“6th time to stay”

Ranked #18 of 23 Hotels in Joliet
Webster City, Iowa
“6th time to stay”
Reviewed 23 October 2012

Always a great place to stay. The staff is wonderful!!! This is the first time we ate at the hotel and the food was very good. Breakfast was very good. I can't wait for next year to go back. The staff told us a couple of new restraunts to try that were wonderful, and the taxi service they called was great. 2 of the best taxi drivers I have ever had.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Rockford, Illinois
Reviewed 23 October 2012 via mobile

1 of the nicest hotels ever stayed at.
the staff is exceptionally friendly and the hotel is very clean and very comfortable right down to the beds and pillows.
we have been staying here 2 to 4 nights a week with my company getting 3 to 4 rooms per week and if we have any problems with a room, the front desk has no problem getting us in another room ASAP.

• Stayed October 2012
Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States
Reviewed 10 September 2012

I stayed here for ten days on business. The in-house restaurant has a simple but nice breakfast menu (the garden omelet is tasty and not too heavy), lunch and dinner have a little variety and are pretty well done. the rooms were clean, comfortable and well-maintained. Internet was a little slow, but that probably varies a good b it with room location. It's a minor irritation to have to log in every 24 hours using a password that changes weekly. Staff was friendly and helpful. The housekeeping was limited -- made up the bed, fresh towels, etc. but didn't do some things I would have expected, like removing used plates and coffee cups.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 June 2012

Kenny, the guest services night attendant, was the friendliest person we have had the opportunity to meet on the week long vacation we took. When we arrived he was baking cookies, cleaning up, folding laundry, and seemed to be busy the entire time. Of the other 6 hotels we stayed in, he was by far the friendliest and hardest working person we encountered. One HUGE issue I had was the fact that he wanted to charge me $20.00 for a box of laundry detergent (3 load size). I thought he was joking but he was serious! They had recently had a meeting and the manager said to charge $20.00. I had to walk down to the convenience store and bought a box for $9.89 that would do 20 loads. I asked the girl at the front desk the next morning how much detergent was and she said $1.00. I was furious!! She said that Kenny must have thought Rich, the manager, was serious about charging $20.00. Very poor management, if you ask me. Kenny might be all of 20 yrs old, if that! Rich, the manager, should have made it clear in the meeting and not made a joke of it. I have sent a written complaint and have yet to even be acknowledged by them. Won't stay there again!

• Stayed June 2012
Grand Junction, Colorado
Reviewed 17 June 2012

At first glance the hotel seems nice, the revolving door gives it a hint of class and the restaurant/bar is classy. Then you get to the elevator. One elevator that must have been installed by Mr. Otis himself. The room is very old and small and is in need of updating. A buffet breakfast was included but never been to a hotel breakfast that charged extra for OJ. The rest of the food choices was dismal at best.......the basic scrambled eggs, sausage and toast. My wife wanted cereal and had to ask for it and it was brought out from the back room. Total joke as far as I was concerned and considering the cost of the room made this place a bad place to stay. I can't believe Holiday Inn would allow a property like this to carry the brand name. Needless to say I will never stay here again.

Room Tip: stay on the ground floor because you will wait all morning for the elevator.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank travelingman111

Travellers are raving about these Joliet hotels

Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed 30 April 2012

We stayed here on a recent cross country trip with my family. For our one night stay, I say that the hotel was decent but nothing to "write home to Mom about." Beds were comfortable and room was clean. I have to say that the best thing of our stay was the breakfast in the restaurant. The food was good and the service was great. I'd stay here again, but the price would have to come down a bit.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Michigan
Reviewed 28 April 2012

I had a pleasant enough 2-night stay here but overall, compared to other HIEx properties, this one just doesn't measure up. The bed and all the plush pillows and linens were comfy. From front desk to housekeeping, the staff were all courteous enough, so kudos for that. I, too, was told to use the "B" entrance which worked out just fine, but that's basically all I saw during my visit. From the wing of the hotel I was in, I'd have to agree with some of the other reviewers as it just feels like the life has been sucked out of this property.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business