Clarion Hotel
Comfort Inn North(Joliet)(Great Value!)
US$96
US$190
US$158
US$159
US$84
Red Roof Inn Chicago Joliet(Joliet)(Great Value!)
US$67
US$63
Red Roof
Best Western Joliet Inn & Suites(Joliet)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$91
Priceline
All reviewselectronic devicesexcellent breakfastcomplimentary breakfastfridge and microwavebed was very comfortableroom was largefront desk staffconvention
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 May 2013

So I prepaid for this hotel on Expedia, so some of this ire is directed at them.

We called the previous day to ask if we could get early check-in. We were told that was fine. We drove all night, arriving at 11:30am to the hotel, where we were told they had only held the two rooms until 11:00am. We then asked what the earliest we could get a room for would be, and told 1:00pm. When arriving back at 1:00pm we were told by the same exact person that it would be at 3:00pm (regular check in time). When I tried to discuss that she told us an hour and a half before that we'd be able to check in at 1:00pm, she got super snooty. Finally getting into some rooms at 2:15-2:30p.

Have no issues with the accommodations; Rooms were updated, clean. Single king with sleeper sofa. Air conditioner fine.

So we grab our trunks after a couple hours of sleep and find the pool...which had not been opened yet (May 22nd). Nowhere was this posted in the lobby or online (both Expedia or the hotel branded website). Complaints were met with derision and sarcasm.

Not planning on staying here again, I'll take the 20 minute drive to Romeoville and stay at the Country Inn & Suites.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank GregTinsley
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2013

Dear GregTinsley,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We are delighted to know that you like our room accommodations. Kindly accept my sincerest apologies for the unacceptable service you have experienced with the staff. Please be assured that we treat this matter seriously and actions will be taken by the management accordingly. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to provide you with exceptional service.

Zelyn N

Reviewed 15 May 2013

I can say this is one of the worst Holiday Inn's I have ever stayed at. The location is ok, parking lot has many semi's parking in it...they shuttle truckers from local companies to the hotel, so a so-so clientele at this hotel...I would not recommend to family with kids....the breakfast buffet was mediocre at best...the bed was old and needed replacement, sagging in middle, caused back pain it was so bad...the hotel is old and not very appealing, elevators are slow, hallways are dingy looking, overall stay an exit over at any of the newer looking hotels....and this is expensive for what you get.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank BigHarleyDog
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2013

Dear BigHarleyDog,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the conditions of the hotel prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J

Reviewed 21 April 2013

The property is a bit tough to find ,hidden behind a row of motels. The rooms are updated for basics essentials. he surrounding area has some good restaurants if needed the dinner menu and the staff in the hotel restaurant where very accommodating and professional, I did have a breakfast coupon for breakfast but the line and wait due to the conferences in the hotel eliminated that option.I think I would stay again as a business traveler not really the location for a family stay

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Matt K
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2013

Dear Matt K,

Thank you for your review and being so detailed in the good, the bad and the opportunities to improve. Whilst I am pleased with the good comment, We truly value the negative comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer. Please accept my apology for the shortcomings you have experienced during your stay. We are continually reviewing the products and service we provide, therefore guest feedback is very important to us.

Again, we wish to thank you for your input and hope to see you the next time you travel to our area.

Krysllin G.

Reviewed 18 April 2013

This Holiday Inn is not to be confused with the Holiday Inn Express in Joliet, which is the first and only Holiday Inn that shows up upon a Google search. You must enter the full name which includes "conference center" before this location shows up anywhere near the top of first search page. The hotel location is within eyesight and to the north of Interstate 80. Most hotels nowadays are located on side streets off the main drag. So in contrast to previous reviews, I didn't see this as a difficult place to find. The hotel has undergone a major renovation in recent history. Witnesses have told me that this was long overdue and if this new look is an improvement, I can't even imagine how bad it must have been before. When you experience the whole picture, you find yourself wondering if this is still a work in progress. However, my room was clean and updated. The nice large screen television was a nice touch, along with the free wi-fi. I checked in - or tried to check in -- at around 1:30 and although my room was ready, some of the other guests were told that the room would not be ready until 5PM. Come again? Yes - 5 as in 5 o'clock in the afternoon. Holy breakfast bagels Batman....is my hearing going bad? This is Wednesday, and apparently the previous evening saw full capacity so the room cleaning was a bit behind. Here's a tip: If you're not hauling luggage and you are able....take the stairs to your room. The elevators are small and slow. You'll cut your waiting time by two thirds and you'll burn some calories. At an average rate of $100 per night, you might assume that each room had a fridge, a microwave, and free breakfast. You would however be 0 for 3 on those assumptions. The Hamptons and the Mariott's of the world have spoiled us and its to this hotel's benefit that neither of those competitors are close by. The hotel is located close to a variety of restaurants including White Castle, a BBQ joint, Taco Bell, and a 7 Eleven convenience store within walking distance just across the street. We ordered continental breakfast for our conventioneers, and although the staff fell slightly behind in keeping the food line supplied....most the food was very good. The 6 ounce styro coffee cups are very old school and wasteful, but the variety of fresh juices, bagels, blueberry muffins, several choices of fresh fruit, and rolls were a welcome touch and so I have no complaints on that portion of the experience. The staff competency and attitude is strictly average - not something to rave about but not horrible either.This hotel is located scarcely 8 minutes or less from Harrah's Casino. But if you're traveling on vacation, I can only recommend this Holiday Inn as a backup choice if for some reason your first or second choice somehow falls through....which is why we ended up there. Pass this one by for now.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Don D
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2013

Dear Don D,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. We strive to provide the best possible service and experience and it is always great to hear from our guests on how we are doing. I am sorry that you had a less than satisfactory visit this time and rest assured your comments will be forwarded to the appropriate departments to consider for enhancements needed at our property.

Again, thank you and my apologies for the shortcomings.

Pam G.

Reviewed 20 March 2013

I would have given 4 but it got a 3 for parking. While the parking lot is big enough for guests, it does not accomodate guests when there are conferences happening. I had to park at a gas station until the conference was over. I do believe they should provide a fridge and microwave for the price but I didn't need them, so I wasn't put out by it. My room was veryclean, bed comfortable and the shower head is high which I liked being a tall person. The room was very clean . I would stay here again but only at the discounted rate I got with CLC.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business