“Back Again”

Harrah's Joliet
Ranked #4 of 24 Hotels in Joliet
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 10 April 2014

My wife and I were able to visit yet again. On our previous visit we had some issues with the "premium room". That was handled back then so no need to go over that again. This time we were not able to get a "premium room", maybe we were being punished for that, so we had to take the standard room. We were very happy, in fact it was better then the room we had previously. New flat screen, newer if not new furniture and very clean. Did I say, Very Clean.
We were told they were upgrading and they did, Thank You Harrahs.

Also eat at Flavors, this was our 1st time as the reviews back a while were not too good. They recently upgraded this too. They did a good job, lots of choices and very friendly staff. Of course we eat too much that we didnt get to sample too many deserts. The ones we did were very good. Only issue was the ice cream, very small portions as they serve it, but in the long run all u have to do is come back or ask for more the 1st time. Maybe they could let u serve yourself?

Casino - putting in new carpeting so really a mess this time. Noisey, lack of favority slots and no pay outs of any kind. Got to pay for those upgrades someway. Slots were VERY tight is all we can say. The day we were leaving they were bringing our favorite slots out of storage.

Had great time and hope to return soon.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Sean M, Guest Relations Manager at Harrah's Joliet, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Thanks for your feedback! After having some issues on your previous visit we were glad you gave us another chance. It's nice to see that our guests are noticing the upgrades we are making around our property! Come back soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,149)

Reviewed 26 March 2014

stayed monday and tuesday check was quick and painless room was large and clean nice view of draw bridge bathroom large big tub staff friendly and helpful great stay but starting to show its age free hotel valet

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 March 2014

This hotel provides easy access to entertainment onsite and for other venues. We went to see a late night comedy show at the Rialto Square Theatre and it was perfect. The gambling entertainment on site is easy access from the hotel accommodations. Room was spacious with the most unusual size square small pillows for the bed. They were hard to find the right one to be comfortable. The bed was comfortable but the pillows were a slight issue. Easy check in and check out and no other complaints about the accommodations.

Room Tip: We were away from the elevator and the even number floors face the river. We were able to see two b...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Sean M, Public Relations Manager at Harrah's Joliet, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I just wanted to follow up with you and let you know we just got new pillows!

Reviewed 15 March 2014

I stay in this hotel every year attending a conference there. This year was worst. Checking in they could not get my credit card to work for incidentals. Had to use another. Called credit card company and was told was a problem at the hotel because it never even made it to the company. Incoming business caller said he had to try for 15 minutes to get someone to answer phone. I tried to call room service and got same result. Finally got through to be cut off. Finally finally got my order placed and ordered iced tea with meal. Sorry sir, no beverages with order. WHAT? Drinks are free on casino floor. I'm not in the casino, hence the term ROOM SERVICE. Sorry sir. I think they sell bottled tea in the lobby. I'm not in the LOBBY hence the term ROOM SERVICE. Sorry sir. You still want the food? ATM fee was over $6. USA Today which is FREE in every other hotel in the universe was $2 there. On the up side both parking and internet were free. SHHHHhh... don't tell them or there will be a fee for them next trip! Next morning not one restaurant open for breakfast except Starbucks.

Checking out I asked when checkout was. 11AM sir. I took my bags to car and went to conference but DID NOT check out, planning to return to the room later for, well, you know. 10:45 entered my room to find it totally cleaned. Went ahead and did what I went there to do. Went to desk to check out and pay for incidentals to keep charge off the other card. Sorry sir, you already checked out. NOOOO... I have not. Yes, you did. Noooo. Did you check out on the TV? Noooooo. And I need to pay for the incidentals rather than charge them. Sorry sir, its already been charged.

Sadly will have to stay there again next year if I want to attend the same conference. Will take food with me to avoid room service. Don't stay here unless, like me, you have no choice.

Room Tip: Rooms are large but furnishings are worn. My ottoman was threadbare.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Sean M, Guest Relations Manager at Harrah's Joliet, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Harrah’s Joliet Casino & Hotel. I would like to extend a personal apology, as I am very disappointed in the service that was provided to you as your review indicated. It is unfortunate that you were left with the unfavorable impression of the hotel as your review indicated. During your stay, we were upgrading our phone system to better serve you in the future. We experienced some challenges during this transition, but fortunately we were able to get everything back online. Our apologies for the confusion on your departure, the room was found completely vacant upon your departure. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

We did not know about this casino and found it while looking for an overnight stop in the Joliet area. Located downtown Joliet but still easy to get to. Large parking garage with complimentary parking for hotel guests. Our room was $75 (before taxes, etc.) and WELL worth it. Room was very spacious (surprisingly so), hotel was VERY clean throughout, staff was extremely gracious and helpful. Of course we enjoyed our time at the casino! Nothing for kids to do as far as we could tell from our short visit. The security was very heavy/tight and we like that and would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Linda B
Sean M, Public Relations Manager at Harrah's Joliet, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Thanks Linda! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! We can't wait to have you back!

Reviewed 16 February 2014

At midnight when my husband and I were trying to sleep, a raucous crowd entered the room next door to us. The walls were so thin, it was like they were in our room. After calling the front desk to complain about them twice, a courtesy call was finally made to the group, but they kept right on behaving badly. My husband and I promptly left the hotel, and we were sarcastically told "Have a nice night!" by the front desk clerk after we checked out. The next day I called the hotel and spoke with the supervisor on duty. He kept me on the phone for twenty minutes trying to convince me that the hotel staff had done their job. When I asked him why we weren't offered a different room, I got the "we were at full capacity" excuse. He did not apologize for the inconvenience or offer a discount on our bill. When I asked to speak to someone above him, I was told that his manager would call me in three days. When I asked him if he would stay in our room overnight to see if he could sleep, he became angry and hung up on me. My credit card was charged for the full price of the room on 2/15/14; it's nice that the billing department works so efficiently but that the supervisors are uncaring and are no where to be found when you have issues. Also, it is worth noting that the staff now takes your photo without asking your permission before you enter the casino. The hotel smells pretty bad and it's a rather scummy place overall. Stay here at your own risk, and don't expect the supervisory staff to help you if you encounter any problems during your stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JenRey78
Sean M, Public Relations Manager at Harrah's Joliet, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Hi Jen, I am sorry about the bad experience you had while staying with us. We never like to see a guest leave unhappy. By now I hope you have had a chance to talk to our Hotel Manager, Carlos. He would love the opportunity to discuss your visit with you if you haven't already. Thank you.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

We had a very large room with sitting area and view of the river. The bed was comfortable, the room was quiet, and I wouldn't have known I was in a casino building til we went downstairs. It was a bit tricky getting to it from the direction we were coming from since the closest bridge was closed, but we eventually found it. The casino is...well...a pretty standard casino.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple