Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lake Zurich-Barrington
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lake Zurich
Broadbeach, Australia
“Perfectly Happy”
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I had never been to America until my one month trip in Sep/Oct. I was visiting friends I hadn't seen for approx. 30 years (when they were living briefly in Australia) and stayed at HI Express & Suites Lake Zurich - Barrington. I was so happy with my room, the facilities and the light breakfast. Every aspect of my short stay was just wonderful. In particular I just loved the 'whirlpool' to relax in before retiring for the evening. Thank you - Margaret Mc

Room Tip: High up as possible is always a bonus.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
HolidayInn Z, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lake Zurich-Barrington, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
To Our Loyal Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts about your stay with us. I am happy to hear that you had an enjoyable visit at here at the Holiday Inn and Suites Lake Zurich, and I hope that your entire trip to America was just as pleasant. We hope you will visit us again.

Amy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I don't travel all the time , but i had my most memorable ever( excluding my Honeymoon) at this Lake Zurich Holiday Inn Express!!
Its hard to fit all I want to say on this page, but here goes. Hanan, Gracey and all the staff made us truly feel like family. So much so we invited them to come to our 35th class reunion dinner with us. The hot tub came in real handy during my 4 day weekend in from Phoenix. The coffee and breakfast were awesome. The shuttle was invaluable, as I decided to forgo my rental car. I thought I was stuck, but soon realized the van was at our beck and call. October 5th, 2013 was one of the best weekends in 53 years on this planet, and your hotel and staff were a big part of it. You can't really fake customer service it is either there or it's not. It's There!! Trust me they will not disappoint.

Room Tip: I visited quite a few that weeknd and they were all good!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
HolidayInn Z, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lake Zurich-Barrington, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
To Our Valaued Guest,

It was a pleasure having your group stay with us. We are happy that you had a great time and enjoyed the Hot tub and were able to use the shuttle. I will be sure to share your comments with my staff. We look forward to having you stay with us again when you come back to Lake Zurich.

Commerce Township, Michigan
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Amy is just amazing! She remembers us when we come there. She has a great sense of humor, a great attitude, and always makes us feel welcome! She is highly organized and professional, also. Having employees who are of Amy's caliber make staying at this location very relaxing and pleasant. Her attention to detail puts her head and shoulders above other people.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
HolidayInn Z, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lake Zurich-Barrington, responded to this review, 6 October 2013
To Our Valued Guest,

Thank you so very much for the kind words. It is always a pleasure to have the two of you stay with us whenever you are in town. We strive to make every guest feel at home when they are here. I look forward to your next stay.

PHOENIX, AZ
Reviewed 14 September 2013

DYNAMITE PLACE TO STAY! Been going here for 4+ years. We visit family here at leat 2=3 times a year! Great Pool, Great place to eat in the AM, very comfortable too! If staying on the 3rd floor, be sure to ask to stay on the East side. They have a huge Pond, the birds like to hang out here! The other side views the Parking Lot, not as pretty.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank JON F
HolidayInn Z, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lake Zurich-Barrington, responded to this review, 16 September 2013
To our valued guest,
On behalf of all of our staff, I want to thank you for the nice comments you had written in your review on your experience here. It is loyal guest's like you that make our hotel what it is. We look forward to your future with us at the Holiday Inn Express in Lake Zurich when you come and visit your family again.

Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed 8 days. Breakfast got old after having the same options every day. Only 1 pancake maker for everyone to share which is really slow. Very strict about breakfast hours & cut it off promptly. Has a shuttle van but 3 days in a row we used it & driver couldn't find our location & made us late. On our 5th night a crying baby in room next to ours kept us awake. We asked to move but all rooms were booked, although some people hasn't arrived they wouldn't let us move until after 11 pm but I guess everyone arrived bc we didn't get to move. Was disappointed they didn't recycle. Beds were comfortable. Staff were friendly. Pool was indoor only, but open 24 hours which was nice.

• Stayed July 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lake Zurich-Barrington, responded to this review, 12 September 2013
Dear TaushaTaylor,

Thank you for leaving a comprehensive review, highlighting not only the bad but also the good points of your stay. We are glad to read you found the beds comfortable. It was unfortunate to see your stay was not as comfortable as it could have been due to the noise challenges you experienced.

Though we would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, we would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and we hope you give us a chance in the future to make your stay as best as it can be.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Columbus, OH
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Stayed here for a wedding, to keep it brief, it was clean, the people at check in were polite, the included breakfast was fine. The most unexpected part for me was the bathroom, it was really big, lots of counter space, which was great for getting ready for a wedding!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Hanan H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lake Zurich-Barrington, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Hi Deb,

We take pride in having friendly staff and your review has thrilled us. We appreciate your kind comments and your noticing that we strive to be as attentive to our guests' needs as we can.

Overall, we are glad you enjoyed your stay and certainly look forward to seeing you again.

Hanan
Cary, Illinois
Reviewed 14 August 2013

We recently sold our home in Lake Zurich IL but our new home was not ready so we made reservations and spent four wonderful nights in a hotel that I had driven past hundreds of times. What a gem. Hanan, Amy and the rest of the staff were superb. The room, the cleanliness, the breakfast--all first rate. I am so glad we chose the Holiday Inn and Lake Zurich and would not hesitate to recommend it.

Terry B

#1 of 4 in Crystal Lake
DoubleTree by Hilton Libertyville - Mundelein
Baymont Inn & Suites Mundelein Libertyville Area
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Crystal Lake

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lake Zurich-Barrington? Share your experiences!