“This Holiday Inn is not up to par”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Clarion Hotel

Clarion Hotel
Ranked #18 of 22 Hotels in Joliet
Los Angeles, CA
“This Holiday Inn is not up to par”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2013

I can say this is one of the worst Holiday Inn's I have ever stayed at. The location is ok, parking lot has many semi's parking in it...they shuttle truckers from local companies to the hotel, so a so-so clientele at this hotel...I would not recommend to family with kids....the breakfast buffet was mediocre at best...the bed was old and needed replacement, sagging in middle, caused back pain it was so bad...the hotel is old and not very appealing, elevators are slow, hallways are dingy looking, overall stay an exit over at any of the newer looking hotels....and this is expensive for what you get.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank BigHarleyDog
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this review, 29 May 2013
Dear BigHarleyDog,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the conditions of the hotel prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Medford NJ
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2013

The property is a bit tough to find ,hidden behind a row of motels. The rooms are updated for basics essentials. he surrounding area has some good restaurants if needed the dinner menu and the staff in the hotel restaurant where very accommodating and professional, I did have a breakfast coupon for breakfast but the line and wait due to the conferences in the hotel eliminated that option.I think I would stay again as a business traveler not really the location for a family stay

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Matt K
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this review, 15 May 2013
Dear Matt K,

Thank you for your review and being so detailed in the good, the bad and the opportunities to improve. Whilst I am pleased with the good comment, We truly value the negative comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer. Please accept my apology for the shortcomings you have experienced during your stay. We are continually reviewing the products and service we provide, therefore guest feedback is very important to us.

Again, we wish to thank you for your input and hope to see you the next time you travel to our area.

Krysllin G.
Springfield, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2013

This Holiday Inn is not to be confused with the Holiday Inn Express in Joliet, which is the first and only Holiday Inn that shows up upon a Google search. You must enter the full name which includes "conference center" before this location shows up anywhere near the top of first search page. The hotel location is within eyesight and to the north of Interstate 80. Most hotels nowadays are located on side streets off the main drag. So in contrast to previous reviews, I didn't see this as a difficult place to find. The hotel has undergone a major renovation in recent history. Witnesses have told me that this was long overdue and if this new look is an improvement, I can't even imagine how bad it must have been before. When you experience the whole picture, you find yourself wondering if this is still a work in progress. However, my room was clean and updated. The nice large screen television was a nice touch, along with the free wi-fi. I checked in - or tried to check in -- at around 1:30 and although my room was ready, some of the other guests were told that the room would not be ready until 5PM. Come again? Yes - 5 as in 5 o'clock in the afternoon. Holy breakfast bagels Batman....is my hearing going bad? This is Wednesday, and apparently the previous evening saw full capacity so the room cleaning was a bit behind. Here's a tip: If you're not hauling luggage and you are able....take the stairs to your room. The elevators are small and slow. You'll cut your waiting time by two thirds and you'll burn some calories. At an average rate of $100 per night, you might assume that each room had a fridge, a microwave, and free breakfast. You would however be 0 for 3 on those assumptions. The Hamptons and the Mariott's of the world have spoiled us and its to this hotel's benefit that neither of those competitors are close by. The hotel is located close to a variety of restaurants including White Castle, a BBQ joint, Taco Bell, and a 7 Eleven convenience store within walking distance just across the street. We ordered continental breakfast for our conventioneers, and although the staff fell slightly behind in keeping the food line supplied....most the food was very good. The 6 ounce styro coffee cups are very old school and wasteful, but the variety of fresh juices, bagels, blueberry muffins, several choices of fresh fruit, and rolls were a welcome touch and so I have no complaints on that portion of the experience. The staff competency and attitude is strictly average - not something to rave about but not horrible either.This hotel is located scarcely 8 minutes or less from Harrah's Casino. But if you're traveling on vacation, I can only recommend this Holiday Inn as a backup choice if for some reason your first or second choice somehow falls through....which is why we ended up there. Pass this one by for now.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Don D
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this review, 2 May 2013
Dear Don D,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. We strive to provide the best possible service and experience and it is always great to hear from our guests on how we are doing. I am sorry that you had a less than satisfactory visit this time and rest assured your comments will be forwarded to the appropriate departments to consider for enhancements needed at our property.

Again, thank you and my apologies for the shortcomings.

Pam G.
Saint Joseph, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2013

I would have given 4 but it got a 3 for parking. While the parking lot is big enough for guests, it does not accomodate guests when there are conferences happening. I had to park at a gas station until the conference was over. I do believe they should provide a fridge and microwave for the price but I didn't need them, so I wasn't put out by it. My room was veryclean, bed comfortable and the shower head is high which I liked being a tall person. The room was very clean . I would stay here again but only at the discounted rate I got with CLC.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Hzgmech
Mercer Island
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2013

Start with access - from west requires long detour South and potentially dangerous u-turn. Although the address is on Larkin, in fact the hotel is not visible from Larkin and requires two turn off Larkin down an obscure access road. Even with GPS I finally had to call the hotel for additional directions. No refrigerator in the room, which I would have expected for the price. When I enquired, they put in a portable -- for an additional $5. Bush league. When I asked the young lady who man handled the unit into our room, she said that code didn't require it for "this class hotel" (hmmmm), and management didn't want to pay for the upgrade. TV had no pay for view and no TV guide -- not even on line. One of the bedside lamps was not connected, because there was no conveniently located outlet. Final straw: the sofa in our "non-smoking room" had an obvious cigarette burn hole. Definitely not what I expected from a Holiday Inn.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank David C
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this review, 11 July 2013
Dear David C,

Ferdinand G
IHGCare

Travellers are raving about these Joliet hotels

Belleville, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2013

Trying to celebrate a wonderful occasion? Go somewhere else! They don't have any suites and you are forced to try and shove several people in a very small room.
If you are wanting to use a "Hospitality" room, be prepared to pay outrageous prices for the space and a very unprepared staff! It doesn't matter how much money you are bringing in to this particular Holiday Inn or to the community. Because of their "lack of hospitality", I'm sure that future gatherings of this kind will cause the coordinators of our VERY LARGE group will find somewhere else and another city! Way to go Holiday Inn for not taking care of your guest AND the community! Joliet Tourism should be so proud! It will only cost the area only about $1.5 Million in revenue!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Bowler_13
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this review, 16 July 2013
Dear Bowler_13,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay with us. Your feedback is important in our conitnuous drive for excellence.

I am disappointed to learn that we have left you with a less than memorable stay. I am truly sorry for the level of service provided by our staff was less than satisfactory. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience and dissatisfaction this has caused you. We regret that we have failed to provide the best customer care which we have strived so hard to achieve.

We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class experience. For that reason, the comments are troubling and will certainly be looked into. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. Thank you again for your comments.

Dhan M
Bloomington, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2012 via mobile

A remodeled holiday inn but still nice. No mini fridge if that is important to you. The bed was very comfortable and had soft and firm pillows with indicator which were which. The heater was an older window unit that was a little noisy. Since I got the room on priceline cheap it was worth the money.

• Stayed December 2012