“If you want to sleep, don't stay here!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Roof Inn Chicago Joliet

Red Roof Inn Chicago Joliet
Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Joliet
Lake Havasu City, Arizona
“If you want to sleep, don't stay here!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Room was fine, I was working a job there working nights. The maid would wake me up daily even with the "Don't disturb" sign on the door. Then thier computer system went down and for three days after the maid woke me up someone else would come by and ask if I was checking out today, which I wasn't. Didn't get much sleep!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank SeaRay871
Ava_Adediwura, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago Joliet, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear Sea Ray871,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. I was pleased to hear that you were happy with the room accommodations. However, I was sad that you felt your "Do Not Disturb" signage was not being honored. We rely on our guest to make us aware of any changes to there expected departure dates and require that if they extend their stay they sign a new registration card. At check in we repeat all of the reservation details to our guest. If the guest want to extend there stay past there original departure date they can simply contact the front desk and make arrangements to come down and re-register. This helps us to avoid any disruptions in you our valued guest from getting rest. We also have 24 hour front desk service to assist our late workers with the re-registration process.

As you mentioned in your review our system was down. However, we still have the capability to assist our guest. Again, thank you for writing a review and I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you might have experienced while extending your visit. I sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you should your travel plans bring you back to the Joliet area.

Kind Regard,

I0071@Red Roof Inn.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Willow, Alaska
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

We found the room clean and the staff friendly and helpful. The rate was reasonable for this type of accommodation. The only problems we had with the room were that the AC was weak and took a while to cool the room and the clock radio didn't work. We asked for a wake up call which didn't happen but we reported these things to the staff and they were concerned and were going to take care of these problems.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Mike,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad to see that our staff was friendly and helpful during your visit. They are all trained to have a "hospitality heart" in regards to you our valued guest. Also, we try to offer a reasonable rate to accommodate all of our guest economic budgets.

I shared your concerns regarding the maintenance issues with my staff and we have addressed and corrected those problems. Again, thank you for your review and we look forward to being your hotel of choice should your travel plans bring you back to the Joliet area.

Best Regards,

I0071@redroof.com
Grosse Pointe, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

This is the worst motel ever. We checked in at 11pm. The attendant was very unprofessional and spoke bad grammar. There was a paint ball competition in town. The people who stayed there were rude, loud and talked like drunken sailors. There was loud music, fights, and people walking up and down steps all night.The couple next door to us were residents instead of guest. They argued all times of night. We felt very unsafe. Parking is horrible. We were afraid our vehicle would be stolen. NEVER AGAIN WILL WE BOOK A ROOM THERE!!!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank cheryl c
Ava_Adediwura, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago Joliet, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey. I have shared your feedback with the associate that assisted you during your visit. I am extremely sorry that you felt the associate did not speak proper grammar when assisting you or that she did not pay attention to your needs.

We value your opinion and appreciate your patronage at our location. I sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the near future. I can guarantee that you will be pleased with our location and the issues that you mentioned in your review have all been corrected.

I0071@Red Roof.com
Papillion, Nebraska
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

This is one of the worst motels that I've ever been to. We got there and got a room and went to the back part of the motel. There were cars everywhere
there was no place to park. When we did find somewhere to park there were men fighting in the parking lot. There were parties going on up by our room. at least 3. People kept walking back and forth in front of our room banging and hollering and swearing. Language I do not want my 9 year old hear. When we went back down to the office because I felt unsafe to have my child there ,they could not reimburse us our money. We left in the middle of the night and drove another 3 hours to find a better motel. Had to fight with the credit card company to get the money reimbursed. The guy working that night didn't really seem to care about our complaints. It seems like this happens every weekend night the way he acted, meaning of the partying. Never ever stay there!

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Rene T
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey. I am extremely sorry that your stay was not a pleasant one. At Red Roof Inn we take the safety of our guest very seriously. If a guest reports a noise complaint from another guest, we first contact that guest and give them an opportunity to correct the behavior. However, if the behavior is not corrected then the troubled guest are immediately asked to leave the property with out a refund.

Our lot is well patrolled by our local and county officers to ensure the safety and security of our guest, again I am extremely sorry that this was not the case with your visit. I did notice that your room was reserved with a third party booking. Unfortunately, we do not have the ability to issue a refund to third party charges as the original charge does not take place with the location. Simply put they bill you and we bill them. However, I am glad to see that the third party vendor and the hotel were able to work together to resolve your issue and fix the billing error for you.

Again, thank you for filling out a review and we sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you should your travel plans bring you back to the Joliet area.

I0071@redroof.com
Michigan City, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Came in for a business trip for one night , price was only 57.99 plus tax which is a GREAT price for the type of room i was staying in very nice motel i will use for my future bookings ,Also Justin at the front desk was a really friendly and nice guy with a great sense of humor. I came in not having a good day at all but he really made me smile. I have to give his customer services skills an A+.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Ava_Adediwura, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago Joliet, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Thank you very much for your review. I sincerely appreciate your kind words and agree with you. The Red Roof Inn does have an incredible staff and all of us are here to ensure your stay is an pleasant one. I have shared your comments with Justin and the rest of my spectacular team and I am glad we provided you with great service.

We will always offer you our valued guest the best rate for a clean and comfortable room. Our staff will always provide you with interesting conversations and useful tips for you our valued guest.

Please consider us your hotel of choice should your travel plans bring you back to the Joliet area.

Red Roof Inn Chicago Joliet
I0071@RedRoofInn.Com
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

We had a little issue with the door lock of our room. Nichole right away started to fix the problem. She was so nice and have me tips about what was around town she really made me feel like she was on my side to help me resolve the issue. I will recommend red roof to all my out of town co workers. Thank you Nichole at red roof 071. I hope your great attitude and customer service is rewarded.

• Stayed April 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ava_Adediwura, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago Joliet, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review. Nichole was all smiles and very glad to hear that she assisted you with resolving your issues. I have shared your feedback with my team and we were elated to hear that you consider us a hotel to refer other friends and family members to.

I sincerely hope that during your visit you found our Serta Mattress a haven for a good night rest and that you visited our front desk and enjoyed our coffee reception available 24-hours at the front desk.

We look forward to your return and thank you for making the Red Roof Inn your hotel of choice.

I0071@RedRoof.Com
Joliet, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

The heating system is separate from the AC. The air conditioning is normal but the heating system is some kind of radiator that is about 10 inches from the ceiling. If you need to turn on the heat it will keep you up all night. It makes "bang" and "click" noises all night. I resorted to turning the heat up high and then turn it off before going to bed so that I could get some sleep. Of course that meant that I'd wake up in a cold room.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review. On behalf of my team, I am extremely sorry that you stay did not meet your expectations. I cannot begin to imagine your frustration with the heat vent not working correctly and making noise preventing you from getting a good night rest. I have shared your review with my entire team to ensure that this is an isolated incident.

I sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you should your travel plans bring you back to the Joliet Area.

I0071@RedRoof.Com