All reviews electronic devices awesome hotel complimentary breakfast fridge and microwave comfortable beds front desk staff convention pros cons highway
Reviewed 8 September 2018

We booked our room through the Choice Hotels website
This is by far one of the best hotels I've stayed at. The rooms are clean, the beds are comfortable, and great TV. I was pleasantly surprised to how updated it is and kept up

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

We booked our room through the Choice Hotels website because we’re members. We selected the military rate because I am retired Army with over 20 years service and my wife is a federal employee with 18+ years of service. Choice Hotels gave us the rate and we booked the room. Our stay was fine until we went down for breakfast the next morning. The hostess told us we had to get our meal tickets from the front desk to eat breakfast. When we went to the desk we were denied claiming, “YOU BOOKED YOUR ROOM ONLINE AND BECAUSE YOU DIDN’T PAY ENOUGH FOR YOUR ROOM, YOU DON’T QUALIFY FOR THE FREE
BREAKFAST”......WHAT???? I paid over $82.00 for the room and I booked through CHOICE HOTELS. I didn’t set the price, Choice Hotels did. All the desk clerk would say is, “SORRY, YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE BOOKED ONLINE AND SHOULD HAVE PAID MORE”. When we went back to the hostess, she couldn’t believe what we were told. And she said we couldn’t pay to eat. It was tickets only. So because we couldn’t eat at the hotel, we had to leave to go somewhere else. BOTTOM LINE....DO NOT BOOK YOUR RESERVATIONS ONLINE FOR THIS HOTEL AND MAKE SURE YOU PAY ENOUGH IF YOU WANT TO EAT BREAKFAST. We have never felt more like second class citizens. We will not be back to this hotel and will be definitely spreading the word with Choice Hotels and other sites.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

Being a Will County native, I know how old this hotel is. Had my doubts. I was pleasantly surprised to how updated it is and kept up, both the room and public areas. Its not easy with an older property. My daughter loved the big pool.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank drpenczek
Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

This is by far one of the best hotels I've stayed at. The rooms are clean, the beds are comfortable, and great TV. They greeted me very nicely upon checking in. They have a restaurant in the lobby that has amazing food.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 July 2018 via mobile

I see the reviews are all over the place about this location. I’m guessing either they’ve upped their game since or they attract whiny little +=%#$$ like flies to manure. Service was fine. The rooms I saw were fine. Breakfast was good, not confusing or terrible. The pool looked good, but I wanted to see some things nearby and didn’t have much time. I was perfectly happy here.

In defense of the property many people don’t see many Hotels and expect 5 star accommodations. The fact that everyone is an expert now and is armed with a smart phone, is a recipe for nasty cheap shot reviews. I guess there’s bad experiences here, but nothing I saw disqualified this Hotel from consideration.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo