“Worth It”
Review of Comfort Inn North

Comfort Inn North
Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Joliet
Reviewed 24 August 2013

I was really very worried because of the reviews, but the other hotels in the area were booked. There are still renovations going on downstairs in the lobby and hall area, but our room was fully renovated and very nice. The bed was new and comfortable and the bathroom clean. We did not hear any construction noise from room 207. The breakfast area was also clean and their was a nice selection.
There was one terrible thing! The water went out while taking my shower and stayed out the rest of the morning. So no one else could shower, brush teeth, etc. But they told us that the city cut the water while working on the main line. If that was true then it was not their fault. The hotel room was only $70, so it was worth it.

Room Tip: Second floor seemed to be completly renovated.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn North

Reviewed 11 July 2013

According to Motel/Hotel discount books, this place advertised “renovation complete”. Not So. Because of a race in town, we were charged $160. Had we not been on a 4000 mile trip and having drove all day, we would not have stayed here. Once we checked-in and headed for the room we couldn’t believe our eyes. It looked like we were headed into a war zone. Ceiling tiles missing with electrical wires hanging down, hallway carpet covered in chips of drywall and dust, entry to the room was uncarpeted and down to the concrete. The room next to ours was being renovated as well as the one across the hall from us. Pictures attached. The smell of drywall and dust was unbelievable. When we opened the door to the room, it was a relief to find that it had been remodeled but the smell of drywall was so bad that we had to roll up the bath towels and place them at the bottom of the door. Bath room was renovated complete with a hair dryer mounted to the wall, cord dangling down and no place to plug it in. The only plug in the bath room was covered by a large wall mirror. They did have new beds. The closet was completely empty. No hangers, no laundry bag. Found two large spiders in the room. People walking on the 2nd floor caused the walls to shake and the sound of footsteps were loud. At 8 PM the TV stopped working. The Kleenex box contained 2 Kleenex. Never did see a desk clerk after checking in nor when leaving the next morning. We were glad to get out of there as our sinus were effected from all the plaster dust. The entire episode was totally outrageous. I wouldn’t stay here again under any circumstances.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank james s
Reviewed 23 January 2013 via mobile

I gave them another try, boy I was a fool! The place was a disaster. I understand that the hotel was having renovation going on but that's no reason for he common areas to be filthy. Also, why would you put a customer (me) right under another room that's getting worked on????? Bright and early in the morning, I'm forced to wake up because there's nothing but banging going on. I would rather sleep in my vehicle next time than allow this location the chance to profit from my patronage.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Based on the reviews that I read from Trip Advisor I was really hoping that this was a diamond in the rough and it was going to be a good experience. It wasn't! I was greeted by "Stony" the customer service associate when I came to check in after waiting 5 minutes with "What's Up?" I even said back to him - Really? What's Up? I could not believe it. Living downstate from our families we travel back and forth quite a bit and this was the very first time that I was ever greeted at a hotel like this.

My daughter's 7th birthday party was at the Chuck E. Cheese down the block so we wanted to stay close by. After I read the reviews of all 3 hotels nearest to the party I felt that Comfort Inn was the best place to be. Honestly - if this is the best place, next time I will drive a little while and find somewhere else to stay.

The price was ok but still comparable with the other rooms in the area. The room was good size and there was a table with 2 chairs and little fridge. When I first entered the room there was a musty smell but it was taken care of quickly. The real issues that ruined our stay were the 2 bugs that we had to kill on one of the beds and a blood stained sheet (one the same bug bed) that did it for us. Me, my husband, and 2 kids slept together on the other bed because none of us wanted to be near the first one. After that - who can sleep well wondering what else if lurking around.

The "business center" in the hotel was really just a roll away computer cart with a printer but I found that the wifi was slow and was not able to get on the sites I needed to - not someone's fault about slow internet of course but I was in a hurry to do something before the party and it was frustrating.

The pool area was nice - but the deck was very, very slippery and we did have a couple of falls. It is hard to keep kids from running around a pool. My only complaint about the pool area was that there was no bathroom anywhere on the first floor and the kids had to keep running to the elevator and the halls to go to the bathroom and come back. It would be a good idea for a bathroom somewhere - if not just in the pool area if you wanted to prevent any accidents from happening.

The breakfast in the morning was OK but the area was again very small and it was crowded due to a baseball tournament that was going on that weekend. It might not have been what I wanted to eat for breakfast but there was plenty of it. Hot biscuits and gravy and eggs / waffles / an assortment of cold cereals / donuts and muffins.

