“They've got something special happening here”

Hampton Inn by Hilton Joliet I-80
Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Joliet
Reviewed 16 March 2012

I was fortunate to stay at Joliet Hampton Inn last week and this hotel has tapped into the equation for success! Our stay was more than enjoyable to say the least. They cover ALL of the bases, great breakfast, helpful employees, great housekeeping and a ton of other extras! I've stayed at a lot of hotels and this hotel as the perfect balance of it all. The rooms were very clean, comfortable, and they even passed my white glove test (which speaks volumes for the housekeeping). So I'll give a quick run down:

Check-in/Check-out
It was a breeze. We were greeted with friendly warm faces and felt special from the moment we walked in. We were given our keys and quickly traveled up to our room. We enjoyed the same great service for checkout as well.

Our Room
Super clean, smelled great, looked great and had a lot of extra little touches that let you know housekeeping takes pride in their work. The Kleenex were in a beautiful floral arrangement. There was also a little rubber ducky waiting for us on the tub which my kids really got a kick out of. The beds were comfortable, pillows were soft, and linens were fresh. Our room came with a microwave, a small refrigerator and a single cup coffee maker stocked with ample coffee. The rooms themselves were spacious and they had a very stylish built in desk with built in mood lighting. I found the room to be very comfortable for our family.

The Breakfast
Ok, let's get to what really matters here.. the food! Breakfast was good really good most days. We stayed for five days so we had a really good impression of what's on the table. Fresh waffles, scrambled eggs (some days these got kinda weird/texture was off a bit), fruit, cereal, pastries, bagels, toast, oatmeal, bacon, turkey sausage(these tasted terrible though it wasn't their fault), potatoes, and yogurt. They also had "Meal on the go" bags packed for you if you just wanted to head out. I thought that was awesome and also showed the level of thought and foresight that goes into customer needs. Summing it up, breakfast was really good on most days. Our kids loved the waffles!

The Staff
Super helpful! One girl, Sarah in particular was a gem. She went above and beyond to help our family feel welcomed comfortable and provide us with information. We thought she was a definite keeper! However all of the staff at the hotel was extremely helpful, cheerful and just boasted friendly dispositions at all times. Even the housekeeping was cheerful and super helpful. One day I needed my room cleaned early and they sent housekeeping up in like 5min to clean our room. That was priceless and totally amazed us! Wow!

The Amenities
We loved the pool, the hot tub and the workout room. They also have computers set up in a little lounge area with a printer which makes it super easy to check email and such. I just loved it!

The Extras
Now for the good stuff. Ok, the hotel totally goes above and beyond what you even pay for! The have a hot beverage bar that is available 24-7, not to mention it's stocked with coffees, teas and all kinds of goodies. They even have fresh fruit out each night for you along with freshly baked "still oozingly warm" cookies! And these cookies are good, it's a definite bonus every night!

Final thoughts
I LOVE THIS HOTEL!! We will definitely be back when we are in the area. It was such a pleasant experience for our family and that was totally because of the staff, housekeeping and all of the extras that come together to create quite a memorable and positive experience. My recommendation is if you're in the area stay here! Oh and Giordano's pizza is AWESOME too and they deliver to the hotel!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
BWatland, Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Joliet I-80, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2012

Dear Momtogogos,
On behalf of the entire team at the Hampton Inn I-80, thank you so much for taking the time to write such a kind review about your recent stay with us! My name is Brooke and I’m the sales manager for the Hampton Inn I-80. Thank you for noticing how great our staff is! They work extremely hard to ensure a clean and comfortable hotel. I will definitely pass the compliments on to them – they will be excited! I’m so happy you enjoyed our hot beverage bar and nightly cookies. Please come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed 13 March 2012

The best bed, pillow, and blankets I've ever slept with. This place was super comfy and clean. I would definitely recommend this to anyone especially if you are staying more than one night.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends

Dear anaconda21,
My name is Brooke and I’m the sales manager for the Hampton Inn I-80. Thank you for writing a review about your stay! I’m so happy you found the beds to be comfortable and our hotel to be clean. Thank you for noticing how hard our housekeepers work to ensure a very clean hotel! Please come back and see us again on your next trip to Joliet.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

Great place to stay in Joliet. The ladies that served the breakfast couldn't have been nicer!! Even offered Valentine chocolates to all of us. Nice clean room, comfortable bed.

