“Quick staff response to late-night partying guest”

Wingate by Wyndham Joliet
Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Joliet
Manitowoc, Wisconsin
“Quick staff response to late-night partying guest”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2011

The accommodations were fine. I was sleeping peacefully when at 1:30 A.M., on a Saturday night, when someone in the hallway woke me by knocking on doors and calling "Can Mikey come out to play?" The nuisance stopped after a few minutes, and I found out days later that police were called shortly to the scene. The hotel was recommended for wedding guests for my nephew's wedding Oct. 1st. My sister days later told me the reception party had continued in the lobby, and this fellow was trying to get folks to join in. My other sister and brother-in-law were smart not to stay at the recommended hotel for wedding attendees and slept through the night at the Best Western across the street. This is a nice hotel with good staff and facilities, but I'll never stay where the wedding party stays, at least not on the same floor.

Room Tip: Ask to be on a floor or area where there are not big groups staying.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank trainfan1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Queen Creek, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2011

This hotel is very average. Upon check in (we were not allowed to check in before 3pm) The A/C did not work. I called desk and was told the maintenance man left at 3pm. My question is if you dont let people check in till 3 why is the maintenance man not there when people are checking in? We had reserved a handicap accessible room they only have 2 and the other was taken. After waiting to speak to manager they finally called maintenance man back to replace A/C. After being moved to 2 seperate rooms while waiting for repair(1 smelled like an ashtray). Getting up at 2am to go to airport to arrive at hotel with these problems was too much. Breakfast was ok but served the same food all week. Rooms were average. Front desk staff was very pleasant and helpful. Over all would not stay here again. Overpriced for the quality of hotel

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Mark W
Stevenage, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2011

I was sorry to hear the other negative reviews as we were really impressed with our stay. The staff (Sue and the other ladies whose names I didn't get) went out of their way to help us in any way they could providing directions to restaurants and malls and generally being very friendly. We found the rooms spacious, clean and the bathroom spotless. The housekeeper was very pleasant and generally we had a very nice stay. Above all the price was very reasonable and we would certainly stay again when we are in the area.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank melziemelzie
GMWingate, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Joliet, responded to this review, 6 September 2011
Thank you for your comments. We do strive to make each and every guest's stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. We look forward to seeing you again if your travels bring you back to the Joliet, IL area.
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2011

Stayed here for one night awaiting hubby's planned participation in Dale Jarrett Racing experience at Chicagoland Speedway next day. Staff volunteered short cut to the track that bypassed I-80 and made for an easy and swift arrival at track next day. If not at the desk , staff were just a button press bell away. Have to say there is NO view, but room clean, spacious ( 2 queen beds) and HOT breakfast was quite good. Would recommend for those wishing to head to the track.
Hot tip: Dale Jarrett Racing experience is worth every dime! An instructor is actually your passenger and can take hold of your steering wheel if necessary which brought hubby's anxiety down since these are Nascar cars! Knowing this, I hope to do it in the future. opted out because I hadn't known until that AM that instructor rides. Women, show all our menfolk we are brave and can drive with the best of them! excellent instruction by the way, and instructors use humor that is appreciated!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Riverdale, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2011

The staff is super friendly and they cater to all your home-away from home needs. The room are super clean and service is great. I would highly recommend if you need to stay in the joilet area to check into this hotel. I promise you that you will not regret it.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2011

This is our second trip here as a familyand wouldn't recommend another in the Joliet area. This is not a new hotel, seems like maybe 6-7 years old, but they are CLEAN.. We were so shocked at the fact that the front desk girl remembered us from our last trip and even adressed my daughter by her first name. Thats what we want in our hotel, like a home away from home. We were given tickets to the local ball game just because we had the children and they figured we may be looking for something to keep then occupied, (which we were). She offered many other sugestions as well!!! If you like to feel at home and not just like another number in the book, stay here, You wont be dissapointed.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Bear, Delaware
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2011

I regularly stay at Wingate Hotels during business trips and have never encountered such a poor, run down, overall dirty property. We stayed for several nights due to my son's wedding. I had recommended this property to out of town guests who ended up booking 7 rooms total. Upon arrival, I was sadly disappointed by the condition of the hotel and the rooms. They were dirty(i.e. carpets walls) and was amazed that Wyndham would allow a franchised property operate in this condition. My first room the air conditioner was broken. When I reported it, I was told the maintenance man had left for the day and the hotel was booked so there were no other rooms to move us into until the next night. The pool area was very dirty and had paint peeling off of the ceiling. The patio area just outside of the pool was very run down, dirty and had only a few chairs to use. Others were broken. I realize this hotel is a franchise, but what standards are the owners supposed maintain the property in order to use the Wyndham name? Are the properties visited by Wyndham to assure they are being kept in the agreed upon condition? I am so disappointed in this stay I will have to seriously think long and hard before I would ever stay at a Wingate again.
**PS The manager has emailed me twice in a week to assure me issues are being addressed.... seriously... SHE was one of the issues!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
GMWingate, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Joliet, responded to this review, 20 June 2011
As I told you in the email that I sent to you on June 15, the concerns you had with our property were addressed with our housekeeping staff. We pride ourselves in offering the best guest experience as possible as well as adhereing to the standards set forth by Wingate. If you would like to discuss your stay further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 815-741-2100.