“A Solid Choice”

Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Joliet
Elkhorn, Wisconsin
“A Solid Choice”
Reviewed 31 May 2013

If you get to the casino and start drinking play it safe and stay at the hotel. They offer incentives like brunch, dinner, discounts and also free breakfast. Nothing overly fancy but the beds are comfortable and rooms in good shape.

Room Tip: Get a suite-Upper floor
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank John M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Orland Park
Reviewed 31 July 2012

I'm not a sore loser and I don't go to the casino expecting to win, but I do expect to be somewhat entertained. At Hollywood Joliet, bring a pocketful of cash and if you are lucky, maybe it will last you 30 minutes. Time after time I put a $20 into a machine and got absolutely nothing in return. That's not fun, thats not entertainment, but that is Holllywood Joliet. Walk around the casino and you see no one winning anything. If they do happen to have a few hundred dollars in credits, they are more than likely playing the max.

But as I say, we have only ourselves to blame as we keep going back thinking things will be different, when in fact the casino only gets greedier. Things are tough all over, but at least give someone a little bit of excitement when they are playing. The machines are tighter than a drum and it's not even fun to play, just aggravating. I've spent my last bankroll at this place.

Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank niedme915
Illinois
Reviewed 11 July 2012

Took a little trip to Joliet with my in-laws and we had a great time. We had a nice room on the first floor and everything was very clean. Everyone at the front desk was exceptionally nice and while they do not have a hot breakfast, they do offer a nice selection of danish, cereal and the likes. If you do not want to take the walk over to the casino they have some shuttle vans to drive you over there which I think is a nice touch. We ate at the Hollywood Stadium sports bar the first night and we were very pleased with the food. The Epic Buffet is mediocre but what buffet isn't? I would skip the deli though because their breakfast sandwiches consist of microwaved jimmy dean's right out of the package for 5 bucks. I do have to say that the Casino Host Aaron was one of the best I have met. He made sure our visit to Hollywood Casino was perfect!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank AshleyDrepar
Luxemburg, Wisconsin
Reviewed 3 July 2012

We recently stayed at the Hollywood Hotel across from the casino. The hotel was descent....fair for the price. Their staff was so helpful with tips for the area attractions. There was one housekeeper, Melissa, that was SO nice! She went out of her way, above and beyond, to tend to our needs. And she wasn't even asked too! There is nothing greater than feeling at home when your not and she made it so comfortable and welcoming...Thank you Melissa!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family