Room Tip: I had a room away from the interstate and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
BWatland, Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Joliet I-80, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2012

Dear Odette,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on the Hampton Inn I-80! My name is Brooke and I’m the sales manager for this hotel. I’m so happy you enjoyed your stay and noticed how friendly our breakfast hosts are. We truly have the best staff! I will pass your compliment on. Please come back and stay with us again soon!

Thanks,

Reviewed 13 February 2012

Everyone I encountered here was wonderful and welcoming and most helpful. The room was cozy and I even had a cupid rubber duckie waiting for me at the bathtub, that was a pleasant surprise! The breakfast selection was delicious and I felt like the staff, including the sweet breakfast hostess (I think her name was Jean) really went above and beyond to make sure I was happy and attended to. All in all I would definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
BWatland, Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Joliet I-80, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2012

Rina B,

Thank you so much for your review! My name is Brooke and I’m the sales manager at the Hampton Inn I-80. Thank you for noticing how helpful our staff is and how cozy our rooms are! We theme our rubber duckies as to what is going on in the area/holidays. I will pass your compliment on to Jean – she will be very happy. Please come back and stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 5 February 2012

My wife and I have stayed at this motel several times over the last 8 months. The last time was 2/4/2012. We travel to Joliet from 300 miles away to take care of family matters that normally leave us very tired and not in the best of moods. The motel personnel always greets us with a "glad to see you again smile and greeting" the reservations are right, the rooms are clean, the breakfast is always good and the lady that takes care of it is fantastic! This last time I had to change the reservation date three times and every time I called they were pleasant, professional, and very helpful. This is the only Joliet motel we will stay in.

2  Thank showwatcher
BWatland, Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Joliet I-80, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2012

Dear Showwatcher,

Thank you for posting a review about the Hampton Inn I-80. My name is Brooke and I’m the sales manager for this hotel. We truly love having you stay with us and appreciate your loyalty! Thank you for noticing how clean our rooms are and how fantastic our breakfast staff is. I will definitely pass those compliments along. We hope to see you again soon!

Thanks,

Reviewed 20 January 2012

This hotel is one of the best I have ever stayed at. Very clean rooms that are modern. Very clean and warm water pool and a hot tub that was hot and ready to relax in, and plenty of pool towels hanging around. The morning breakfast was fresh and hot and had alot of choices. There internet was fast and with 2 computers to use it was easy for checking email and such. I enjoyed my stay at this Hampton Inn and give it a 5 star reveiw. Highly recommended that you indulge in your overnight stay at this location.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family

Dear randi m,

My name is Brooke and I’m the sales manager for the Hampton Inn I-80. Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our hotel. I’m so happy to hear you enjoyed the modern feel and cleanliness of your room, the pool and hot tub, and our breakfast! It was a pleasure having you stay with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 6 January 2012

We stayed at this Hampton Inn on 12/21/2011 because, unfortunately we were in town for a funeral. We were in a terrible car accident and we called the hotel for help. The hotel manager personally picked up my sister-in-law, her two kids, my daugher and me in her personal vehicle. Meanwhile the tow truck driver drove my husband and my brother to the hotel.

Despite the construction the hotel was under at the time, they went out of their way to be courteous, professional and the hotel was very clean. I wish all hotel experiences were as good as this one (minus the terrible car accident)

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Adrian B
BWatland, Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Joliet I-80, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2012

Dear Adrian B,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review on our hotel. My name is Brooke and I’m the sales manager for the Hampton Inn I-80. I’m so happy you found our hotel to be very clean, and our staff to be courteous. We strive to make every guest feel like family! I’m so sorry to hear about your accident and am glad everyone was ok. Please come back and see us again if you find yourself in Joliet. We would love to have you!