quiet. However, I do agree that you can hear conversations in the hallway and a small bit of noise from neighboring rooms. Because of the high floor, there wasn't that much hallway traffic. So, once I feel asleep, I didn't feel any disturbance at all. Housekeeping ensured the room was thoroughly clean everyday, so a clean feeling room also helped me relax.

The really clean hotel, room, bathroom, and attentive management and staff made my stay very comfortable. It was nice to come back to the hotel everyday and be greeted with a smile!

I didn't have time to enjoy the food service or breakfast here, however, I will do so as I certainly plan to stay here again for my business trips in the Chicago area. I've paid a lot more in the past for hotel rooms in the area, but this hotel is a true pleasure and a great value!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank syammurty
Reviewed 7 February 2014

We stayed here for two nights and I really can’t say too much that is positive about the place. The staff are friendly and helpful but unfortunately the negatives outweigh those two attributes. I have stayed here before three or four times in the past but the last time was about 1 year ago and things have changed since that time. One big complaint is it is very noisy and this greatly affects my new opinion on the place. It was I who suggested to our group to stay here but I really regret doing so now given the negative comments I received from my colleagues, which in fairness was well founded.

There are two restaurants opposite the hotel and these are noisy when the clients are there. BUT the real big problem arose after hours. At about 2:30 am I and it appears virtually every other guest there were woken by the tiny, grinding and rattling sound of the snow clearing guys in their noisy trucks (I mean the smaller trucks that are clearing snow as a side line). This continued right through to 6:30 am and it was impossible to sleep. I looked out at about 4:00am and it wasn’t snowing but these idiots just continued to plough and scrape their cheap inadequate ploughs on the tarmac and of course keep everyone awake. The conversation in the breakfast area quickly changed to the nights disturbance and how the snow warriors had kept everyone awake

Breakfast in the mornings are buffet style with yogurt, prepared cut fruits, cereals, and some hot biscuits served warm and these are quite adequate. The next time I will be staying at the hotels situated down the road which is only 2 miles further on.

Room Tip: avoid the front area
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Ratty1741
Also consider these accommodations in or near Itasca
The Westin Chicago Northwest
Eaglewood Resort & Spa
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Itasca
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chicago Wood Dale - Elk Grove
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Elk Grove Village/Itasca
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson...
#3 of 14 in Elk Grove Village
Holiday Inn Itasca (Woodfield Area)

Been to Hyatt Place Itasca? Share your experiences!