“Beyond fabulous!”

TownePlace Suites Joliet South
Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Joliet
Reviewed 18 August 2014

My husband and I just spent 6 days at the TownePlace Suites in Joliet. We were having major dental work done with a local dentist and the hotel was recommended by our dentist. The hotel was beyond fabulous in making sure that we had everything we needed to recover from our surgery. They were upbeat, cheerful and actually seemed HAPPY to be at work - a real novelty these days. They were friendly yet professional.

The room was fabulous. It didn't feel at all like a hotel room but more like a studio apartment I was renting that was fully furnished. The kitchen was well equipped which for me was a huge bonus as I had to prepare all soups and juices for the days we were there as eating solid food was out of the question. I had brought my blender but otherwise, I had everything I needed. The fridge was full-size which I also appreciated. There was plenty of storage and the room was comfortable and well laid-out.

We are back in November for more dental work and I am thrilled to be staying again at the TownePlace Suites. I now am looking at other times over the next year when similar accommodations will be needed in other cities and after this experience, TownePlace Suites will be the first place I look.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Sales_Manager_0, Manager at TownePlace Suites Joliet South, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear Jan J,
Wow! Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your recent stay at our hotel. I can't tell you enough how much we appreciate your kind words about our staff and our property! We try very hard to make each of our guests feel welcomed and comfortable, and with your special circumstances, I am so very glad that you were more than satisfied! I have to agree, our spacious suites do feel like studio apartments and that sure helps to make you feel more at home. I'm so happy that you felt our staff made you feel comfortable as well!
We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Joliet!!
Thank you again for sharing your feedback with us and other fellow travelers.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Stayed here when out power was out to let the kids have some fun after a few days of being in the dark. Pool is very nice and rooms are very clean. Lobby is also very nice along with the continental breakfast. Had a problem trying to use our free night certificate that we won at an autism benefit but after speaking with Angela she cleared everything up. Haven't spoke with a professional and courteous women like this in customer service in a very long time. This goes a long way in making sure we come back here which we defintely will. I highly recommend staying here if your looking for a stop along I-80 around Joliet.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Sales_Manager_0, Manager at TownePlace Suites Joliet South, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear sosabn,
Thank you so much for your great review! It is nice to hear that you and your kids enjoyed our hotel. Being without power at your house had to be stressful ~ I'm glad that you all were able to use our great pool to relax and have some fun :)
I'm so sorry that you experienced some difficulty when trying to redeem your certificate. I'm glad that Angela was able to assist and get everything worked out for you and your family! We pride ourselves in our great customer service, and Angela is definitely our Ambassador :)
Your kind words will be shared with her and the rest of our team.
Thank you again! We would love to see you again sometime soon!!!

Reviewed 15 July 2014

From the moment we walked through the door the staff were there to help us. They were fun to kid around with and they helped us in anyway we asked. The room was very nice and roomy and had all the amenities we needed. We utilized the lounge area and hung out with friends when we weren't doing anything else.

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side of the building are quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Sales_Manager_0, Manager at TownePlace Suites Joliet South, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Dr. Mocha,
Thank you for all your kind words! We appreciate you taking the time to share your review with us and other fellow travelers on TripAdvisor. I'm so glad to hear that you found our hotel to be spacious and clean and our staff to be helpful and fun! We aim to make each of our guest's stays memorable ones. Having lots of fun is just one of the ways that we do that here! We recently had our hotel completely renovated...I'm glad that you were all able to take advantage of our new lounge area. I have to agree with you , I think that is one of our best new places to relax and unwind :)
Thank you again for your 5 star review! We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Our family has stayed in this location for many years now since it is a central location for our family. We just came back from staying here last week. Our previous stay was when our baby was 6 months. Once we walked thru the the door all the staff remember her by her name! She turned 1 on Wednesday and when we got back to our room there was a basket for her :-). Definitely we will keep staying there.

• Stayed: May 2014
Sales_Manager_0, Manager at TownePlace Suites Joliet South, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear LDLPR,
Thanks for taking the time to write about your recent stay. We're grateful for the opportunity to provide you and your family a "home away from home" while traveling. We feel honored to be your hotel of choice and look forward to seeing many more of your daughter's milestones! :)
Thanks again! Hope to see you again soon,

Reviewed 4 June 2014

We stayed here for three days while we attended a wedding and this place was wonderful. The staff was outstanding everyone of the staff was courtious and I mean everyone including the maintance staff and the housekeepers. The front desk people greeted us everyday and were great. The rooms were very clean and well cared for as was the entire property. We travel to Joliet a couple of times a year and this will be our hotel of choice no doubt about it.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear RScott2014,
Thank you very much for staying with us! We appreciate your kind feedback. We are happy that you found our team to be friendly and helpful, and our hotel to be clean and well cared for. Our team works hard to make our hotel a great place to stay for all of our guests. Your compliments will be shared with each of our teammates.
So nice to hear that we will be your hotel of choice when traveling to Joliet!!
Thanks again for the great review! Look forward to seeing you again next time :)

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Can't ask for anything else. Feel like I am at home. Rooms have kitchens and walk in closets. AAA members get rooms for $132. Pet friendly and wonderful. Bed was perfect. Great size for 4 people and a dog. :) modern clean and lovely. Thank God for this place!!

Stayed: June 2014
Sales_Manager_0, Manager at TownePlace Suites Joliet South, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Richelle,
Thanks so much for your great review! We appreciate you offering your feedback to other fellow travelers! It is nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and found your room to be clean and modern. It's also nice to know that you appreciate that our hotel offers kitchens in each of our suites as well as being pet friendly. We absolutely love all our guests ~ especially the four legged ones! :)
The next time that you are traveling through Joliet, please make sure to come stay with us again. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 21 May 2014

The accommodations feature a large, comfortable sleeping area with the added convenience of a small kitchenette with a microwave, two burner stove, dishwasher and a full-size refrigerator. The room setup and extra space is easy to appreciate when staying 3 or more nights.

The property is well-maintained and the rooms were clean. The staff members were all friendly and very helpful. They really try to make you feel welcomed and appreciate your business.

The breakfast item selection is not that large compared to other places that offer a free AM meal. But, that should not be a deciding factor. There's at least one hot dish and various breads or pastries. And, it's easy to keep a few things in the room for something quick in the morning.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Boat-Captain
Sales_Manager_0, Manager at TownePlace Suites Joliet South, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear Boat-Captain,
All of us at the TownePlace Suites appreciate you sharing your feedback with us and other fellow travelers! We are happy that you enjoyed our clean and spacious suites and our friendly staff during your stay . We pride ourselves on outstanding service and cleanliness. I will certainly pass your compliments along to our hardworking team. Please come back and see us again soon!

Thanks again,