Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lake Zurich-Barrington
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lake Zurich
Reviewed 9 November 2011

We stayed here 3 nights as this was the host hotel for the Norge Ski Club located in nearby Fox River Grove, IL. The hotel is very clean and the rooms were great! The beds were very comfortable and the pillows were awesome - I usually travel with my own bed pillow and forgot it this time! The breakfast was decent The Pool is big and the kids had fun! The only downfall I felt is that the hotel is set back away from the road behind some other businesses, so it is hard to see and find at first. We will definitely stay here again for our next trip to the Norge Ski Club!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Nev_3, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lake Zurich-Barrington, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2011

Thank you for your great feedback. It was a pleasure having the Norge Ski attendees and participants as our guests. We look foward to serving you again next year and hope you will have just as great (if not better) of an experience!

Reviewed 24 August 2011

Oh my gosh, I can't compliment this hotel enough on their patience and graciousness. There were three weddings happening that weekend and therefore several parties of people in town for the various weddings (held elsewhere). First of all, it's very nice. The room was big and clean. The bathroom was lovely (I hardly say that about my own bathroom). The bed was comfy. The TV was big. There was a little fridge and two large mirrors—essential for getting ready! There's a Starbucks in the same parking lot (and a Subway and a Sonic). There's a nice indoor pool and hot tub. The staff was super friendly. They could've scolded us several times for being loud and runnin' around, but they were understanding about the excitement for the wedding. I just really appreciated the way they treated us. This was the perfect hotel stay for the occasion and I would absolutely recommend this to my friends and DEFINITELY recommend if you're trying to plan for guests at an event. Thank you so much!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2011

Very clean and new. Rate of $90 was well within expectation for this room. Staff was really flat but not difficult at all. Big fridge and microwave. Pool and hot tub also. Will stay again. Check out Hackney's and Oberwise for dessert. Hackneys overpriced but good burgers and pretty cool environment.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed 2 April 2011

I recently stayed at this hotel while attending an event at the Lake Barrington Field House for my teenage son. Everything from the time we made a reservation to the time we checkout was first class. The service from the front desk was excellent and my family enjoyed the 24 hour pool and the free breakfast. Given the fantastic service and all the extras it was a great value for the price of the room.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 March 2011

This is the fourth trip I have stayed at this hotel in the last 2 years.

On this trip, I stayed for thee nights - including the weekend. This was the first time I was not on an upper level floor. I checked in to room 107. This is 3 doors down from the pool. On all three nights, there were little kids running the hallways and using the pool. I never heard them when my door was closed. There was also a big group of people watching the NCAA tournament in the lobby - about 4 doors down from me. They were whooping it up for one of the games - and when my door was closed, I NEVER heard them.

The people saying they couldn't sleep - I don't know... did they leave their doors open or something?

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 September 2010

This hotel caters to wedding parties, and they have a pool that's open 24 hours. Bad combination. Our room was next to the pool, and there was shrieking, yelling, singing, etc. into the small hours. The night desk person finally got them cleared out, but not until after 2:00 a.m., and only after responding to my second complaint with a rude and belligerent "What do you want me to do about it?!" Um, maybe your job? Other people told stories of drunk groomsmen yelling and singing and running through the halls. On the brighter side, the day desk person apologized and gave us a different room, and the manager made good on their "you don't pay for the unsuccessful part of your stay" guarantee.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 August 2010

I stayed here recently while visiting a friend who lives in Lake Zurich. I have enjoyed my stays over the past few years at Holiday Inn Expresses and I had no reason to think this would be any different. Boy, was I wrong. As a Priority Club member, my only request was a high room. I was given a room on the first floor near the pool. The air conditioner in the room made a dripping sound all night. There was hair in the shower. The walls are apparently quite thin and until midnight, I heard a baby crying in the room next door. I had a horrible night sleep and could not wait to get out in the morning. Maybe I just caught the hotel at a bad time, but I have no plans to go back then next time I visit.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
#1 of 1 in Grayslake
DoubleTree by Hilton Libertyville - Mundelein
Hyatt Place Chicago/Hoffman Estates
Hilton Garden Inn Hoffman Estates

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lake Zurich-Barrington? Share your experiences!