“Great” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Franco & Paolo Ristorante

Franco & Paolo Ristorante
Price range: US$13 - US$50
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Brunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Please be aware that Franco & Paolo Ristorante will be closed for Bank holidays and Easter Dates. Now Open 7 days a week Lunch and dinner... lunch specials Pizza and Pasta starting at £6.50 pp...Also offering A la carte lunch specials from £8.95 inc Steak,chicken Pork belly and lots more ...
Fareham, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Everything you can wish for. Great food. Amazing service. Great menu. Great price. It will be my new local haunt.

1 Thank sambpeel

“Not their problem !”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Hi everyone,
We have visited here(tonight) after buying a Groupon Voucher.
We have booked via phone and told them we bought the deal from Groupon, they replied "Not a problem !".
The food was good but when we asked for the bill, they asked for the groupon PRINT. I tried to explain I don't have to print it as you can see on my screen, it says "Show the merchant your Groupon on the mobile app"
He said, "no, you had to print it"
I offered whether I can e-mail them the deal, the response was again "No!"
"It is not my problem, you have to pay the full price for what you had!"
After I told them I am calling the Groupon customer services, they stepped back. And I e-mailed the voucher to the owner.
Needless to say our night was ruined..
What a shame after the good food..

5 Thank AyseGul1983
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Hidden gem in Locks Heath Centre”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

I first became aware of Franco & Paolos as my 79 year old Mum kept banging on about how tasty the food was. She regularly frequented the place for the great valued lunchtime specials with her Golden Girl mates.
One Saturday while visiting my Mum I suggested popping over to the restaurant to check it out. I had an arrabiatta penne dish I recall which was delicious with the perfect hint of chilli to complament the bold tomato flavours. I was well impressed and to think you got a drink as well for £5.95!
Anyway as I became a more regular diner, I tried the pizzas for a change. I was bowled over by these. On my first mouthful I called Paolo over to explain. I said hey Paolo how come this pizza is so good. Being a proud neapolitan he said well mi amico it's because the dough is home made and the tomato base is made to a recipe straight out of the street of Naples the greatest place on earth to eat a Pizza!
This was too good to be true and as much as I was loving it I couldn't finish the whole pizza just like a fellow diner from the local pharmacy, who I have seen everytime I go there ... obviously another satisfied customer. Anyway Franco boxed up what I had left as I told him I need my Pizza loving son to try it.
After several visits since my son is now an avid fan too and having just started his summer break he said when are we going to grandmas?? We will be going to the Italian restaurant won't we?!
Like finding a good hairdresser or a car mechanic who doesn't try to rip you off, finding Franco and Paolos feels like a blessing. Whenever I fancy an Italian meal I will always go there and I look forward to trying the 2 course set menu on an evening soon.
Being an avid football fan Franco also keeps me informed on all the latest gossip from St.Mary's and whether Southampton actually have a team left to start the season with following all the transfers out.
For great food, a touch of Italian culture in a friendly environment, check out Franco & Paolo's.
Ciao
David (Hedge End)

• Visited June 2014
southampton, UK
“Ask Paolo for something off the menu”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

I have reviewed and recommended this restaurant before and it continues to be our favourite local. I wanted to add new advice which is that Paolo really wants to cook you something special off the menu, especially fish. Give a few days notice if you can, but just small variations off the menu are no problem. Recently we have had "mixed fish" which is a plate of five different fish e.g. pegasus, swordfish, gambas, calamari and sardine. This will have enough on the side that you will not need a starter. We have also had a lobster with some gambas and calamari. Naturally these dishes are a little more expensive at around £21-£25 per head, but they are cooked to perfection and Paolo loves to do it for you.
Please ignore the few negative reviews which are difficult to believe; you will not be disappointed.

• Visited July 2014
Locks Heath, United Kingdom
“paolo the customer”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

My partner and i, dined here last night, and what an amazing place to eat.fantastic atmosphere, and the two owners are both very passionate and friendly.The food was totally fresh, and gave our taste buds a real treat. We would certainly recommend this ristorante to anyone. OK the prices may seem a little high compared to some others. However like anything in life. if you want quality, and fantastic service. then surely its always worth that little extra...

• Visited July 2014