All reviews waffles patties nice hotel room was clean off the highway the breakfast area indoor pool other hotels would definitely stay here again lobby ohio cereal registration internet motel
Reviewed 20 November 2017

Those of you who watch Food Network know the chef with No Reservations. Usually I plan out a route and make lodging reservations way in advance but on this trip I didn't know for sure how long it would take to get across Chicago so travelled like Bourdain and just drove unitl I got tired and found a familiar chain right off the highway. Probably a good thing I didn't read the other reviews first or I might have kept on driving because it sems like the place has gone through a rough patch lately, although some of the hostility (at least from west bound drivers) may stem at least partly from trafffic issues. Front desk woman was cheerful, helpful, and sympathetic on our visit. Two issues came up during registration and she handled them both. First, while I was filling out the form for the last two queen room for three people (me, wife, autistic son) someone booked it online. She asked if a king room with a sleeping sofa would be okay, and it was. Also, the last Comfort Inn I stayed at apparently entered my phone number wrong when they ran my rewards card, so that had to be corrected. When I went up to the room, I noticed that unlike most other places the breakfast area was not in or near the lobby but halfway down the first floor hall. I would recommend not getting a room on the first floor because you will have noise from that or the pool at the other end of the hall. We heard plenty of commotion from the pool even though we were on the second floor because there is an open staircase and the noise really carries. Slept really well on very comfortable bed once pool closed for the night. Room was clean and smoke free or we would have changed as all three of us have asthma and absolutely cannot tolerate smoke. Breakfast included sausage patties and cheese omelets in addition to waffles and all the basics. Nice to see gluten free options. The only thing that bothered me was one couple brought their little yap dog to their table. This was just a pet, not an emotional, sugar, sight, sound, or any other kind of service animal before you demand I delete this post. Unless I'm wrong, health department regulations do not allow dogs in food service areas- with the exception of service animals. There are several fast food outlets around the hotel and a sports bar less than a one block drive or walk. I would stay again but this time I would call ahead and make a reservation to be sure to get a room.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

The room we stayed in was 1 king. Very large room and very clean. No issues whatsoever. It's outside of the city so not a lot close to it. Easy check in, were flexible with us about late check out. Would recommend.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

They booked us wrong type of room, then new room air conditioner was EXTREMELY noisy! (You could hear it from 3 rooms down in the hall)....had to leave for dinner, and when we came back front desk said manager fixed it instead of us moving rooms. Was NOT fixed, and room now smelled of alcohol REALLY bad. Went to change rooms, we had to move all our stuff out and bring it back downstairs to give her the key first, THEN and only then would we get a key for a new room. This is now 4 trips to the front desk for something that was not my fault!! In the meantime, I noticed the noisy rooms bathroom.....it was disgusting. Spots on the floors, dirt, and I mean DIRT in the corners of the shower, among other things. Loaded our stuff and headed out. Front desk worker said only manager can refund money (it hadn't even been charged yet....we were only at dinner 2 hours).....now a week later, after I have called to talk to manager TWICE EACH DAY, he/she has not called me back and is mysteriously never in the hotel. I managed hotels for 20+ years, and if any of my staff had done the work as poorly as they did, and treated a guest as rudely they did, they would've been fired on the spot. Bad bad bad Comfort Inn. Wouldn't make my dog stay there.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 September 2017

My father had a medical emergency the day before check-in. Called to cancel but they told me that the cancellation policy was 72 hours. They would not refund my money and charged us for the room, even though my father was in the ICU. I even called customer service and they would do nothing. What a great company!!!!!!! They really care about people.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 September 2017

Rude & belligerent staff that literally told me they "Don't Care" and they Bait & Switch on rates. Kim said she'd honor a rate we stayed at previously and when I received confirmation it was significantly higher. Called to adjust rate to agreed upon amount and was told she doesn't care.

Room Tip: Double check your confirmations & receipts if they'll send them to you. They Bait & Switch rates.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business