“Comfortable”

Ranked #18 of 22 Hotels in Joliet
Saint Joseph, Missouri
“Comfortable”
Reviewed 20 March 2013

I would have given 4 but it got a 3 for parking. While the parking lot is big enough for guests, it does not accomodate guests when there are conferences happening. I had to park at a gas station until the conference was over. I do believe they should provide a fridge and microwave for the price but I didn't need them, so I wasn't put out by it. My room was veryclean, bed comfortable and the shower head is high which I liked being a tall person. The room was very clean . I would stay here again but only at the discounted rate I got with CLC.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Hzgmech

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Mercer Island
Reviewed 19 February 2013

Start with access - from west requires long detour South and potentially dangerous u-turn. Although the address is on Larkin, in fact the hotel is not visible from Larkin and requires two turn off Larkin down an obscure access road. Even with GPS I finally had to call the hotel for additional directions. No refrigerator in the room, which I would have expected for the price. When I enquired, they put in a portable -- for an additional $5. Bush league. When I asked the young lady who man handled the unit into our room, she said that code didn't require it for "this class hotel" (hmmmm), and management didn't want to pay for the upgrade. TV had no pay for view and no TV guide -- not even on line. One of the bedside lamps was not connected, because there was no conveniently located outlet. Final straw: the sofa in our "non-smoking room" had an obvious cigarette burn hole. Definitely not what I expected from a Holiday Inn.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank David C
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this review, 11 July 2013
Dear David C,

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Travellers are raving about these Joliet hotels

Belleville, Illinois
Reviewed 5 February 2013

Trying to celebrate a wonderful occasion? Go somewhere else! They don't have any suites and you are forced to try and shove several people in a very small room.
If you are wanting to use a "Hospitality" room, be prepared to pay outrageous prices for the space and a very unprepared staff! It doesn't matter how much money you are bringing in to this particular Holiday Inn or to the community. Because of their "lack of hospitality", I'm sure that future gatherings of this kind will cause the coordinators of our VERY LARGE group will find somewhere else and another city! Way to go Holiday Inn for not taking care of your guest AND the community! Joliet Tourism should be so proud! It will only cost the area only about $1.5 Million in revenue!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Bowler_13
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this review, 16 July 2013
Dear Bowler_13,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay with us. Your feedback is important in our conitnuous drive for excellence.

I am disappointed to learn that we have left you with a less than memorable stay. I am truly sorry for the level of service provided by our staff was less than satisfactory. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience and dissatisfaction this has caused you. We regret that we have failed to provide the best customer care which we have strived so hard to achieve.

We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class experience. For that reason, the comments are troubling and will certainly be looked into. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. Thank you again for your comments.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Bloomington, Illinois
Reviewed 30 December 2012 via mobile

A remodeled holiday inn but still nice. No mini fridge if that is important to you. The bed was very comfortable and had soft and firm pillows with indicator which were which. The heater was an older window unit that was a little noisy. Since I got the room on priceline cheap it was worth the money.

• Stayed December 2012
Elstree, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 November 2012

Stayed for a quick 1 night when the weather meant could not go on to normal destination.
the reception and attitude were both excellent and for me the meal was too.
Like many holiday inns - the decor is a bit tired - but so what - it was clean and functional. The TV was very big. Clearly a popular hotel for conventions and meetings.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Michigan
Reviewed 10 November 2012

Passed through the area and needed a one nighter. Room was clean and comfortable. Staff was pleasant and hard working. Night desk clerk went out of her way to get us a room we wanted....then saw her working hard the next morning cleaning rooms! Snacks given in the evening. Breakfast was standard HI-Ex fare, well stocked and hot. Would stay again.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank CaptHemo
Webster City, Iowa
Reviewed 23 October 2012

Always a great place to stay. The staff is wonderful!!! This is the first time we ate at the hotel and the food was very good. Breakfast was very good. I can't wait for next year to go back. The staff told us a couple of new restraunts to try that were wonderful, and the taxi service they called was great. 2 of the best taxi drivers I have ever had.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends