“Friendly, helpful staff & clean”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Joliet North/Plainfield
Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Joliet
Boulder, Colorado
“Friendly, helpful staff & clean”
Reviewed 22 January 2013

Everyone on staff was very courteous and helpful. Room was clean and quiet. Pool area was great place to relax after a long day of driving. While clean and well kept, the building and rooms are a bit dated. I wouldn't hesitate to return there should I find myself in Joilet again.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Ginarcamer0n

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 4 January 2013

This property is a perfect example of deluxe Marriott standards at a very reasonable cost. Located nicely at a major I-55 interchange, across from a major Westfield mall, the Fairfield is THE place to stay in this area whether it be for business , pleasure, or just a quick stopover. One primary reason I like this property so much is the hotel staff. Extremely friendly, efficient, and professional. We had a personal situation/problem which was instantly understood, responded to, and completely mitigated by the hotel staff. Could not have been done better.
The indoor pool is great for families with restless kids (especially in the winter months) as well as adults who just want to relax. The free breakfast buffet is excellent and includes fresh waffles, scrambled eggs, and sausage patties....as well as cereals, breads, juices, etc.- and the breakfast area was kept spotlessly clean. The room was equally clean, quiet, and comfortable with all necessary amenities provided. Free coffee in the room and food from room service is available via a local restaurant with a wide array of choices at decent prices. This Fairfield is a property Marriott can be very proud of.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank pagmeister
Des Moines, Iowa, United States
Reviewed 31 August 2012

This hotel was #6 on the list of top 10 hotels in Joliet according to one web search. I tried several different hotels to reserve a room to no avail. Took this because it was available and had a pool (three young travelers with me!). Late check in, no problem. Front desk staff was helpful and efficient. Decor seem very updated and modern; oranges, browns, golds. For I-80 travelers, very far north from that Interstate. Pool nice, clean & warm! But rather pricey in my opinion.

Room Tip: Only one elevator; hard to manuever luggage cart into and out of.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Connecticut
Reviewed 15 April 2012

I selected this hotel for a Marriott promotion and was pleasantly surprised. Even though Marriott classifies this hotel a rewards category 2, it compares favorably with hotels rated at category 3. The hotel was very clean and the hotel staff was friendly. They had an indoor pool with a small fitness center. The hotel's location is close to the Louis Joliet mall but if you're a light sleeper, you might want to consider another location as I could hear the highway traffic from my room. It was a warm night and the air conditioning either wasn't working or they hadn't turn it on yet. The best I could manage was keeping the fan on all night. I did mention it to the front desk on the way out.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank bob_96
Council Bluffs, Iowa
Reviewed 26 March 2012

We generally stay in the Marriot chain when we travel. This hotel was our second choice on a recent trip. It is in need of updating. If we hadn't been using our points to stay, we would have been reluctant to pay the typical Fairfield Inn rate. Sleeping was tough as there was a great deal of noise coming from other rooms. In fairness, the hotel was very full when we stayed.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
JolietFFS_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Joliet North/Plainfield, responded to this review, 30 March 2012
Thank you for your feedback. Since your stay in January 2012 we have completed our renovation. Guest satisfaction is our main priority and we are always looking for ways to improve as well as making sure any issues get resolved. We hope that with our continued efforts to improve and our newly remodeled Fairfield Inn & Suites you will be considering us for your next visit to Joliet.
Kokomo, Indiana
Reviewed 12 March 2012

Fine and clean but nothing outstanding. Received discounted price thru priceline so it was nice for the price I got around $40. I would not spend the Marriott price on this property. Nice flat screen tv's and clean rooms, small lobby and breakfest area, non-remarkable pool area, average "express" motel that's why if price is inportant to you try to find a deal or another location.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
Thank you for your feedback. I apologize you had a negative experience at our hotel and I want to assure you that these issues have been addressed. Since your stay in September 2011 we have done a complete renovation to the property. The lobby has been expanded to seat 25-30 people and the pool has also been completely renovated. We hope with our continued efforts to improve, you will keep the Joliet Fairfield Inn & Suites in mind next time you stay in the area.
Reminderville, oh
Reviewed 11 February 2012

Spent a total of 4 weeks there within 2 months while on business and each time was an excellent. Front desk staff were very helpful day or night, rooms were very clean and the beds are really comfortable. Very quiet and an excellent location. I could have stayed at other hotels closer to where I was working and did, however this was the cleanest, quietest, and safest hotel. Breakfast attendant was always sure she restocked items as needed and very cheerful. Loved the fresh baked cookies after returning there from a long day at work.LOL Headed back to Joliet this week and also at the end of the month, you can guess where I'll be staying!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business