“Maulers Hockey Team”

Fairfield Inn Joliet South
Ranked #11 of 24 Hotels in Joliet
Reviewed 4 March 2014

The hotel was Awesome! Julia Garvey ,Roseanna Eubanks and the staff run a fantastic hotel. I always bring a hockey team and its a perfect. The pool and lobby is just the right size for our team to gather in. The staff put together "goodie bags" for the whole team. This is the only place to stay when traveling to the area.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
JuliaGarvey, Manager at Fairfield Inn Joliet South, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Hi Michael M,
It was a pleasure to have the team stay with us. I am very happy that our staff took such good care of them. Looking forward to seeing everyone next year!

Reviewed 3 March 2014

Upon check in the girls at the front desk was very friendly and did her job well. I didn't go right up to my room, I went to eat and such. When I returned I grabbed my bags and went upstairs, when I tried to enter the room the key did not work. So returned to the desk and got some new keys. Overall the hallways lobby are ok, but show signs of wear and could use a good cleaning and some updating. My room was ok, again some carpet stains and could really use an update and a good cleaning. Now my biggest issue was how the room itself was cleaned. Carpet was poorly vacuumed, no bags in the garbage cans, and worst off all a not so clean bathroom. Toilet was clearly not cleaned and neither was the floor (finger nail clippings on the floor). I ventured to the pool area and again it's dated and had that not so fresh smell and a pet peeve of mine an empty rack of where the pool towels should have been. I did tell them about about my issues and got the "Oh we are so sorry, we'll talk to house keeping. Overall this location just really doesn't live up to the "Marriott Fairfield Inn" name.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
JuliaGarvey, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Joliet South, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Hello Travel2much2014,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us. I am happy to read you though our front desk staff was friendly. I am sorry to see that you did encounter some issues with your room and the pool area. This is certainly not my expectation for our guest’s experience. I would love to talk with you further about these problems so please contact me directly if you would like to at julia.garvey@pillarhotels.com. Have a great day!

Reviewed 21 February 2014

Great place to stay! Enjoyed the benefits of staying at Fairfield Inn. Good location, close to good restaurants and other entertainment. Very good staff, we will be staying here again in the future! Good breakfast and snaks. Thx to all the Staff!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Hi there Donald C,
Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to tell us about your experience. It is good to know that you were able to take advantage of the local attractions in our area as well. Thanks again and have a wonderful day.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

My company put on an event at Rt. 66 Raceway during July and this was one of our host hotels. The staff was always pleasant and hospitable. Our rooms were clean and comfortable. The breakfast was good and the evening snack was a great plus when we would get home from the track. This is a smaller lobby area than other Fairfiled properties, but that gave it a lot more of a homier felling. We all enjoyed our stay and look forward to coming back year after year.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
JuliaGarvey, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Joliet South, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Hi Sharon C,
Thank you for the review! It is very nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our team strives to ensure our guests feel like family. It is always a pleasure when your team stays with us. Can’t wait to see you next year!

Reviewed 21 February 2014

our race team stayed here while attending the races-enjoyed every moment of our stay. staff, location ,rooms,food was wonderful. this was our second year to stay here and we'll be back again this year.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends

Hello Judylcarver,
Thank you for the wonderful review! It is so nice to hear that you enjoyed every moment of your stay with us. It is very important to us to make sure all of our guests feel at home. Can’t wait to see you all next year!

Reviewed 25 December 2013

We stayed there on Christmas Eve nite. They tried very hard to make it a pleasant stay on such a difficult night by having potato soup and cupcakes at 4 - 6 PM. We expected lean pickings at breakfast on Christmas morning just because there were very few guests but were wrong. The meal offerings were complete and well done. I particularly appreciated the bowl of cut-up fruit instead of having just carbohydrates as one often finds. In addition, there were scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy, waffles, cold cereal, and a number of yoghurt types. Good job.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
JuliaGarvey, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Joliet South, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Hello Fantumfighter,

Thank you so much for the kind words about our hotel and team! I am very happy you enjoyed our Christmas Eve treats, and our breakfast. We hope to see you again when in town, and have a very Happy New Year!

Reviewed 11 December 2013

From check in to check out, this place was amazing! The staff was so helpful and welcoming. I stayed with my family and after a long day of driving we were in without hassle. We recieved a goodie bag too upon arrival and fresh cookies and soup too! Which was nice because we wanted to settle and relax in the room a little bit before we had to leave again. Always a smile and "how are you doing" from the ALL the staff! The room was clean and smelled fantastic as well. A comfortable nights sleep and a variety to choose from in the morning for breakfast. The christmas decorations were a nice touch and gave the hotel character. Very friendly! We will absolutley be staying here i the future!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
JuliaGarvey, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Joliet South, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2013

Dear Alisa,

I'm so thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! We really want all of our guests to be able to check in with ease and kick back and relax while staying with us. This hotel is our home away from home, and we want you to feel the same way, so I am so glad to hear you enjoyed our Christmas decorations! We hope to see you and your family again really soon!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!