“A great place for a weekend getaway!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Harrah's Joliet

Harrah's Joliet
Ranked #4 of 22 Hotels in Joliet
GreenLeadersBronze level
Monticello, Illinois
“A great place for a weekend getaway!”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

The front desk staff is very friendly and helpful, in the times I've been there for check-in, the line moves along swiftly.

Ruben one of the top notch Host’s on the property and is always just around the corner ready to take care of your every need! I am very impressed with his willingness to make the customer feel pampered.

The Sheer Bar in the casino center is a great place to grab drinks with some friends, or checking on the score on the game! The drinks here are delicious. Super chill environment. Great place for meeting up with a few friends for some drinks for a break in the Casino action. And some pretty good appetizers available from the Reserve next door. I recommend the oysters Rockefeller! Be sure to say hi to Broche at the Bar she will take care of your thirst needs!

Also right in the middle of the Casino is the Diamond Lounge which has a great view of the water, good bar and very good complementary buffet meals for those Diamond Members and their guests.

Kevin the Food Operations Manager does a fantastic job at always taking care of the customer! He goes out of his way to make the customer’s experience a great one, and is willing to even go out and get something if they don’t have it onsite.

Honestly, this has to be one of my favorite casinos in Illinois. It's very spacious; plenty of table games and slot machines, and the atmosphere is among the best in Illinois if you ask me. Dealers, cocktail servers and pit bosses are also very friendly and will strike up conversation with you very easily. You can also find $5 tables almost any time of the day, everyday of the year.

The hotel rooms’ onsite are well appointed spacious and always clean by the friendly maid staff including Lupe who kept my room spotless. They are large, laid out well, updated and include free wi-fi. Also some rooms come with nice view of river and or downtown. The only opportunities would be to add a personal room safe, swimming pool and a hot tub. These are the missing caveats that would make this place perfect.

Green Features: Do a great job being green Green practices Energy-efficient lightbulbs Waste is composted Organic/local food & beverages Energy-saving lighting controls Linen reuse program Water-efficient bathroom fixtures
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (366)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed at. Harrah's for a wedding. Although the room was large, the furniture and bedding needed to be updated. It took about 30 minutes to check in once we started working with the front desk. One of our two rooms was not ready for early checking even though we were assured it would be ready. Not good news when traveling with children. The staff was friendly and tried to be helpful.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Patty M
Sean M, Manager at Harrah's Joliet, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Thanks for your feedback, Patty. I'm sorry to hear that your room wasn't ready. I can see your frustration. We will look into the matter to see why your room wasn't ready so we can improve our procedures and do our best to make sure something like this doesn't happen again. I am also glad to hear the staff was friendly and helpful. Thanks again for letting us know about your stay.
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 22 June 2014

If you are a gambler this is not the hotel for you. They do not know how to treat players. The staff is not courteous. There is people sleeping in the sofas in the lobby from 6-8 am since the casino is closed. The water that comes out of the shower is milky white. The beds are horrible. The buffet for breakfast is decent for dinner is atrocious. The steakhouse Reserve is also decent. All in all this is my worst experience traveling and I have never written a review but this stay was so bad. I won money so I want the harrahs people that read this to understand I'm not mad that I lost I won and I travel all over to casinos. You need much work. I am including my player card # so the harrahs people that read this know it is a factual review. WORST STAY EVER. player #13102179606

• Stayed June 2014
4 Thank Art305
Sean M, Manager at Harrah's Joliet, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. I will also have someone call you personally to discuss your stay with us. We will be in touch and thank you again.
Florida
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Drove into Harrah's Joliet from Chicago without any issues. The hotel was easy to locate, and parking complimentary, plentiful, and safe. It's a quick and easy walk, (all covered) from the garage to the front desk. Check in was prompt as was checking out. From my first contact with the front desk clerk, to my last, everyone employed there was friendly, and made me feel welcome.

The room was very comfortable, spacious, and clean.The TV was flat screen. Nothing in the room was "tired" or worn. Traveler photos of this property on TA are mostly outdated; the pro photos are on the mark.

Gaming was busy but not crowded. Table minimums were mostly $5 and $10. Dealers were friendly and personable. Players at the craps table were mostly local, but not click-ish. I knew them by name in a short time, and had a nice time at a fun table with good people.

Total Rewards Comps were a pittance but I don't play for comps. For example, I played a total of about 7 hours and received $1 in "rewards". My room was comped, and I am satisfied with that, as well as leaving with a small profit.

I ate at Ace's Diner, which was casual and quick. The food was surprisingly good and not pre made. Service again, was very good. Soft drinks are comp to all.

I enjoyed my time there, and would recommend it for a short, fun stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Zoke2
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Stayed here in May and was not disappointed with the room. The room was huge as was the bathroom. Everything was clean and in good working order. Elevators were very fast and the hotel it self was easy to get around in. The front desk was friendly and helpful. The casino is under repair in certain areas till the end of June which limits you to the number of machines available during prime-time.

Green Features: I was there only one night but it seems that the hotel practices Eco-friendly ways because none of our faucets in the bathroom leaked nor did I notice any in the public restrooms. Low wattage lighting was used in proper areas.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Sean M, Manager at Harrah's Joliet, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Thanks for the review! Glad you enjoyed your stay with us and especially how you noticed we are trying to do our part in helping the environment!
Youngstown, Ohio
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Very close to metrarail. Easy ride into the city. Clean, updated rooms. Friendly, helpful staff. Excellent breakfast buffet. Small casino, but ample tables & slots. Free valet parking was great. Great food selection!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Harrah's Joliet went above and beyond what I was expecting and what I had been told by friends beforehand: that it's run-down, loud, etc. etc.

It was not ANY of those things. The room was extremely updated and HUGE. The bed was extremely comfortable. Everything had been redone in granite. Did not appear to be "worn" or "tired" in any way, shape, or form. I would suggest going on a week day when you can - With my TR card, I got a rate of $70 on Thursday night. If I had chosen to stay on Friday or Saturday night, it would have jumped up to $285. Staff, all around the casino, was incredibly nice and courteous. Again, I was shocked. Not expecting this at all!

The casino itself is very small, but also very nice. The slot machines had good payouts and the drinks are reasonably priced. The buffet is very small and lacks options (like probably 1/4 the size of the HorseShoe Hammond's) but the staff was very nice nonetheless.

In terms of the casino itself, I prefer the Horseshoe Hammond because it is larger and much more opulent. However, the staff here is top notch. Also, since it's in Illinois, smoking is not allowed in the casino. My boyfriend can't stand the smell of smoke, so this is the best option for him and my other friends/family who do not like or stand the smell of smoke.

They don't really get the big performers like the Horseshoe Hammond, but nonetheless I really like it here.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family