“Very nice for the price!”

Hampton Inn by Hilton Joliet I-80
Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Joliet
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We spent a long weekend here and as always with Hampton Inn the stay was very nice. The room was in immaculate condition when we arrived and the staff was lovely. It is conveniently located to the major highways and restaurants are very close by. We went to 6 Flags one day and it was about an hour and 15 min drive from the hotel. They even had awesome brown bag to go breakfast if you are on the run! The only thing that I would say wasn't up to par would be the pool. It looked like it hadn't been cleaned in awhile, so we did not go in. Overall I would say it was worth it and very convenient for anyone who needs to stay in the area!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Sales_Manager_0, Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Joliet I-80, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear cbleeker87,
Thank you for sharing your review of our hotel. We appreciate your feedback. I'm very happy that you found your room to be immaculate and our staff to be friendly! We pride ourselves in both these areas. I'm sorry to hear that you felt the cleanliness of the pool was not up to par. This situation most definitely will be addressed and promptly corrected. It is not typical for us to have any area of our hotel not spick and span. I'm sorry that during your stay, we had a hiccup with our pool area. At Hampton we stand behind our 100% Guarantee. Friendly Service, clean rooms, comfortable surroundings, every time. If you’re not satisfied, we don’t expect you to pay. That’s our commitment & your guarantee. We would love to have you stay with us again the next time that you are in the Joliet area so that you can experience our great pool & whirlpool and also give us the opportunity to earn your fifth star.
Thanks again,

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Comfort Inn across the street was much cheaper, but of a lower quality. I am not sure why I need 200 characters to complete my review, but I will type this to get my 200 characters. Whatever. God d@mn! I am still not at 200 characters. I will try again!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear James E,
First of all, I would like to thank you for your review. Second, I would also like to apologize that it was such a difficult process. The review format is not set up by the hotel itself, but by TripAdvisor. I'm hoping that your review and others like it may help to make the review process easier for future travelers. All of us at the hotel love hearing our guests feedback. Positive and Negative feedback is what helps us all to give better service to all our guests and that is what we aim for.
I am happy that you enjoyed the quality of our hotel and would like to invite you back the next time that travel brings you to Joliet.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

This AAA rated three diamond hotel was very impressive. It was upscale, well maintained grounds and interior. The full breakfast had all the expected items and the staff kept it properly available. At the clerk's desk there were breakfast bags to go. The room was appropriately designed with a ref and micro. Lobby copies of the Wall Street Journal was available along with copies of the USA Today to take. Freshly baked cookies were available nightly. I was also impressed by the sports stations available- ESPN News, NBC Sports, NFL Network, Comcast Sportsnet, Big Ten Network, ESPNU, ESPN2 and Golf.

Room Tip: This is a four story structure wit inside corridors.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Sales_Manager_0, Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Joliet I-80, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Dear LenEvanston,
Thank you for sharing your comments with us and other fellow travelers on Trip Advisor. We’re delighted that you enjoyed your stay, and hope that you’ll come back to visit us the next time that travel brings you to Joliet. From all of us at the Hampton Inn Joliet I80, thank you!

Reviewed 1 May 2014

our current stay at this particular Hampton Inn was very satisfying and relaxing. Our overall experience from check-in to check-out went very well. Breakfast had good choices along with good quality. Rooms like always were very clean and well kept. Please come and stay if you are looking for quality.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Sales_Manager_0, Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Joliet I-80, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Dear Richard B,
Thank you for your nice review! I am happy to hear that you found your stay with us to be relaxing and enjoyable. I'm also happy that you were able to enjoy our great hot buffet breakfast! Our entire team is grateful to have earned your recommendation to others traveling to Joliet. We look forward to seeing you again the next time that you are in Joliet. Please let us know if there is ever anything we can do to make your stay even more enjoyable.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

I liked everything except the pool was kind of crowded so I skipped it the first night and had no time later. About the only thing I didn't like was the price. The staff are what make this a pleasant place. The breakfast was ordinary but the lady kept trying to help with fresh coffee and finding skim milk and fresh fruit.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Sales_Manager_0, Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Joliet I-80, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Dear ChicagoCapecodder,
Thank you for your review. We really appreciate all your comments ~ we take into consideration all feedback...good and bad and try to make ourselves better from it!! So, Thank you!!
I am happy to hear that you found our staff to be very helpful during your stay. Our teammates pride themselves in their great customer service skills. Your acknowledgement of their efforts and your kind words will make their day. We would love to have you stay with us again the next time that you are in the area. Since your weren't able to experience our pool or whirlpool during this trip, make sure to bring your swimsuit again so you can enjoy them next time :)

Hope to see you soon,

Reviewed 29 April 2014

It was a nice hotel and nicely located on the west side of Chicago. The room was more pricey than any of the other Hampton Inn places we have stayed… This was surprising to us and a bit of a concern… However, it was clean and the staff were quite nice.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Sales_Manager_0, Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Joliet I-80, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Dear Jill A,
First of all, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent stay at our hotel. I am sorry that you feel our rooms were priced higher than some of the other Hampton Inns that you have visited. Each Hampton Inn has it prices dictated upon it's market. We do try and keep our prices inline and competitive with other Joliet hotels. We also pride ourselves in meeting and exceeding our guest's expectations which sets us apart from our competitors. I was both surprised and disappointed to hear that you felt that the service and quality of our hotel did not fall inline with the price in which you expected to pay.
I am happy that you found our hotel to be clean and our staff to be friendly. We pride ourselves in the quality & cleanliness of our hotel and the friendliness of our teammates. I am happy to hear that we succeeded in this! We would love to have you stay with us again the next time travel brings you to Joliet so that we can have the opportunity to earn your 5 star rating.
Thank you again for sharing your feedback ~ we truly value your comments!

Reviewed 28 April 2014

This Hampton Inn is part of a compound of chain hotels clustered just off I-80 in Joliet. Why stay here? Accommodations were predictable - which is a good thing. But the included-breakfast truly stood out. Between our large group (in the area for an organization meeting), several other groups and miscellaneous travelers, the breakfast nook was hopping at 7AM. Attentive & pleasant staff were refilling, cleaning up and generally making themselves useful. While most breakfast offerings in these situations are of the "just add water" variety, we were surprised to find the oatmeal to be freshly made from real oats - not instant - with a nice complement of brown sugar and raisins.

OK, so maybe fresh oatmeal is not a reason to choose one hotel over another. However, I believe this attention to a detail was indicative of the operation of the entire place and I'm using it as an example. If you're looking for a reason to choose one chain over the other, maybe the oatmeal will help you make up your mind.

Room Tip: Backing up to I-80, we'd recommend requesting a room on the front of the hotel and an upper floo...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Sales_Manager_0, Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Joliet I-80, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear Flatlanders,
Thanks for sharing your feedback about your recent stay at our hotel. We're so glad that you selected our Hampton while visiting Joliet. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast options. We try and offer a wide variety of items at our breakfast, because as they say, it is the most important meal of the day :)

We want to make sure that everyone has a great start to their morning. If you are ever in a hurry in the morning and can't quite make time for breakfast , all Hamptons also provide "On the run breakfast bags" to take with you for the road. Each bag contains a bottle of water, a muffin, a cereal bar, an apple and mints!

We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again the next time you come to Joliet. Please let us know if there is ever anything that we can do to improve your stay .