“A really wonderful day”

Aurora Borealis Adventures
Ranked #1 of 5 things to do in Vindeln
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children
Reviewed 10 April 2014

In early winter we booked a half-day sled trip to take place on April, 2 staying overnight. This late winter has been extremely warm in Sweden so the snow was almost gone (much earlier than normal in the north of Sweden).
Instead we had a very exciting experience going on a 'sled' with wheels with very eager Huskies ahead. Don, the fantastic guide, who picked us up at the train station, spent almost all day with us two, telling stories about dogs, dog sledging and other matters and tirelessly answering all our questions. He showed us the kennel with all the wonderful, friendly dogs and a harmonious atmosphere.The dogs had a big area where they now and then were let loose having a great time running around. All the best, warm equipment (jackets, hats, gloves and boots) was offered. A very good lunch was served by Don in a lapp cot by the Vindeln river and a delicious three dishes in the guest house.
To conclude - an extraordinary adventure! If you also love dogs as we do you should pay a visit to Aurora Borealis in Ekorrsele, Vindeln.

Doneri, Ägare at Aurora Borealis Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Thank you for your review. It was a pleasure for us to have your here with us and we´re so happy you liked it even without snow.
We look forward to meet you soon again on new adventures

Reviewed 31 March 2014

I never spent that much time actually on the sled! I have been kind of addicted to dog sledding tours in the last couple of years and did a couple of longer ones. Most of them so far have been tent based and you spend a lot of time setting up and packing in camp.

On this tour (I did a longer trip, with eight days of actual sledding and more than 500 km distance covered), every stop was in a hut/B&B/hostel, so getting started in the morning was really easy and there were just about 90 minutes before waking up and the sled starting to move (as opposed to the four hours I was used to). Which meant that most of the day was actually spent with the thing I really love about dog sledding tours - being on a dog sled.

That the guide was great, the dogs very, very well behaved, we spotted some moose along the way (bonus info: Ruby is not the most alert lead dog, but if she runs as a team dog, she's really good at spotting moose - I would have missed a pair of moose standing at the forest edge if Ruby hadn't been consistently looking in that direction) and the scenery impressive also helped a bit...

1  Thank Christian_F_Berlin
Doneri, Ägare at Aurora Borealis Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Thanka a lot for your nice review. We're happy you liked your tour, even if we had to change the plans a little bit. We really look forward to see you again on a longer tour and continue to search for geocaching points.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

I came to Sweden 2 month ago and I really love this country and made a lot of great experiences... but the dog sledding tour was really the best experience I had so far! The introduction was helpful, the guides were very friendly and the dogs are amazing! Even thinking about it makes me smile. Also I really liked the possibility to borrow all important clothes (shoes, hats, jackets, trousers and gloves) there. So all in all this is a lifetime experience and I'm really happy I went on this trip. By the way, the food in the lunch break was also very delicious. And don't be scared, you will get used to how to handle the sledge and the dogs pretty fast^^

1  Thank KathiiUmea
Doneri, Ägare at Aurora Borealis Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Thanks a lot for your positive words. We are really happy you liked the tour and look forward to see you again on new adventures.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

I been experiencing dog sledding first time in my life and I was enjoying it so much! Dogs are in perfect condition, friendly and use to people. Aurora Borealis Adventures team treat us like we know each other since long time. We enjoyed stories about dogs, dog sledding as well Sweden and Lapland. Additionally to enjoyable tours we were getting really tasty food. I never before eat such nice worm lunches under open sky. When I will have opportunity in the future I would definitely go there once more!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Doneri, Ägare at Aurora Borealis Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

We are so happy you liked your stay with us, and of course that you liked the food, because the food is a very important ingredient in our tours.
We hope to see you soon again, maybe for a stand up paddling tour in summer?

Reviewed 15 February 2014

I was now a couple of times dogsledding and once rafting with aurora borealis. Every time was totally worth it. Nice and competent personnel and very well trained dogs. That you are stirring your sledge on your own makes it an unforgettable experience!

Thank you so much for your kind words. We hope to see you again on new adventures with family and friends.