“Refreshingly different!”
Review of Kama Bistro

Kama Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Kama Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 63 Restaurants in La Grange
Price range: US$12 - US$20
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: La Grange / US 20
Transit: BNSF metra.
Description: Kama Bistro is named after the Indian cupid, the god of love and passion, symbolizing the aesthetic pleasure of the senses. Indulge your senses and experience the passion Kama brings to its food and service. This is not your ordinary Indian food. Kama Bistro’s menu puts an emphasis on fresh, high quality ingredients. Freshly ground spices go into sauces made from scratch every day. Homemade paneer (cottage cheese), all-natural chicken and prime domestic lamb make for superior protein. Everything is prepared to order to ensure its quality. The menu is rounded out with innovative cocktails, diverse wine and a select microbrew list to accompany your food. The martinis, including mango, cinnamon pleasure, pineapple and cucumber chili, are always made from fresh fruit purees and homemade syrups, all-natural and a perfect balance to spicy food.
“Refreshingly different!”
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Food: High quality ingredients with actual taste of Indian food. I tried the Goan fish curry and chicken biryani. Both were excellent and tasteful just as they came. No need to ask for less or extra hot!

Ambiance: unlike the typical Indian restaurant with an overdose of art and a unnecessary traditionalism, Kama is a balance between modern and contemporary. A full bar with seating and dim lighting. Comfortable seating for family dining as well.

Service: I visited on a Wednesday night and the service staff was thin. The lady usher after realizing I waited over 10 mins took the order herself. She waited on me and that was certainly appreciated. The other waiters/ waitresses seemed more interested in larger groups.

The place is ideally located close to some pay and park locations.

Overall a pleasant experience. Am coming back for more!

• Visited February 2014

Oak Forest, Illinois
“Great place for Indian food”
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Just had a very tasty lunch with a friend who had never had Indian food, I have had it a couple of times this was delicious. We both enjoyed it thoroughly,our server Ally was most helpful explaining the variety of dishes on the menu.

• Visited January 2014
La Grange, Illinois
“First time eating Indian, great experience”
Reviewed 18 January 2014

Being a newbie Indian food eater, I was clueless as to what to order. Our waitress Ally was very knowledgeable and helpful with the menu. I told her what I liked and didn't like and suggested dishes for me. Wow! I ordered the lamb samosas and lamb vindaloo extra spicy. So delicious! Also had the lamb tacos, just fabulous. I ordered the Moroccan tea which was so good and warmed us up on our visit which was a very cold day. I would definitely go back and try all the dishes that my friends suggested. Oh, dessert? Amazing.

• Visited January 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“Best Indian Food in Chicago”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

I am an Indian and I have been around the Indian food scene in Chicago, Its suburbs, NYC, San Francisco and many more cities. I think Kama is best in Chicago and one of the best among Top NYC Indian restaurants.

I always yearned for an Indian Restaurant which not only elevates the traditional Indian dishes but also does something out of the box unique by fusing non indian dishes with Indian spices and thtas where Kama shines. They do a splendid job in fusing American dishes with Indian spices as well as making traditional dishes very sumptuous. Secret of their Success is passion of their owners, Vikram and Agnes.

We made a Trip from Downtown to La Grange on the request a friend to try Kama, which was recently awarded Bib Gourmand. We are very glad that we made the trip.

For appetizers, we had Beef Tacos (my Fav) and Chicken Chilly. Both were great. For Entrees, we had Sea Bass , Lamb Masala , Dal Makhani and Amritsari Kulcha. Everything was delicious. I usually don't like Lamb. Being brought up on eating Goat, makes me feel Lamb being Gamey and tough. This is the 2nd place which makes absolutely tender and succulent lamb (First one is Amber India in San Jose).

Owners spent quite a bit of time with us talking about the restaurant, dishes and their future plans (Downtown??). Whether you are looking for a great Indian Food with twist or yummy traditional Indian curries, Kama exceeds expectation in both areas and is highly recommended.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank BigMak99
Chicago, Illinois
“Good Indian food”
Reviewed 14 June 2013

The food is very very good, and some dishes are unique. Great vegetarian options. Service can be spotty sometimes though.

Visited June 2013