“Best staff, and hotel in the area”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Joliet North/Plainfield
Ranked #10 of 22 Hotels in Joliet
Seminole, Oklahoma
“Best staff, and hotel in the area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

Once again, the whole experience was wonderful. Place is clean, and quiet, staff will bend over backwards to make your experience there a good one.
I travel alot and if I'm anywhere nearby, I will not stay anywhere else.

• Stayed April 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

Once again another excellent stay at this place. Everyone and everything is so nice there. And go out of there way to make your stat enjoyable. Maintenance man even let me borrow some tools to fix something on my car. I would highly recommend this place as Nick the GM, is definitely doing things right, and has assembled a AWESOME staff.
Rooms are always exceptionally clean, and it is a peaceful place to stay

• Stayed February 2014
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

I stayed here on a extended stay when I was working in the area, and several short trips also. The hotel was always clean, everything in working order, and the noise that has been mentioned, I never heard it.
Would like to commend Nick the GM on the job he does, and all of the people from the front desk to the housekeeping staff were absolutely wonderful, and I will definitely stay here again, and would recommend this place to anyone needing a room in the area.

• Stayed November 2013
Pekin, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

States here on business, the hotel has been upgraded and the rooms are clean and modern looking. The price is very reasonable and close to shopping and restaurants. The customer service was great and very helpful. I would recommend this hotel and would stay here again.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Washington, DC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

We stayed here for one night with several members of our family and were quite disappointed with our overall experience. We booked 2 king rooms and one junior suite. One of the king rooms in our party did not have a properly working air conditioner. We reported this immediately upon checking in and were told we could not change rooms because the hotel was sold out. This may have in fact been true, but we know that there were still several people who had not checked in yet, as we witnessed them arriving. Surely there was another room available at 3:30pm. As Marriott Elite members we expect better service. However, we did not push it further, instead we decided we would just deal with it for the one night. Later in the evening, when we went to make the sofa bed in our junior suite we discovered we did not have any pillows for that bed. We went down to the front desk and were told yet again, that because they were sold out they did not have any extra pillows. First of all, I don’t think needing 1-2 pillows for a sofa bed which we paid for constitutes “extra” pillows. An adequate number of pillows should have been in our room to begin with along with proper bedding – we only had one flimsy blanket for the pull out as well. We ended up having to use pillows from the king bed for the pullout sofa which is completely unsatisfactory. The final straw was being woken up at 7:40am on Saturday morning with pounding on the door by housekeeping to see if we were still in the room! Considering check-out is at 11:00am I still don’t understand why or how this happened. We immediately reported this to the Front Desk Manager who was very apologetic, but at that point there was really nothing they could do. Overall an extremely terrible experience. This hotel does not deserve the Marriott brand name. Do not stay here!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank schk
JolietFFS_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Joliet North/Plainfield, responded to this review, 1 August 2013
Dear schik,
Your feedback is truly appreciated for it is one of the most important tools that allows us to improve the quality of our services. I'm very sorry to hear about the frustrations that you experienced with our rooms during your stay with us. This is not typical of our facility and staff. I have discussed the issues you mentioned with my staff to make sure that we are more prepared should a situation like this arise in the future. Please reach out to me personally as I would like to make things right.
Nick, GM
ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for the weekend. Overall this is a great property. Good location, right off I-55 and near shopping and restaurants. Room was nice...clean and in good condition. Liked the mini fridge and microwave in the room. We had a room with 2 queen beds, chair with ottoman, and a table/desk area. This room was a good size...larger than a typical room.
I used the exercise room...everything was in good working order. Also used pool and hot tub...pool is a little small, typical indoor pool. Breakfast...typical offerings...waffle maker, cereals, scrambled eggs, fruit, pastries, etc.
Overall we had no issues and had a great stay. Would certainly stay here again.

Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2013

The hotel is a pretty standard small-sized Fairfield Inn. The lobby is sort of small and not very inviting. The rooms are fine though. The bed is a litlte harder than some of the Fairfield Inns I have stayed at. Since I end up getting backache at these other Fairfield Inns with soft beds, the bed here is great.

I got one of the upgraded rooms. It is pretty good. The bathroom is a little small and the curving shower rod makes the door not open all the way.

Staff is friendly and helpful but sometimes no one is at the front desk.

The hotel is next to I-55 and you do hear the noise from the highway - not very bad but you hear it. There are 2 other hotels right next door and I was told they had different owners.

Room Tip: The EVEN numbered rooms should be a little quieter (from the higway noise) but I would think you can...