“You get what you pay for”

Super 8 Joliet I-55 N/chicago

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 July 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Simply put this hotel lacks the care and maintenance that you find at competing hotels. Cabinets and bedding were faded and worn. Faucet on sink was barely functional. Toilet clogged if even a single Kleenex was flushed. Water in shower had a strange lemony-metallic smell for several minutes when first turned on. Breakfast was adequate at best (waffles, toast, cereal). Couldn't even get a banana for our three year old. These are not horror stories or items which ruined our trip, but these details created minor headaches that would be avoided elsewhere. I hope you fund this review helpful.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
SuperEightJoliet, General Manager at Super 8 Joliet I-55 N/chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

I am glad to say that the furniture and bedding are all being replaced this year. We hope you try us again in the future.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel while traveling in the Chicago area. After first entering the room, our attention was immediately drawn to the table where to-go boxes full of food were scattered all over. We went to the front desk and the attendant said he would take $10 off our room rate, but we had to stay in the room because it was the last they had. We had a hard time the rest of the stay due to constantly wondering what else the hotel cleaning staff would miss when cleaning the rooms. When we checked out the next day, they woman at the desk explained that the food was probably from someone staying in the room without the hotel knowing as it is very common for people to enter their establishment and stay in the rooms for lengthy amounts of time. So this hotel either has neglectful cleaning staff or intruders staying in the rooms without the hotel knowing. We will never be returning, I suggest you stay away also.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

I can assure the public that we do not have random people wandering into our hotel and staying for lengthy amounts of time. I apologize to this guest for getting false information.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
SuperEightJoliet, General Manager at Super 8 Joliet I-55 N/chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Reviewed 12 June 2014