“Company's corporate hotel of choice”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lake Zurich-Barrington
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lake Zurich
Reviewed 21 July 2012

This place is a great business hotel for the Lake Zurich area.

Staff is friendly and welcoming.

Warm touches, great decor, bright lobby.

New looking facility, very clean.

Shuttle service is convenient.

Grocery store next door for long stays.

If every hotel could reach this quality standard and value... we wouldn't need trip advisor.

Room Tip: The higher the better... stay away from the ground floor room - next to the breakfast room/lounge.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lake Zurich-Barrington

Reviewed 2 July 2012

Just wanted to say how wonderful the experience was dealing with Gail Regas at this hotel. I did not stay at the hotel, we live close by, but Gail was wonderful in setting up the rooms and shuttle service to Biltmore Country Club. She was extremely accommodating when I had to change the shuttle times multiple times. Thanks Gail!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 June 2012

We booked a large block of rooms here for a family wedding. The king room was spotless, carpet just shampooed earlier that day. The room was spacious and allowed enough closet room and drawer space to actually unpack. The bed was so comfortable, I would have loved to take it home with us. The breakfst provided so much variety, I can't believe I stuck with my normal peanut butter and jelly toast. The pancake maker was a hit with the kids in the family. The front desk staff was accommodating with the shuttle back and forth from the reception, and the different needs we had during our 2-3 day stay. Thanks for starting off our summer in a more home-like atmosphere, quiet, comfortable and welcoming. LOVEDTHE ADULT POOL TIME!!

Room Tip: King rooms have more space to walk between bed and TV console
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 May 2012

I have now stayed at this hotel twice.nice enough facility but over the last 2 nights I was bitten while sleeping..sounds and looks like bed bugs.
Also the breakfast is appalling..powdered and watery eggs, string bacon and no fruit unless you want to munch on a hard apple..pathetic. either do it well or dont do it at all

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lake Zurich-Barrington, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2012

Dear TravellerHawaii,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a candid review. I assure you bed bugs are not a sanitary issue and IHG takes these concerns seriously. We recommend that our hotels undergo routine preventative procedures to guard against bed bugs. In the event that bed bugs are discovered, we recommend that the hotel's pest control specialists act to ensure that the bugs are eradicated and if necessary, the hotel discards and replaces all affected furniture and linens. Additionally, we recommend the guest room is taken out of service until the hotel is advised that the guest room is pest free. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHG Care

Reviewed 24 May 2012

I really enjoyed our week long stay here with family and a dog.
Park across the street, malls nearby to eat, very friendly staff. Clean rooms.
Good sleeps.

Room Tip: A room facing away from road and upper floor is nice.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 May 2012

Our room was spotless and the bed very comfortable. I loved the options in pillow firmness! The breakfast was ok - I don't bother with the "fake" eggs and stuck with yogurt and toast. We saw the weak coffee and decided to walk across the parking lot to Starbucks to get a real cup of coffee.
The hotel staff was very accomodating and provided a shuttle ride for us to attend a party in the area.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
HolidayInn Z, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lake Zurich-Barrington, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2012

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I appreciate the nice comments regarding the room and the staff as we strive to deliver excellence with each and every guest. More importantly I appreciate the comments regarding the breakfast and coffee as this has allowed to address any short comings and make corrections where necessary. We appreciate your business and taking the time to provide your feedback.

Jessica Neville

Reviewed 27 April 2012

I travel Illinois and Indiana professionally. The buffet breakfast has the best (most varied) selection of food items I've experienced. Only the occasional hotel that has a real person making your eggs or hotcakes top this. Plus, I was a late eater and I noticed the room was as clean as at 6:00 a.m. Compliments to the staff for keeping it a place you want to eat in.

A special thanks to Kyle for fixing my TV after the cable guys had been tinkering in the PBX room.

cc9565

p.s. The pancake machine...I remember my first waffle machine where you pour your own batter...this thing..press a button and out they roll..almost like a no-window car wash. Cool!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
#3 of 4 in Crystal Lake
Holiday Inn Crystal Lake
Holiday Inn Crystal Lake
#1 of 4 in Crystal Lake

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lake Zurich-Barrington? Share your experiences!