“Ugh, stay away”

Diamand's
Ranked #87 of 247 Restaurants in Joliet
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Ugh, stay away”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2013

This was supposed to be quality family dining. However, it was really rather sad. Vegetarian options were sorely lacking. Bread was served wrapped plastic bags. My grilled cheese and fries could not have been any sadder.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank TomJr

Joliet, Illinois
“It was great, has gone downhill”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2012

We eat at this restaurant every Sunday after church. We've loved it for the past 2 years. They always had nice servers, great cream of chicken soup, and good prices. Until recently. The past 3 times we went there, we encountered issues. After what happened yesterday, on Aug. 26, 2012, we will never go back ever again. We understand that in a busy restaurant, there will sometimes be problems, and that's just how it is. In the past few weeks, there were little problems like slow service, long lines, cold food, etc., that were not a big deal. Yesterday we went in and were seated immediately, which was good. But then we sat there for at least 15 minutes jsut trying to get the waitresses attention so we could put our order in. She was taking her sweet time chatting with the other 4 tables she had at that time. Finally she came to us with a very "I don't want to be here" attitude and took the order. We received the food, which was great, except that suddenly my husband stopped eating and showed me that there were THREE distinct human hairs mixed into his pork tenderloin and mashed potatoes. He told the waitress and she offered to replace it with a new one, and took it off our bill. But by then, he was so grossed out he refused to eat anything else from there. So we all left. Also, their prices have gone up very significantly. It was $10.25 for a french dip sandwich that was only $7.99 the week before. Bottom line is this: after a long wait and bad service, to recieve hair-filled, overpriced food is where we draw the line. Goodbye Diamonds!

• Visited August 2012
3 Thank redrum1978
“Unimpressed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2012

I ordered a chicken dinner there and it was presented to me undercooked. Having sent it back you would think they would remake the plate yet it was thrown in a microwave. Waiter wasn't much help and the atmosphere was bland. Won't ever be back

3 Thank Nysrok982
Gassville, Arkansas
“Excellent for Family”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

This is one of the most popular restaurants in the area and it is easy to understand why. They have over a dozen daily specials that are complete meals (soup, salad, entree, dessert, and beverage) for $10.00. I have had the steak, chicken kiev, pork chops, and tilapia. All were excellent, served nicely, and too much to finish (needed doggie bags).

Visited December 2011
2 Thank ImpalaTommy
Crest Hill, Illinois
“terrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2011

My Wife and I went there for breakfast on her Birthday and I ordered the number(1) 2 french toast 4 bacon and two eggs. I asked if I could have two sausage and two bacon and the waitress said (no we do not do that). I said "well ask them if they will and tell them if they don't we will leave). She came back and said we could leave! The nerve of this restaurant to have the Audacity to treat my wife and I like this is absolutely intolerable. I never will go back. Oh by the way I am a older honer role student at Joliet Junior College in the Culinary arts program and I will tell this story until I am BLUE IN THE FACE.

• Visited September 2011