“It’s a Hampton Inn - What'd you Expect?”

Hampton Inn by Hilton Joliet I-80
Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Joliet
Reviewed 25 October 2009

Another Hampton Inn and another great stay. Although the room was a little on the smaller side, it was still good enough for our stay. The property was situated in a hotel/motel cluster right off of 80 (with some industry around it) and there were no noise issues. The area was safe and the room was modern, clean and very nice, as expected. Also, at $84/night w/ AAA, it was a bargin. Overall, an excellent place that I recommend.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank HemiCharger

Reviewed 9 July 2009

Very nice facility. Very nice rooms, good breakfast, nice pool with hot tub (they even provide beach balls and kick-boards!). Excellent value, especially for a holiday weekend. I travel through Joliet once or twice a year to visit family, and I will certainly consider staying here again.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank cvanwyn
Reviewed 17 December 2008

This a terrific hotel with excellent customer service and clean rooms. The staff is beyond friendly and helpful! The rooms were comfortable and very clean. The flat screen tv's in the rooms are an added bonus! The pool is very nice and the breakfast was simple but delicious. The staff goes above and beyond to make sure you are comfortable and that you have a great stay. We had our wedding near Joliet and stayed there as we are from out of town. We were greeted with a bottle of champagne and chocolates! I can't begin to tell you how wonderful the staff was to us! Special thank you to Kim, Karen Y. and all the desk clerks and housekeeping staff for a great weekend. We'll be back! If your going to Joliet or just passing through you won't be disappointed with a stay at the Hampton Inn. A great experience! Thank you!

• Stayed: November 2008
1  Thank mia_38n99
Reviewed 12 November 2008

We stayed at the Hampton I80 three nights nights .. We were in Joliet for a wedding and this was a perfect location for us .. Rooms were comfortable and clean.. A little noise from the highway -- but hey ,, that is what happens when you want to be near your exit..

Was having coffee in the cafe area and mentioned to a friend that the pool was cold.. A moment later the desk clerk Charlene walked over and said she had heard me mention pool was cold .. She told me should would speak with the pool keeper and had the temp turned up to 88 for us .. What a sweet thing to do..

Breakfast is offered every morning -- the food service staff is very helpful. Fast food restaurants were right across the street and there was also a Cracker Barrel within walking distance.

ALSO - we were given a coupon for a free pizza to be delivered by a national chain-- along with paper plates and napkins.. In that same package was an invitation to join them in the lobby for a movie and a bag of microwave popcorn.. These coupons were offered to every room- not just ours

They staff at Hampton I-80 is really the "CAN DO" staff.

We will stay there again when in Illinois.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank wolfsong328
Reviewed 23 July 2008

We stop in Joliet on our way back from Canada to Iowa. I have stayed at this hotel before and it was nice then, but it actually got nicer.
The staff is very friendly. The rooms are all newly decorated, with a nice duvet and a comfy bed. Breakfast is Continental, but this time also included sausage and biscuits. More than enough choices for everyone.
This is the only hotel that has floaties and pool toys for the kids. I love that. Who brings a beach ball to a hotel? My son had a blast playing football with his father. The pool area was very clean.
They also have % off deals with local restaurants. 20% with Dominos pizza...a nice touch.
I can't say enough. I would certainly recommend staying at this hotel if you need to be by the highway

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank canuck_02
Reviewed 6 January 2008

The hotel was renovated in 2007, and it shows. The decor, carpets, colors, fabrics, all looked and felt like a brand new hotel.

This Hampton was clean and fresh-smelling throughout. The free breakfast was good: bagels and muffins, fresh fruit, cold cereals, plus 2-3 varieties of good coffees.

Our room was quite large, and well appointed with a 42-inch flat-screen TV, a proper work desk with plenty of outlets and a data port. (Free high-speed connection, but I didn't try it.) Wi-Fi in the lobby.

Hampton has obviously given a lot of thought to amenities. The bathroom is big with lots of counter space and shelves. Our room had a small fridge. Even the clock radio was easy to use.

Our "Cloud Nine" king bed was very soft and comfortable with lots of soft bedding. Note, the Cloud Nine (like the Sweet Sleeper, or similar) might be a bit too soft for some.

Friendly staff at check-in, and ample parking.

Stayed: December 2007
1  Thank bwoodward99
Reviewed 21 February 2007

The hotel was being renovated during our stay. Although, the staff was very apologetic for the "inconvenience", we had a very comfortable stay! (No apologies needed!) The beds were very comfy as were the pillows. The room and bedding and bathroom were all very clean and fresh smelling.
Breakfast was included in our price and was delicious! Lots of options. We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled with family