“Great food and quick service!”
Review of Prasino

Prasino
Reserve with OpenTable
Prasino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 70 Restaurants in La Grange
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: La Grange Road and Cossitt Avenue
Description: prasino means "green" in Greek. So, it is only natural that every choice we make, from our food to our restaurant design to our kitchen facilities, reflects our respect for a sustainable environment. Our priority is serving hormone/anti-biotic free meats, sustainable seafood, organic produce and eggs. Every effort is made to buy locally whenever possible, but we have also sought out exceptional ingredients from around the country from like-minded vendors. We are proud to present our Contemporary American menu in a refreshing, comfortable atmosphere that celebrates the love of good food, good conversation and friendship.
Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

Recently visited to meet a coworker.
Pleasantly surprised at the amount of seating, Inside there were booths and plenty of table seating in the huge restaurant. I also believe there was outdoor seating as well.
Was seated pretty quickly, and ordered a plate of yogurt... it was plain yogurt, which I almost passed on, as I really like vanilla, but glad I didn’t. It was full of granola and berries. What made th yogurt especially good was, the drizzle of honey. It was probably big enough for me, if I had ordered a few slices of toast, but I wanted to try their omelets.
I ordered their hippie omelette, and added ham. It was really good, and super filling. I think next time, I’d order it with a smaller amount of goat cheese, as it was kinda overwhelming, but good.
Excellent venue and would highly recommend!

Reviewed 6 August 2018

Great find after a movie at the local theater. Nice variety on the menu. Fair prices with adequate portions. Lobster ravioli and short ribs were excellent. Service was fine.

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

I’m always torn when I write these types of reviews, because I hate that the rating isn’t reflective of the food. Bottom line here is that the food was delicious for the most part, but the service was HORRIBLE!! We had a 25min wait on Sunday mid morning. Totally understandable! We were offered waters, and when the waiter finally did come by for our orders, I ordered coffee and my husband ordered a double Bloody Mary. Coffee fabulous; Bloody Mary was clearly not a double, and he’s an expert on those! LOL! We ordered the bagel with Salmon to try; I got the Veg-Out Omelette, and he got the Chilaquiles. The waiter brought our drinks and then 20min later brought the bagel and explained that the other food would be out soon, but the kitchen was very, very busy. (Why this seemed to be a surprise to him at brunch time on Sunday I have no clue!) No offer for refills etc.. He literally vanished during which time I finally asked another passing waiter for coffee. Time passed and no coffee. The other waiter passed by again and saw my still empty cup, motioned to someone inside thru the window by pointing at my cup. Time passed and nothing. Finally, I took my cup and went inside to ask the hostess if I could please get more coffee. She looked confused, so I asked for the manager. The hostess explained that she was “around” and would send her out. The manager came out to talk to me with NO coffee, but she apologized!!! Finally someone else came out later and filled my cup. Our food finally came, which was the only time since the bagel delivery that our waiter was seen, and while the bagel was absolutely nothing special as the salmon was merely okay, our other food was absolutely AMAZING!

I’m not a complainer, so for me have gotten up to find coffee is not only unheard of for me, but it was ridiculous to have to do. After all of that, the manager never came back to check or even make the small gesture of not charging me for my coffee.

Go for the food, but you might bring your own thermos of coffee.

Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

Had a business breakfast meeting. Food was great service was OK. Appeared to be under staffed, someone must have called off. Will go back.

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

I am so happy we found Prasino. The food was excellent, the service was wonderful and the drinks were outstanding. We ordered so many delicious appetizers that were such generous portions that we did not even order entree’s. We will be back to do so. The deep dish cookie was decadent. Please open one near New Lenox we need you out here.