“Unless a house has landed on the Manager don't stay here”

AmericInn Lodge & Suites Kewanee
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Kewanee
Reviewed 18 February 2011

We were in town for a funeral.
We were locked out of our room because the hotel had a safety lock improperly installed which caused them to have to break the door to get us back in our room.(We couldn't lock our door all night) I wish I could say that was the only problem . That was only the beginning of what we affectionally call the "Hotel from Hell". The TV reception went out in the entire hotel (and stayed out) no one seemed to care to call to have it fixed , There were bugs in their breakfast room , The entire place was less expected in cleanliness. this lodging looks decent in the pictures but not decent in reality.
Instead of a simple apology( which would have been all I was expecting) when I asked to finally talk to the day manager to let her know of the operational proplems when we went to check out. Here's the final insult; she treated me like it was somehow our fault that we where left in the hallway for over an hour while maintenance was trying to get into out room. She said when we closed the door we cause cross bar to malfunction. That is literally impossible to close the crossbar once you have left the room. By the way ,I own a "five star" rated hotel in another state . I know all to well things might happen , this was way beyond that.The maintenance man had said the night before they had been having problems with the security crossbars for some time. My best advise is,don't stay here for any reason.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Kewanee1, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Kewanee, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2012

We have recently made some changes in management. I would like to take a moment to Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at the AmericInn Kewanee. Our top priority is creating an environment in which our guests can relax, renew and recharge. We are truly sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my apologies for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay. Constructive feedback from our guests is crucial in our continued quest to provide unparalleled guest service and impeccably clean lodging accommodations.
Again, I apologize for any inconvenience which you experienced. It is our wish that you will continue to benefit from our excellent accommodations; exceptional guest service and that you will honor us with another opportunity to exceed your expectations. We are dedicated to providing the highest standards of service for our guest and I can assure you we will do everything we can to make your stay a comfortable and happy one. We look forward to serving you again in the future and will once again say, “Welcome to the end of the day”.

Reviewed 1 November 2010

I tried to check out early and was told I had to call my travel agent, who inturn was told I could not check out early, I figured a 72 hour advance would be enough notice, what a pain in the butt, plenty of other hotels that allow me to check out early with out being totally hasseled. Good job Amercinn, marriott here i come !

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business

We recently made some changes in management. I would like to take a moment to Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at the AmericInn Kewanee. Our top priority is creating an environment in which our guests can relax, renew and recharge. We are truly sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my apologies for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay. Constructive feedback from our guests is crucial in our continued quest to provide unparalleled guest service and impeccably clean lodging accommodations.

Reviewed 22 September 2008

There were animals in the lobby and a cat that they had made a bed for at the front entrance along with a bowl of milk and food. The hotel states no animals. There was a chorline smell in the lobby and our room smelled like sour socks. Even though we had used a credit card to reserve our room, we were told that if we paid cash there was a requirement of $150.00 additional cash as a "deposit" - hmm odd they had my credit card information. Also charged for having a safe in the room even though I did NOT use it. Breakfast rolls were rock hard on day 1 day 2 little better. They did not clean our room, just pulled up the sheets, left the bathroom dirty towels and washclothes in the tub floor and left dirty used cups on the night stand. Do yourself a favor and stay in Galesburg - only 20 minutes away and well worth the money and time driving!!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled on business

Reviewed 23 May 2008

I've stayed in the americinn off and on for several months now. I've never experianced a dirty room and the staff is very friendly and helpful. I would recommend anyone coming into the area to stop and stay with them!!!

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Reviewed 7 August 2007

My mother, brother and I stayed one night at this hotel while enroute home from Wisconsin. We did not have advance reservations and arrived at the hotel about 6pm on a week night. Although my brother was able to get a nonsmoking room, my mother and I had to take a smoking room. The desk clerk explained that they did not have enough clean rooms to let because some of the staff did not show up for work.
Our smoking room smelled pretty bad so we asked for some room freshener and received two dryer sheets which we were instructed to stuff into the air conditioner vents.
This seems to be a fairly new facility so the decor is actually pleasant and appeared clean. The space allotted for the morning continental breakfast is very small; the breakfast items were the usual things such as toast, bagels, yogurt, generic dry cereal, watery juice and very dried-out scrambled eggs and hash browns. It seemed very crowded even though there were probably only about 12 or so people there in the morning.
This is a very basic but perfectly acceptable place to stay as long as all you are interested in is a bed for the night. It was quiet and adequate for our needs. It is located on route 78 at the south edge of Kewanee.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family

Reviewed 6 January 2007

My husband and I stayed at the Americ Inn for 7 days over the holiday. The hotel is very clean and well kept. The staff is friendly and prompt with your requests. There is a beautiful lobby which makes you feel like you're in a ski lodge and the pool room has a high cedar ceiling. You can get breakfast in the morning, not just coffee and donuts but eggs and waffles or fresh baked cookies in the evening (all free of charge). The rooms are soooo quiet and the beds are really comfortable. I'd reccomend it to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank jjjacksonChicago

We recently made some changes in management. I would like to take a moment to Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your stay at the AmericInn Kewanee. Our top priority is creating an environment in which our guests can relax, renew and recharge. Constructive feedback from our guests is crucial in our continued quest to provide unparalleled guest service and impeccably clean lodging accommodations.

AmericInn Kewanee

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kewanee
Best Western Annawan Inn
Super 8 Galva
Super 8 Galva
#1 of 1 in Galva
Kewanee Motor Lodge
Kewanee Motor Lodge
#3 of 3 in Kewanee

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Kewanee? Share your experiences!