“Magical, fun, a one-of-a-kind treehouse experience”
Main floor Kitchen
Kitchen
Bathroom
Loft
Living room
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 4 reviews

Reviews from our community

Theresa M
Kansas City, Missouri
“Magical, fun, a one-of-a-kind treehouse experience”
Reviewed 12 January 2014 for a stay in May 2013
people found this review helpful

My friend and I booked a treehouse for a stay in May 2013. Both of us are "big city" girls, but I'd traveled a bit in Southern Illinois and really thought the area was beautiful--so why not enjoy a few days here?

So glad we did! I'd never heard of a treehouse for adults, but the experience was so much fun. The location is quiet and peaceful, the stars at night were unbelievable--had never seen a sky so clear! The bed in the loft was super comfortable and my friend used the futon and said it was great. Every amenity--tv, full kitchen, outside grill, fire pit and unlimited firewood the owners are happy to restock for you. I especially enjoyed just sitting on the treehouse deck and enjoying nature--good for the soul!

If you're looking for a quiet getaway in beautiful ozarks-like country, try the treehouse experience for yourself--you won't be sorry. So glad we stayed!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: quiet location
Liked least: not very close to activities--but I knew that when I booked
Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Mommy-Tra...
Virginia
“Safe place for 4 & 6 year old to play without mommy on top of them”
Reviewed 12 July 2012 for a stay in June 2012
people found this review helpful

Okay I have to admit I grew up about 20 miles from here in another county. My mom grew up in this county. We haven't lived in Southern Illinois since the 80's. I can tell you that it feels like coming home though....kids catching lightening bugs (don't call them fireflies), catching craw daddy's (not called craw fish), and can I tell you how AMAZING the stars are? I haven't seen stars this bright (no city lights) since...well since the 80's. Okay Elizabeth and Marty are super nice...their son will come around and take your trash and deliver firewood. We got to roast marshmallows and tell scary stories to the kids. My beds in the loft (we stayed in the larger Cabin) were better than any hotel I have stayed in a very long time. Everything is very clean and smells like a new cabin when you walk in. It was very hot and the worst drought since 1988...so the A/C was working overtime. So it got a wee warm upstairs during the day..but we were out most of the time. By the time we went to bed it was fine with help of fans too. We stayed here for 6 days. For a couple of days my brother, wife and his 3 kids also stayed with us. My other brother brought his camper and hooked up near us. Elizabeth was so nice and worked with us to keep him close...loved it! I would highly recommend this place!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: It was so easy and smooth and very helpful
Liked least: The weather was very hot so it took the AC had trouble getting up to the loft...but it was not normal summer weather hot!
Travelling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
from
US$175
/ Night
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing