“Unbeleiveable Service”

Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Joliet
Houston, Texas
“Unbeleiveable Service”
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Nicest employees ever! Within 30 minutes of checking in. I was greeted by every single employee i saw. approx 5. Really helpful staff and they were truly wanting me help me enjoy my stay. If back in the area.. Im definitely staying here again. customer service..... priceless

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Sales_Manager_0, Manager at TownePlace Suites Joliet South, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Dear Calvin M,

Thank you for your PRICELESS review! Our staff is always there to help you and do anything to make your stay the best. If you come back to Joliet we would love to see you again!

Thanks,

Sales Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Michigan
Reviewed 18 October 2013

My wife and I were traveling on business and I had a certificate from Marriott that expired in a few days. So we used it at this hotel. I am a Marriott Rewards Member an have stayed at may a properties over the last 20 years.
Upon arrival we noticed a gentleman with a well-behaved pit-bull near the front desk. I was a bit surprised the hotel was pet friendly but did not have an issue until I noticed that the dog was not on a leash. The gentleman with the dog did not appear to be a guest, rather a friend of the hostess. A young girl was at another desk coloring. Is this hotel managed in the evening by a family?
We received our key and proceeded to our room. Upon entering we both notice a very strong smell, like burnt coffee. It was strong and throughout the room. Even though it was late and we were tired we returned to our hosts who found us a new room. It too had the very same smell. My wife and I were dumbfounded. How can two room in the same hotel have such a strong noxious oder? Fortunately, an additional staff member entered the room with us. She took one smell, apologized and stated that this is one of the room air fresheners they use. WOW! She stated that there may be a room where this "air freshener" was not used. After a few minutes we were in a nice clean smelling room.
So… kudos to the second staff person for helping us. Not sure what to say about the first receptionist.

Room Tip: Check you room for use of an air freshener the smells similar to burnt coffee.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
COziemkiewicz, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Joliet South, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Dear Pherdburfer,

Thank you for sharing your experience and review on Trip Advisor. I apologize that you did not have an enjoyable experience with us. As you saw, we are a pet-friendly hotel. Since we are geared toward extended stay guests, this is a great benefit to those guests who want to bring their four-legged family with them while away from home for a lengthy period of time. The man and dog that you described is an extended stay guest in our hotel. We develop wonderful friendships with guests that stay with us, and they often do visit with multiple members of our staff.

I apologize for the smell in the two rooms that you entered. We have brought your review and concern to the attention of our management and housekeeping staff.

If you would like to speak further regarding your stay, please don't hesitate to contact us. We do have a 100% satisfaction guarantee that we fully stand behind.

Thanks!

Cindy Pell
Toledo, Ohio
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I have been staying at this hotel for every holiday since they opened. My family lives in Morris, which is about 20 minutes away, but the drive is worth it. They have a clean hotel and a friendly staff. I like that they always remember me, and welcome me! I will continue staying with them.

Room Tip: I prefer the first floor
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Dear AlexL,

We appreciate your loyalty to our hotel. Our guest matter her at TownePlace Suites. See you again soon!

Reviewed 15 October 2013

Our family of 5 enjoyed a perfect 4 night stay. The facility was very clean, the kitchen supplies were all brand new. The was staff extremely pleasant, helpful and always ready to assist in any way; I even saw them cleaning the gym equipment. The breakfast was better than expected (especially the biscuits and gravy!). There was always fresh fruit in the gym and breakfast bar with coffee and tea available 24hrs. The efficiency suite was perfect for a family and the rooms were very quiet. The special touches we enjoyed were the pool toys for the kids and even swim diapers for the baby. The location was convenient for our needs and having choices of family friendly dining nearby was so convenient. We highly recommend this hotel and will certainly try other TownePlace Suites in other locations.

Green Features: I would like to have seen recycling containers and the use of paper cups/plates instead of Styrofoam.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Dear elbo1974,

What an amazing review! Thank you so much for noticing all of the little things that we do to make you comfortable here. We are truly a family friendly hotel! Please come back and stay with us again soon!

Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

It is just a TownPlace hotel. Comfortable but not fancy. And beware, their current wireless Internet has numerous shortcomings. Bring a laptop and use the wire connection. But with that said, I was traveling with iPad only and the staff did everything possible to get me connected. When that didn't work, they comped the night stay. New hardware being installed soon!!!!

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear ErnieB_Utah,

Thank you so much for your review. I appreciate your feedback on our wireless internet access. We will be getting our system upgrade by the end of the year. Thanks for staying with us and we hope to see you again with visiting Joliet.

minneapolis
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Good location, pleasent staff. complimentry breakfast was better than aveerage, lots of parking. the layout was different than I was used to and caused confusion for guests,but that was a minor thing, there is on in Golden Vally MN which is not on this list.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Dear az1706,

Thank you so much for taking time to review our hotel. Hope to see you again soon and earn that 5th star!

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Stayed for 3 nights 10/3-5 with 3 other families. Clean, spacious rooms, comfy beds, awesome pool & HOT TUB; small yet upgraded exercise room, pleasant & accommodating staff. Breakfast just right and afternoon cookies kept the kids happy. Cracker Barrel and McDonald's within walking distance - can't beat that!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Dear HGettings,

Thank you so much for taking time to review our hotel. I am so glad that you and your family had a great time! Good to see the cookies were a hit with the kids. See you next time you are in the Joliet area.