Our overall stay was tainted a bit by the front desk person with the "What's Up" / the initial smell of the room / the 2 dead bugs and blood stain on the sheet / and honestly the poor night's sleep that we got as a result of the bug/sheet issue. Could those items have changed my opinion - maybe but this was really not the 3-4 rating that I was expecting so I felt at the end that we paid way too much for too little. I would not come back to this hotel again and I really can't recommend it to anyone else.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else if you can
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2012

I've been staying at the Comfort Inn North, on and off the past month when my boyfriend, who hauls cars, has been in town. Since I am in the Hotel Industry I tend to be a little nit-picky, I was pleasently surprised to find this Comfort Inn to be a great place to have a weekend through travel or just a night! The rooms are clean and the bedding/ decor is pretty and updated!. We normally stay in a suite and its perfect, just enough space for us and room if we want to do our own thing! It conveniently located right across from the mall so food is plentiful and shopping is always good! I don't normally go for hotel breakfast either but the Cinnamon Waffle batter is amazing!!! I could eat 3! The pool was also nice, we went in late and had a nice swim and de-stress in the hot tub! Front Desk staff is always sweet and helpful, the Assistant Manager (I think) is great! I always see her around and she is pleasent with every guest in my opinion! Not very good for semi-truck parking but great if your looking for value and clean comfort!

Room Tip: Cinnamon Waffles and Suites!!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 July 2012

To drive up on the place, there's nothing to it. I couldn't help looking at the holiday in express right next to it and wonder if I had made a mistake.Don't get me wrong. Its not dirty looking or seedy or anything like that. I paid $100.69 bucks and the room was very clean, our beds were super comfy. Loved the pillows. I need some of these for my bed at home. The overall appearance of the inside of the hotel was nice and clean. Staff was super friendly and accommedating. They were all wanting to please. Especially the young girl who checked us in. She wanted to make sure our room was perfect. And then the girl who was taking care of breakfast in the morning. She was just hanging around to make sure all the guests had everything that we needed. Super eager to please.In my experience with hotels that provide breakfast you better get up early, because the good stuff is gone quick and they don't replenish. Now a bit about the breakfast. The coffee was very good they had different types of creamer for it too. The breakfast was buffet style, it had sausage, eggs, bagels, english muffins, several types of cereal, juice , yogurt, fresh fruit and even waffles that you make yourself in one of those cool flip waffle irons. This hotel also had an inside pool and hot tub. Both very clean. A really cool part was that the pool was open til midnight. I'd recommend this place to anyone and if I'm in the Joliet area again, I already know were we will stay.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 206. Don't really have any tips. The place was really nice, I think that if y...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 April 2012

First off I got a great deal on the room so I wasn't sure exactly what to expect, you know the old you get what you pay for... But from the moment I walked in the door I was impressed with this hotel.

The lady at the front desk couldn't have been nicer, and was even able to switch me to a double room when my reservation came in for a single. She was personable and very helpful. There was also very good hot coffee available in the lobby and it was late afternoon.

The room was excellant. Seemed like it was recently remodeled even. VERY clean and large. The decor was very nice as well. The beds were super comfortable. They reminded me almost of the beds at some of the high end hotels I have stayed at.

My daughter and I came mainly for the pool, and it too was great. There was also a large hot tub that was very comfortable. My daughter spent many hours in the pool during our stay and she loved it. There were always plenty of pool towels as well.

Now on to breakfast. Free HOT breakfast for what I paid was NOT expected. They had both regular and blueberry waffles, and eggs and sausage one day, and eggs and biscuits and gravy the next! I'm a huge b&g fan and they were actually very good! They also had the standard cereal, baked goods, and juices. There was a lady on staff who always made sure everything was stocked and was also very personable.

The location of the hotel is also very convenient. Right across from the mall and any shopping/dining you would ever need. And my daughter noticed Chuck-e-cheese out the window as well so we had to go there for dinner one night!

Overall I was very very impressed with this hotel and I will definitely be staying there again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank nateo44
Paul H, General Manager at Comfort Inn North, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2012

Thank you Nate for your great response! We are proud that we can offer you great service at an affordable price. I'm very glad that your family got to enjoy our great amenities, including the pool and hot tub and our free hot breakfast. I will tell my staff about your response and they will all be very pleased! Feel free to come back to the Comfort Inn North anytime!