“Up to snuff and friendly”

Fairfield Inn Joliet South
Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Joliet
Carson City, NV
“Up to snuff and friendly”
Reviewed 25 December 2013

We stayed there on Christmas Eve nite. They tried very hard to make it a pleasant stay on such a difficult night by having potato soup and cupcakes at 4 - 6 PM. We expected lean pickings at breakfast on Christmas morning just because there were very few guests but were wrong. The meal offerings were complete and well done. I particularly appreciated the bowl of cut-up fruit instead of having just carbohydrates as one often finds. In addition, there were scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy, waffles, cold cereal, and a number of yoghurt types. Good job.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
JuliaGarvey, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Joliet South, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Hello Fantumfighter,

Thank you so much for the kind words about our hotel and team! I am very happy you enjoyed our Christmas Eve treats, and our breakfast. We hope to see you again when in town, and have a very Happy New Year!

Julia Garvey

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 11 December 2013

From check in to check out, this place was amazing! The staff was so helpful and welcoming. I stayed with my family and after a long day of driving we were in without hassle. We recieved a goodie bag too upon arrival and fresh cookies and soup too! Which was nice because we wanted to settle and relax in the room a little bit before we had to leave again. Always a smile and "how are you doing" from the ALL the staff! The room was clean and smelled fantastic as well. A comfortable nights sleep and a variety to choose from in the morning for breakfast. The christmas decorations were a nice touch and gave the hotel character. Very friendly! We will absolutley be staying here i the future!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
JuliaGarvey, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Joliet South, responded to this review, 21 December 2013
Dear Alisa,

I'm so thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! We really want all of our guests to be able to check in with ease and kick back and relax while staying with us. This hotel is our home away from home, and we want you to feel the same way, so I am so glad to hear you enjoyed our Christmas decorations! We hope to see you and your family again really soon!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 7 December 2013

We made a reservation to stay at your hotel. We ended up cancelling the reservation because one of the managers put someone else's name on our reservation with our credit card attached to the reservation. We made the reservation on September 28, 2013 and didn't find out about this until December 7, 2013. How did we find out? Luckily an automated email was sent to my husband and we were able to take action. We have cancelled the credit card after calling our credit card company and going through all of the charges and statements. But, why weren't we called by the hotel if one of the managers thought there was a problem. To my knowledge the manager would have to go into the reservation and manually change the names. If that was necessary why wasn't the card unattached to the reservation and again, why didn't my husband receive a phone call? A phone call would have been more than appropriate and I sincerely don't understand if it was an innocent 'mistake'. I can't help but believe something else was going on here and but by the grace of God it didn't go any further. And, don't tell me I'm being suspicious and ridiculous unless you have been a victim of identity theft. I can say from experience, it is a long and arduous task to untangle the mess other people can cause to something that wasn't theirs in the first place. I am highly disappointed and we will not be using this hotel again.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Hello Nicole!

It was so great talking with your husband yesterday about your concerns. I am so glad we were able to clear everything up and again I'm so sorry for the confusion! Let me know if there is anything else I can do for you! Please send my best to Early, and have a great holiday and New Year!

Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Was booked for 2 nights and checked out after 1 night. Facility is worn down and a number of dogs were barking through the night. In my room the caulk around the tub and sink looked like it had been put on with a butter knife. Carpet was worn and the property is in dire need of a overhaul. No work out room. Staff was friendly and was understanding on leaving.

Room Tip: Go to The adjacent Marriot property - newer - cheaper - nicer!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
JuliaGarvey, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Joliet South, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Hello Jeffrey C,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We really appreciate all guest feedback. I would like to apologize for the barking dogs you heard while staying with us. We are a pet friendly hotel and we try to ensure all two legged and four legged guests are on their best behavior so that everyone can have an enjoyable stay. I am sorry you were not pleased with the condition of our facility. Our seasoned team takes pride in ensuring every guest feels at home while staying with us and I am happy to see you think our staff is friendly and understanding. Each of our associates sincerely enjoys meeting and getting to know each of our guests, so I am happy we were able to have you as a guest even if only for one night. Our hotel does not have on site fitness, but we do offer complimentary passes to the YMCA three blocks away. I know if I can't get my daily workout in I'm not a happy camper, so our guests are able to use the YMCA's entire facility while staying with us for free. I hope you enjoyed your time in Joliet, and thank you again for your feedback.

Clifton Park, New York
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Having just stayed in a Springhill Suites a night ago, this was a drop down. Pretty old place. Floors not level, and creeky. Quite a few miles on this baby, and from another era. Front entrance is tiny. Front desk is cramped. No ice or vending on each of the floors, just soda and ice on the first floor. The indoor pool did looked clean and inviting, but we did not use it. Carpet and furnishings in the room were dated. The air conditioning worked fine and kept out some of the traffic noise from the interstate. Breakfast was adequate and included the obligitory watery powdered scrambled eggs. Next time I would stay at the Town Place Suites (by Marriott) which is next door and appears to be much newer.

Room Tip: I like the top floor. The creeky floors affect the people below me, but there are no people above m...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
JuliaGarvey, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Joliet South, responded to this review, 8 October 2013
Hello John I,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am happy to see you enjoyed the breakfast and that the pool and hot tub looked clean and inviting. We hope that we made you feel at home while staying here. We strive to excel at our customer service in spite of our not so brand new building. Our team knows the value of a person touch and we want to ensure you feel like part of our family. Thanks again for the feedback and we do hope to see you again in the future!

Sincerly,
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 2 September 2013

The hotel was well-kept and the staff was friendly. My husband and I were only there for one night but, we thought the room was large/clean (just a little on the dark side) and the bed was pretty comfortable. We had free breakfast in the morning and to our surprise, there were many options to choose from. The whole experience was positive and I would definitely stay again when in the area. Also, I used Marriott Reward points so, my stay was free (BONUS)!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Hello af_martini,

Thanks for the great feedback! I’m very pleased to hear that our staff was friendly and provided you with a clean and comfortable room. When staying with us you are like family! I am also glad to hear that you were able to take advantage of your Marriott Reward points! We are excited that we now get to provide our guests with a yummy variety of hot and continental breakfast items. Looking forward to seeing you again! Have a great weekend!

General Manger
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 24 June 2013

The hotel was clean, and the staff was friendly. When we arrived they gave us a gift bag for being a Marriot reward member.

They had nachos available around 5pm which are kids were excited about. The free breakfast was nice with waffles, biscuits and gravy, and variety of other foods.

The pool, and hot tub were clean.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
JuliaGarvey, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Joliet South, responded to this review, 29 August 2013
Hello R P,

We are grateful for your review of the Joliet South Fairfield Inn! It’s good to hear that you enjoyed the gift bag! We feel that our Marriott reward members should be recognized and appreciated. Our team works very hard to ensure that our hotel is clean and comfortable for all of our guests. See you next time. Have a great day!