“Home for the Holiday” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Jerseyville
Mississippi
“Home for the Holiday”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2008

I arrived one hour before the "official" check-in on Thanksgiving day after an 8 hour drive and was warmly greeted and quickly checked-in. This allowed me to freshen up and change before going to a Thanksgiving dinner with friends. My young daughter and I returned late that evening to find the hotel quiet even though the parking lot appeared full with other travelers. Not only was their a main lobby for gathering there was also a small sitting area on the second floor with vending machines that overlookd the main entrance. My daughter wanted to spend some time in the "lounge". Would be a great spot for teenagers to hang out when traveling with parents.
The smell of the toast greeted us as we got off the elevator the next morning. The breakfast was fine to get one started but not stuffed in the morning. Cereal, toast or bagel and chocolate donuts. I would recommend bringing your pillow from home or asking for additional ones upon checking in. My nine year old even commented on the flat pillows. The lobby was busy when I was checking out around 9 the next morning and the clerk seemed a little overwhelmed with guests at the desk and the phone ringing non stop. Maybe an additional clerk would have made my check out experience as pleasant as my check in. Overal my experience was above average and I would both recommend and stay at this hotel again

• Liked — Guest service upon check in
  • Disliked — the pillows
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled with family
      Location
      Check-in / front desk
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank hopehere
Super8Jerseyville, General Manager at Super 8 Jerseyville, responded to this review, 18 January 2013
We want to thank you for your reveiw of our hotel. I have been the Manager here since August 2011. It is my hope that you will stay with us again so we can make your check-out experience better. We have done some changes here and are continuing with upgrades. I hope you will stay with us when you are in the area. And feel free to stop in and check out the changes taking place. I hope you have a great day. Thank you again. Becky Inlow, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Collinsville, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2008

This was my 3rd time back to the Super 8 in the very small town of Jerseyville, IL

I had to attend an event near Jerseyville this weekend and returned to the Super 8. This place is great. ALWAYS CLEAN, this is and always is the cleanest hotel I have ever stayed in. It has very nice rooms and a very nice place to stay and save you from driving home in the night. They have a great breakfast in the morning, a coffee maker in the room and comfy beds.

I always stay here when I have to visit the Jerseyville area.

I will return in the future if I have to return to the area.

• Stayed March 2008, travelled on business
      Location
      Check-in / front desk
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
essage, General Manager at Super 8 Jerseyville, responded to this review, 13 May 2008
Thank you for the positive review of our hotel. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and have always had a pleasant experience with our hotel. We hope to see you again in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jerseyville
Ruebel Hotel
Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/Alton
Super 8 Alton
Super 8 Alton
#4 of 5 in Alton

Been to Super 8 Jerseyville? Share your experiences!