“Best place in the area for great food and convivial atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Grille 43

Grille 43
Reserve with OpenTable
Grille 43 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 34 Restaurants in Lake Bluff
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Rockland Rd.
Lake Bluff, Illinois 60044
“Best place in the area for great food and convivial atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

We have been visiting Grille 43 since it opened. The menu changes frequently and they do a fabulous take on fish. The appetizers are good as well.

• Visited December 2013

Chicago, Illinois
“Good Food, Indifferent Service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

This was my second trip to Grille 43. I'm not sure if there will be a third time. For lunch, this is sort of a splurge, so you want the experience to be worth it. Unfortunately, it was not. When we arrived, the hostess acted like we were bothering her. She sorted of pointed toward the table where she wanted us to sit. Then we waited a LONG time for service and had to interrupt what appeared to be a personal conversation to ask for service. When the waitress appeared at our table she looked at the glasses of water we had been given, and demanded "Who brought yout those?" They had several specials that day, so you would think they would have printed them out instead of having to rely upon the waitresses' apparent dislike of having to explain them. Once she took our order the food came quickly and was very good, but the overall expereince was not pleasant. Perhaps the staff just needs finishing school.

• Visited November 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Ok, clarify menu description”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

Had dinner here tonight (9/12/13). Ordered the 8 oz. beef tenderloin entrée. Was surprised when the entrée arrived and it was two 4 oz. beef tenderloins. As a result they were dryer and had less flavor. When I questioned the server about why there were two pieces and expressed my dissatisfaction he said it was for presentation. Not buying that. I imagine it's less expensive and they almost looked 'manufactured'. I'm sure other items on the menu would be better choices.
Service wad good and the atmosphere was nice. I'd visit again if I were in the area but I'd stay away from ordering the 8 oz. beef tenderloin. I would recommend updating the menu to reflect what they are really plating. No surprises...

• Visited September 2013
Chicago
“Excellent and Undiscovered”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

The place is rarely filled to capacity. It should be with the quality of the menu. The entrees are well presented and more than ample. The spicing is pretty zesty.

Visited August 2013
Lake Bluff, Illinois
“My favorite.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2013

Love this place..been there 10+ times now, and the only thing I ever disliked is no longer on the menu. The drunken shrimp, burgers, and steak sandwiches are all fantastic!

• Visited June 2013