“Big suprise on my own front door”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Queen and Castle

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Queen and Castle
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Kenilworth
Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: This pub/restaurant should be included on trip advisor because it serves very average food and the staff are so rude. It relys on the tourist trade from the castle. They need warning away from it!
Kenilworth, United Kingdom
“Big suprise on my own front door”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013

We live 10 min walk away and have not eaten at the Q&C ever due to it being a pub/ steakhouse chain and we have over 17 places to eat for just a small town.
I was recommended to the Q&C by a friend otherwise I would have gone elswhere particually as it was my sons 18th birthday and for a small party of 5. There is a large car park next door and on arrival we were warmly greeted and the drinks served immediatly although the restaurant was quite full, a sure recommendation in itself. I had requested a table that was well lit due to my wife being registered blind and not only had they remembered but provided extra lighting on the table and I do thank the staff for that who were prompt efficient and brilliant throughout the evening. We were also offered the earley discount menu although it was just past 7pm.
The menu was quite varied and well priced and the bill for 5 was £110-00 without gratuity which I gladley gave(we had 5 mains 1 starter 1 sweet plus wine). The food itself was agreed by all was just superb but I have just one complaint and that the portion size of the belly of pork was tantalisingly too small.

John Chambers

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank 186398Johnchambers

Warwickshire
“Just a drink”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

Quiet tonight - beer fine but children behind bar - why? My wife asked - where were all the nice young men? Thought it might be feminist night

• Visited September 2013
Hong Kong, China
“absolutely dreadful”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

As per some previous comments this place should be avoided, the staff & management have no idea of proffessionalism or customer service whatsoever.
The is an open kitchen but unfortunately all that was revealed was the dramatic reaction, heavy sighs & brow mopping from the head chef each time an order was recieved: we saw some dishes sitting over minutes under the warming lights waiting to be delivered and waited over one hour for any food to be delivered to our table. Unfortunately any queries were referred to the manager who was rude and had no solution to speed things up, she only suggested we could either wait or leave.

• Visited July 2013
UK
“Great Food - Poor Service, sounds like M&B!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

Usual hit & miss chain experience in a Gastro 'destination' pub - victim of its own concept. Great menu choice, well priced but dreadfully let down by a slow kitchen output at peak times.

Shame - could be better but that would damage the profits!

• Visited August 2013
coventry
“Well worth a visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2012

We went here for lunch, and whilst its not cheap, the food is excellent and the staff very attentive. the puddings were all home made and to die for. I had the fish and chips and my husband had the steak, we had the fudge brownie and white chocolate creme Brulee.
Will definately go back.