“Excellent- Don't look elsewhere”

Hampton Inn by Hilton Joliet I-55
Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Joliet
Cincinnati, OH
“Excellent- Don't look elsewhere”
Reviewed 17 January 2010

My family and I stayed at the Hampton Inn (Mall Loop Drive) on Jan 15-16, 2010. Attention to detail was the key at this hotel. The room was modern, clean, and comfortable. My three year old liked the rubber ducky that was left for her in the bathroom. The front desk staff went out of their way to be friendly and helpful. The free breakfast was a great bonus. It was mostly a continental type with a few hot foods. We enjoyed the indoor pool/hot tub and the free cookies that were served. Perfect stay!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Anchorage, AK
Reviewed 22 June 2009

We're staying here as I type this. Tonight is the fourth and final night here. First, the cable tv went out for the better part of 24 hours. Then the elevator stopped working, and our room was on the 3rd floor. The elevator was out most of the day, and returned to service that night. This is a serious issue for us, as my MIL doesn't do stairs very well anymore, and she cannot climb 3 flights. Then the elevator went out again this morning. It is the only elevator in the building. So we asked to be moved to a room on the 1st floor. Well, after moving all the stuff down stairs manually (thanks Hampton I-55 for not helping us with the move), we discovered that the room they gave us smelled badly of smoke. We went back to the front desk to ask for another room. "Oh, but our entire hotel is non-smoking". Right---then why do some rooms have no-smoking icons on the door and others do not? Anyways, they didn't have another room to give to us, so we were able to leave all of our stuff in this smoky dank room while we out and enjoyed Chicago for the day. Came back tonight, and they had given us another room. Guess what? IT SMELLED EVEN WORSE OF SMOKE. Okay, back to the front desk. Right there, on the desk, it says "if you're not 100% satisfied, we don't expect you to pay for the room". Well, we'd had enough. My MIL has a medical condition which requires a non-smoking room. Time to move to room #4. Finally, a good, non-smoky non-smoking room. Thanks! We won't know if it's free or not until tomorrow, because the front desk needs to call a manager to get permission to do that, and, well, other customers were calling in to make reservations.....This is a bad hotel which could be an excellent hotel if they actually cared about customer service. Find someplace else to stay folks!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Muskeg
Memphis, TN
Reviewed 28 May 2009

From the minute we arrived at this hotel, we were treated with the highest levels of customer service. They gave us information about nearby attractions, food, as well as a rather long list of places that would give us discounts just by showing our room key. The lobby was clean, fresh-smelling, and inviting. There was only one elevator, but that did not delay us one time during our four-night stay.

We had a room with 2 Queen beds, and they had the absolutely amazing new Hampton Inn bedding. Turns out this hotel was renovated not too long ago, but the price was still a steal! The free internet worked great, used it every day and it never went out. The A/C was a blast chiller, which was real plus for me as I get hot easily. I loved the little work area with its dark wood paneling and plenty of room for my laptop and mouse, camera, phone charger, etc.

The free breakfasts were A+ every day, and the staff were so attentive that it blew my mind. What an excellent experience. i also need to mention that the Housekeeping staff were great. I was in the hotel room a lot and they were so unobtrusive and yet thorough.

The pool was nothing big, but it was nice and warm and the whirlpool was amazing. I love the added touch of having an indoor pool, and it was open till 11 which is an hour later than many hotels. There were towels available galore, and this was another little added plus.

To sum up: a great value, tremendously comfortable room, attentive staff, and hearty breakfast. I have no complaints, and would stay there again in a second.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends
ryotolover
Reviewed 23 December 2008

We opted to go for the Romance Package with the Whirlpool suite and it was absolutely amazing! The room was very huge! There was a sofa with a pull-out bed, a huge bed to get lost in, a nice business desk with easily accessible outlets, and much much more! The romance package is great! They give us a large bottle of sparkling wine and Starbucks dark chocolate with truffles. Some fixtures were a little loose but they were easily fixed. We loved the Whirlpool in-room jacuzzi so much that we didn't even touch the shower. The jacuzzi is great but the on/off button for the jets is very sensitive. The jets could be easily turned on while entering the jacuzzi, so you might want to watch out. The robes are also a nice touch. They offer some great items but be cautious before taking home anything that you didn't bring with you. We found the room so enjoyable and relaxing that we decided to order pizza.
The only major problem was that the room was extremely cold! We slept under the blankets because the chill was too extreme. The cold gusts through the AC/Heater Unit made the room very uncomfortable. Make sure your room is on the side away from I-55.
-The date on the pictures is incorrect.-

• Liked — The overall theme and value
  • Disliked — The COLD! (Not the hotels fault)
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
UK
Reviewed 20 September 2008

We stayed here for two nights. The room was immaculately clean and well equipped. It had a big TV, iron, hairdryer- fluffy towels, coffee machine and 2 big double beds.

The staff were helpful and polite. We were pleasantly surprised by the buffet: breakfast- fruit-yoghurts- bagels- danish- english muffins- 2 cooked egg dishes-cereals- fresh juice - coffee and teas. There is a small swimming pool (and whirlpool ) which we enjoyed.. The rubber duck was a humorous touch.

Primarily we stopped here so we could get into Chicago downtown- it takes 20 minutes to drive to the Metra station in Joliet and 1 hour 20 mins rail journey into the city from there.

As Brits we were not used to the noise from the air con - but we got used to it eventually- its right next to the I55 -[but you can't hear the traffic over the air con] and easy to pick up on route 66.

We will stay in Hampton Inns again - loved it !

• Liked — very clean, good free internet access
  • Disliked — a bit too far from downtown chicago
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 17 February 2008

Amazing Hotel....Could of paid 200 a night for a like room!
B-Fast was amazing, staff was great, amazing beds...

For 85 a night, perfect....can't sing enough praise for the place.

• Stayed February 2008, travelled as a couple
Deer Park, Texas
Reviewed 14 December 2007

I stay here pretty often and I have never had an issue. This is a really great Hampton Inn. I just stayed here again this week for two nights and had a great stay. Super clean, new rooms. HD TV's. THey give you little rubber duckies (yes, rubber duckies) in the bathroom and I always bring them home for the rug rat. This is what Hampton promises (above and beyond) but does not always provide.

• Liked — Everything
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled on business