“conventional for a sports bar”

Heroes West Sports Grill
Ranked #7 of 250 Restaurants in Joliet
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Heroes West Sports Grill - 1530 Commerce Dr., Joliet Illinois 60431 - Located next to the Ramada - Phone (815) 725-1234
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This restaurant is clean and service is good. Atmosphere is noisy and friendly. It's a typical sports bar!

Joe P, Owner at Heroes West Sports Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

I am glad that you found us to be clean and friendly. Out joint does tend to get a little loud during sporting events. Hope to see you again soon to see if we can try to knock your socks off and get us beyond the conventional!

Cheers,

Reviewed 28 May 2014

some very close friends buried there dad and we went to heroes after funeral for a dinner with the family they had a very special menu made up with several choices for adults as well as children. The meals every one had were beautiful presentation and full of flavor, my husband had the shrimp, my daughter had the roasted half chicken with 2 sides and my grandaughter had the chicken fingers and fries I had the southwestern chicken wrap and no one left the table hungry or wanting more of anything. Then they came around with chocolate or strawberry sundae..... Never thought this would be the place to gather after a funeral but I have changed my opinion, its not just a sports bar........thank you Heroes west.........

1  Thank Cindy V

We are glad we could help to make a sad time more bearable. The entire group of family and friends at the luncheon were great folks.

Again, our deepest condolences.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Just happened to find Heroes tucked away off the main road. This was the perfect end to a busy workday with a tasty casual meal and a wide variety of cold refreshments. There's lots of variety to both meals and cold beer. For something different, try the hilltopper melt. I've never tried a sandwich made with raisin bread, but this one really tasted good.

1  Thank Boat-Captain
Joe P, Owner at Heroes West Sports Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Thanks for tring the Hilltopper melt. It is one of my favorites. happy that you also enjoyed our large variety of craft beer.

Cheers!

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Went to this restaurant twice - our first experience was so good we thought we would try it again the next night. I ordered an appetizer sampler that included several sandwich and fries combos in it on the first night. Sorry I can't remember the name of the meal. It was FANTASTIC! I also ordered a vodka tonic and the tonic was flat. They replaced it but still it wasn't very good. The second night I ordered a buffalo chicken wrap and vodka tonic. They can't mess up the vodka tonic two nights in a row, right? Well they did. The tonic was flat again. They replaced it and it was still flat. Bartender didn't seemed to worried about it. I returned the second drink and asked for a credit on my bill. The buffalo chicken wrap was okay. Nothing special. Get the sampler platter that has the shredded pork fries on it - you won't regret it but pass on the vodka tonic!

Joe P, Owner at Heroes West Sports Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Sorry we were flat on our tonic. I will be sure to check in on it today. We hope to see you again some time. Please ask for me so that i can say hello and thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Heroes is a Joliet staple. Excellent bar food...I recommend the Buffalo Chicken Sandwich. Also, order some waffle fries with a side of their homemade ranch dressing to dip in. You're welcome. All the sandwiches and burgers are very good, ditto appetizers. Folks I've eaten with have raved about the ribs and fish entrees. Pizza is not the best in the Chicago area, but it's a sports bar, not a pizza place.
That said, great atmosphere for watching a game...flat screens everywhere, and small audio receivers are available if you want to watch a game that is different from the sport on the main bar audio. Live music weekend nights, mostly classic rock cover bands. Not a young drunkards bar at all, very family friendly crowd.
Recently, Heroes upped their craft beer game, and are constantly rotating new beers in.
Small section of video gaming in the corner, if you like.
Friendly staff: more than once the owner has made the rounds in the dining room, taking time to really listen to his customers, and learn what they like and don't. Oh, and say hello to Pete at the bar...he's the best.
In short, if you want great bar food, good beer, in a cool place, stop in at Heroes.

Joe P, Owner at Heroes West Sports Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2014

Dear Blackhawk Jimmy

#1: I Hope you were at our Joint last night, it was truly a'rockin. (thanks Captain Serious)

#2: Best review ever. You covered everything. It is great to hear that the things we work on our to your satisfaction. Thanks for the kind words.

#3: Go Hawks.