“Great Hotel, Excellent Breakfast”

Hampton Inn by Hilton Joliet I-80
Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Joliet
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great Hotel, Excellent Breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2010

I've stayed in plenty of Hampton Inns over the years, all of which have been clean and pleasant places to stay. This hotel was no exception. Both rooms were clean and quiet, even with the hotel being booked by a large group on the first night I stayed in Joliet. Room decor is fresh and modern, with the desk and beds being especially nice. There are HDTVs in the rooms but none of the stations seemed to be in HD. The hotel is very easy to access and located in a good area of town. There are a few restaurants nearby, including Cracker Barrel and McDonald's, and an even larger selection plus a mall just a few miles down the road. The folks at the desk were friendly and made the registration process a breeze. The best part of the hotel is the breakfast buffet--nearly every type of breakfast food is available, including hot items (waffles, eggs, etc), donuts, and fresh fruit. The breakfast area is also quite nice. The only drawbacks were the pool (which was cloudy on my visit, forcing me to skip it, although the pool area looked well-maintained otherwise) and the taste of the tap water, although this appears to be consistent across the Joliet area. This is definitely a great place to relax for a night and I would use this hotel again on a future trip to the midwest.

• Stayed June 2010

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Warwick, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2010

When I moved cross-country, this was my favorite stop along the way. The staff was friendly as could be, there was a Cracker Barrel next door, and when it snowed overnight, the cars were cleaned off in the morning.

Stayed April 2009
Northern NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2009

Another Hampton Inn and another great stay. Although the room was a little on the smaller side, it was still good enough for our stay. The property was situated in a hotel/motel cluster right off of 80 (with some industry around it) and there were no noise issues. The area was safe and the room was modern, clean and very nice, as expected. Also, at $84/night w/ AAA, it was a bargin. Overall, an excellent place that I recommend.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank HemiCharger
Belmont, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2009

Very nice facility. Very nice rooms, good breakfast, nice pool with hot tub (they even provide beach balls and kick-boards!). Excellent value, especially for a holiday weekend. I travel through Joliet once or twice a year to visit family, and I will certainly consider staying here again.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank cvanwyn
Pontiac, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2008

This a terrific hotel with excellent customer service and clean rooms. The staff is beyond friendly and helpful! The rooms were comfortable and very clean. The flat screen tv's in the rooms are an added bonus! The pool is very nice and the breakfast was simple but delicious. The staff goes above and beyond to make sure you are comfortable and that you have a great stay. We had our wedding near Joliet and stayed there as we are from out of town. We were greeted with a bottle of champagne and chocolates! I can't begin to tell you how wonderful the staff was to us! Special thank you to Kim, Karen Y. and all the desk clerks and housekeeping staff for a great weekend. We'll be back! If your going to Joliet or just passing through you won't be disappointed with a stay at the Hampton Inn. A great experience! Thank you!

• Liked — Customer service and clean rooms
  • Disliked — There was nothing to complain about!
  • Stayed November 2008
1 Thank mia_38n99
Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2008

We stayed at the Hampton I80 three nights nights .. We were in Joliet for a wedding and this was a perfect location for us .. Rooms were comfortable and clean.. A little noise from the highway -- but hey ,, that is what happens when you want to be near your exit..

Was having coffee in the cafe area and mentioned to a friend that the pool was cold.. A moment later the desk clerk Charlene walked over and said she had heard me mention pool was cold .. She told me should would speak with the pool keeper and had the temp turned up to 88 for us .. What a sweet thing to do..

Breakfast is offered every morning -- the food service staff is very helpful. Fast food restaurants were right across the street and there was also a Cracker Barrel within walking distance.

ALSO - we were given a coupon for a free pizza to be delivered by a national chain-- along with paper plates and napkins.. In that same package was an invitation to join them in the lobby for a movie and a bag of microwave popcorn.. These coupons were offered to every room- not just ours

They staff at Hampton I-80 is really the "CAN DO" staff.

We will stay there again when in Illinois.

• Liked — friendly staff and great central location for the wedding we were attending
  • Disliked — The eggs at breakfast
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled with family
2 Thank wolfsong328
iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2008

We stop in Joliet on our way back from Canada to Iowa. I have stayed at this hotel before and it was nice then, but it actually got nicer.
The staff is very friendly. The rooms are all newly decorated, with a nice duvet and a comfy bed. Breakfast is Continental, but this time also included sausage and biscuits. More than enough choices for everyone.
This is the only hotel that has floaties and pool toys for the kids. I love that. Who brings a beach ball to a hotel? My son had a blast playing football with his father. The pool area was very clean.
They also have % off deals with local restaurants. 20% with Dominos pizza...a nice touch.
I can't say enough. I would certainly recommend staying at this hotel if you need to be by the highway

• Liked — nice bed and fluffy pillows
  • Disliked — slow elevator
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family