“review”

Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Joliet
Dexter, United States
“review”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

It was a nice hotel and nicely located on the west side of Chicago. The room was more pricey than any of the other Hampton Inn places we have stayed… This was surprising to us and a bit of a concern… However, it was clean and the staff were quite nice.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Sales_Manager_0, Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Joliet I-80, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear Jill A,
First of all, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent stay at our hotel. I am sorry that you feel our rooms were priced higher than some of the other Hampton Inns that you have visited. Each Hampton Inn has it prices dictated upon it's market. We do try and keep our prices inline and competitive with other Joliet hotels. We also pride ourselves in meeting and exceeding our guest's expectations which sets us apart from our competitors. I was both surprised and disappointed to hear that you felt that the service and quality of our hotel did not fall inline with the price in which you expected to pay.
I am happy that you found our hotel to be clean and our staff to be friendly. We pride ourselves in the quality & cleanliness of our hotel and the friendliness of our teammates. I am happy to hear that we succeeded in this! We would love to have you stay with us again the next time travel brings you to Joliet so that we can have the opportunity to earn your 5 star rating.
Thank you again for sharing your feedback ~ we truly value your comments!

Sales Coordinator

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 28 April 2014

This Hampton Inn is part of a compound of chain hotels clustered just off I-80 in Joliet. Why stay here? Accommodations were predictable - which is a good thing. But the included-breakfast truly stood out. Between our large group (in the area for an organization meeting), several other groups and miscellaneous travelers, the breakfast nook was hopping at 7AM. Attentive & pleasant staff were refilling, cleaning up and generally making themselves useful. While most breakfast offerings in these situations are of the "just add water" variety, we were surprised to find the oatmeal to be freshly made from real oats - not instant - with a nice complement of brown sugar and raisins.

OK, so maybe fresh oatmeal is not a reason to choose one hotel over another. However, I believe this attention to a detail was indicative of the operation of the entire place and I'm using it as an example. If you're looking for a reason to choose one chain over the other, maybe the oatmeal will help you make up your mind.

Room Tip: Backing up to I-80, we'd recommend requesting a room on the front of the hotel and an upper floo...
Green Features: There was no indication in the room or lobby that the hotel embraced recycling or other environmentally-friendly practices.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Sales_Manager_0, Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Joliet I-80, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear Flatlanders,
Thanks for sharing your feedback about your recent stay at our hotel. We're so glad that you selected our Hampton while visiting Joliet. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast options. We try and offer a wide variety of items at our breakfast, because as they say, it is the most important meal of the day :)

We want to make sure that everyone has a great start to their morning. If you are ever in a hurry in the morning and can't quite make time for breakfast , all Hamptons also provide "On the run breakfast bags" to take with you for the road. Each bag contains a bottle of water, a muffin, a cereal bar, an apple and mints!

We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again the next time you come to Joliet. Please let us know if there is ever anything that we can do to improve your stay .

Peoria, United States
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Staff checked us in very quickly and they are very friendly. We were given water as an honors member and since the Hotel is close to the interstate we were given a room on the quiet side. I love the breakfast, there is always something I can eat with my swallowing problems,

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Sales_Manager_0, Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Joliet I-80, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Dear Jacqueline C,
Thank you for sharing your comments with us on Trip Advisor. We’re delighted that you enjoyed your stay and hope that you will come back and visit us soon. From all of us at the Hampton Inn Joliet I80, Thank you!

Sevierville, United States
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We've used this hotel several times in the past, both for pleasure (Family Reunions) and necessity (Deaths in the family) This particular hotel is the closest hotel to our hometown which is about 20 miles from them. The access to the Interstate and ease of check in and check out make it the ideal selection whether we are in the area for pleasure or other purposes. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone for any reason.

Dear Therese K,
Thank you for staying with us! Our team strives to make you feel welcomed and at home. It is nice to see that we accomplished this. Your compliments will certainly be shared with our team.
We're grateful for the opportunity to serve and look forward to welcoming you back the next time that you are in the area visiting family.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Hotel was your usual Hampton Inn. The staff was great. Breakfast was good. Room was updated and very clean. Pool area was nice and clean and good water quality. I was very surprised that the soundproofing was so good. I didn't hear I-80 once. I'd stay again.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Dario F
Sales_Manager_0, Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Joliet I-80, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear Dario F,
Thank you for your review! Our entire team is grateful to have earned your recommendation to others traveling to Joliet.
We look forward to the opportunity to serve you & your family again soon! Please let us know if there is ever anything we can do to make your stay even more enjoyable.

Joliet, Illinois
Reviewed 20 April 2014

I have never been to a hotel that had even half the courtessy of this one. The staff went out of thier way to accommadate us. We did our 8 yr old's birthday party there. They were very nice to us and all the kids and the kids loved how the staff interacted with them. I will put comments on as many review sites as I can.

Dear Edward N,
On behalf of the entire team at the Hampton Inn Joliet I80, I would like to personally thank you for your very kind feedback and endorsement of our staff and property. We appreciate your loyalty to our hotel and look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back for your next special occasion. I will make sure to share your comments with the entire team! It will make their day! Thanks again,

Marseilles, Illinois
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Nice and clean, super friendly staff. Excellent selection on breakfast buffet. Rooms are inviting and smell clean and fresh. Conveniently located and close to a few good restaurants. The staff are very accommodating and greet you with a smile!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Sales_Manager_0, Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Joliet I-80, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Dear Michael C,
We're glad that you loved our hotel and our team. I'm so happy that you were able to experience our clean and comfortable rooms and our friendly staff during your stay. We pride ourselves in our outstanding service and cleanliness. I will certainly pass along your compliments to our hardworking staff. Please come back to see us the next time that you are in Joliet!